Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
https://www.charouz-racing.com/igor-fraga-joins-the-red-bull-junior-programme/
49665830777_9588f7ce6a_o.jpg

older DLC cars have probably been forgotten as well, such as the Audi R8 V8, C3 Corvette, 512 BB, Mach 1 Mustang or the 2016 Renault Clio (for good reason, in the case of this car).

Forgotten in what sense? Official races featuring them or forgotten by the community?

If it's the latter, drag lobbies that feature muscle cars are full of Mach 1 Mustangs and C3 Corvette as they dominate the mid tier tuners like the RX7.

Same goes for the Audi R8 and Ferrari 512BB. A wheelie tune on a 512 is deadly.

In general, horsepower limited lobbies feature a lot of "eccentric" cars as a means to find something new/challenging to tune. For example, an all Mazda Demio tuning challenge :lol:

Maintenance tomorrow 20/3 from 1200-1300.

Penalty update?
Mixed tyre compound fix?

Edit: Server maintenance.

Last edited:
When they announced that the actual Nurburgring 24 Hours this year was going to be delayed to September, I definitely had a feeling they would cancel the 2020 Nurb World Tour.

I suppose it was only inevitable...

Does anyone know if there's a poll around that shows if players use GTSport more for online, offline races, livery creation and or photoscapes?

Do you think it’d be better for me to post ideas I had ITT, as a new thread in the general GTS sub-forum, in one of the suggestions sub-forums, or perhaps as an article I could try to submit to GTPlanet itself? I feel like I have a lot in regards to ideas, suggestions, and hypotheses, and idk if posting them here (or in the forums in general) would be best when compared to getting an article published. I have experience getting stuff published, too - in high school and college for those respective school newspapers, as well as within writing letters to the editor of my local paper.

I really wanted to write about two subjects, at least to start:
-Controls, including a plea for car-by-car controller mapping and realistic transmission options. I mean, I think we’re partially there with each transmission type being listed in the settings, but I wanna be able to map the clutch to my DualShock when driving a Miata, while not worrying about shifting in the A90 Supra, before jumping into a Gr.3 car where I could still utilize a sequential manual transmission. This, of course, would be without a need to keep going back and forth with the more general options menu, where AT/MT applies to all vehicles. That’s before we get into wasted buttons when you can’t map the controller on a car-by-car basis, such as when you may have a button mapped for headlights and/or wipers in an F1 car.

On a similar subject, I’m not sure if it’s just GTS, but I think assists (as well as BB/FM/ABS/TCS/etc.) should reflect what the car comes with - though I’d still have them available as installable parts.

-How could the various racing groups be further fleshed out with more automaker representation? Could the Manufacturer Series also go beyond Gr.3 and Gr.4 races?

Thoughts, @Famine?

Last edited:
Igor Fraga said in his Stream that he is already talking with Polyphony about Gran Turismo 7... (Was the GT Ambassador involved in the development of the next game?...)

This post about the stinginess of Daily Workout.
Sorry if this was discussed before. I couldn't find a post on Google but if it exists, please disregard and I would appreciate a link to the topic!

As many people these days, I find myself with a lot of spare time. Thankfully there is GT Sport and Excel to keep me (somewhat) busy.
So far I have logged 305 days playing the game. I estimate that I reached the 42.5 miles most of the time, but let's say 280 times to be conservative.
I currently own 279 cars, 2/3 of which I got from the Roulette of Doom. Most of the time I sell a previously bought car if I get it as gift, and always delete duplicates. I have ZERO cars valued above 3.6M, of which there are 11. That's 3.3% of total cars in the game.
So: 3.3%*280=9.2.
PD, where are my 9.2 330s?

Did you guys receive expensive cars as gifts or is it designed so we can only buy them?

Also, I have to say that, having played all GT games since 98, GT Sport is most likely my favorite thanks to Sport mode and amazing graphics most notably. However I regret not having the sense of car ownership that I could feel in previous games. For that I blame the Roulette of Doom.

See you on track!

This post about the stinginess of Daily Workout.
Sorry if this was discussed before. I couldn't find a post on Google but if it exists, please disregard and I would appreciate a link to the topic!

As many people these days, I find myself with a lot of spare time. Thankfully there is GT Sport and Excel to keep me (somewhat) busy.
So far I have logged 305 days playing the game. I estimate that I reached the 42.5 miles most of the time, but let's say 280 times to be conservative.
I currently own 279 cars, 2/3 of which I got from the Roulette of Doom. Most of the time I sell a previously bought car if I get it as gift, and always delete duplicates. I have ZERO cars valued above 3.6M, of which there are 11. That's 3.3% of total cars in the game.
So: 3.3%*280=9.2.
PD, where are my 9.2 330s?

Did you guys receive expensive cars as gifts or is it designed so we can only buy them?

Also, I have to say that, having played all GT games since 98, GT Sport is most likely my favorite thanks to Sport mode and amazing graphics most notably. However I regret not having the sense of car ownership that I could feel in previous games. For that I blame the Roulette of Doom.

See you on track!

I believe the rarity of the high-priced “unicorns” have been adjusted over the life cycle of GTS. I personally won an XJ13 within a few days of it being added to the game (early 2018) and I remember many people posting excitedly about winning that and the 330 around that time. At some point though it seemed that no one was able to get a 10 mil+ car from the wheel, at least not in the daily thread here on GTP, and this I think seemed to start occurring around the same time the optional microtransactions were added. That’s how it was for a while but I think I’ve seen a couple posts about them getting awarded here and there in recent months, however I’m not sure if they’re authentic.

Regardless, peak luck was in the first quarter of 2018, and I wouldn’t hold out on winning one off the roulette if you’re aiming to get one at some point.

Regardless, peak luck was in the first quarter of 2018, and I wouldn’t hold out on winning one off the roulette if you’re aiming to get one at some point.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
I guess I’ll have to “get in there Lewis” with DLC then. I’d love to get the interior feel of these rare cars in VR!

I believe the rarity of the high-priced “unicorns” have been adjusted over the life cycle of GTS. I personally won an XJ13 within a few days of it being added to the game (early 2018) and I remember many people posting excitedly about winning that and the 330 around that time. At some point though it seemed that no one was able to get a 10 mil+ car from the wheel, at least not in the daily thread here on GTP, and this I think seemed to start occurring around the same time the optional microtransactions were added. That’s how it was for a while but I think I’ve seen a couple posts about them getting awarded here and there in recent months, however I’m not sure if they’re authentic.

Same here.

18 months ago I won 2x 330’s and 1x XJ13 in the space of a month or two. Haven’t won one 10m-20m car for well over a year. I’ve only seen a couple in the roulette since.

That said I’ve now earned enough to buy all the cars I want and currently have over 50m credits. I often do the Le Mans 1979 race with a tuned up 330, MKIV or XJ13. An easy 2 lap (clean) win for 240k credits.

That said I’ve now earned enough to buy all the cars I want and currently have over 50m credits. I often do the Le Mans 1979 race with a tuned up 330, MKIV or XJ13. An easy 2 lap (clean) win for 240k credits.
Thanks! That's quite a lot of grinding... And I need one of these cars to join :D.
I think it's the first time in the series getting all cars is so hard, unless you get the Lewis Hamilton DLC. Neat picking a bit but it's a bit sad to think that many owners of the game will never be able to enjoy that content.

I've been playing GT4 again lately, because the daily races don't interest me anymore. I've also come to discover that the game gives you a sense of achievement which GT Sport rarely provides. Obviously the nostalgia factor is strong, but the game still holds up in my opinion because the gameplay is brilliant. I know it lacks in many areas compared to GT Sport, but I can forgive all of it's shortfalls because the events are fun and varied. It just goes to show how important single player experiences are in making a great game. GT Sport has everything but a good career mode which really prevents it from reaching legendary status. I almost feel like all these improvements in physics, sounds and graphics can be put to better use with a decent career mode - not one tacked onto the side without much thought.

Putting emphasis on Sport Mode was one of the biggest mistakes PD have made, as many are not interested in online racing. We want single-player experiences that are well laid out and good enough to hold your attention for a long time. GT players want evolution, not revolution when it comes to core gameplay. Nothing was broken about the traditional GT career, so why try to fix it? I find it ridiculous that Kaz decided to abandon the values of GT at a time when the genre was starting to fade into obscurity. It has to regain market relevance and throw out any stupid philosophies which does away with the tried and tested formula. It's tried and tested for a reason! Wake up Kaz! We're not living in your idealistic vision, we are living a reality that's struggling to justify the existence of home consoles! Make the investment worthwhile, and prove to the investors that consoles do have a place! GT is a system seller, so if the game is brilliant from day one, the PS5 will see a huge amount of extra sales.

I'm no business manager but there has to be a shake-up in the promotion and PR department of PD. It has to happen if GT7 is to be a success. Show the people what you've done to address their concerns, give them a proper career mode and let everybody know that GT is here to stay. The time really is now for PlayStation, Sony and PD to make GT great again. I don't mean to be Donald Trump but seriously, there's no excuses. All the resources must be pooled together to create a game that new and old GT fans can enjoy. As the saying goes, in order to know your future, you have to look back at your past. GT4 was the peak of GT for me, and the next game has to return to the top. I hope my optimism stands for something, I really do.

It just goes to show how important single player experiences are in making a great game.

That's my thoughts, really... it becomes even more obvious in these Corona times, where GT Sport lost connection every 5 minutes.

GT4 was the peak of GT for me, and the next game has to return to the top.

Exactly. I play GT4 a lot and everytime i play GT Sport, there are so many "IFs" and "why didn't they do it like that", it almost saddens me. The foundation is there.
E.g. i'm still waiting for proper classic events, where i can use the slower oldies stock and have a chance of placing first... or events where using the FIT or Demio makes sense, without tuning them into racing machines...

I agree regarding single player, those are good points.
Another feature that I think is really lacking, especially since it worked quite well in GT6, is lack of time of day and weather change.

But let's hope that when GT7 comes, it unites both visions: online and single player. PD is experimenting a lot with GT Sport. They probably shifted resources to GT7 a while ago now. Kaz and his team are obviously very focused and determined. Now they have tons of data with huge potential.

I've been watching a lot of eracing on YouTube these days, seeing a lot of different games. In terms of graphics and car detail, I haven't seen anything come anywhere CLOSE to GT Sport. Just spending a bit of time with the livery editor and photo mode shows how advanced the car modeling in this game is.
Call me a fanboy but I am looking forward to whatever comes next!

Back