Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Is anyone else having trouble signing into the Community page on gran-turismo.com? Every time I try to sign in, it says "An error occurred." Nothing to indicate what the problem is.
I'd really like to have access there again to download more liveries and decals. :(

I've started doing an enduro a day on GTSport during the lockdown... and I've just finished my second endurance race in a row with a 50% clean race bonus! (..although I didn't think it would have counted as clean, but never mind...) So that's a tidy 1.29 million Cr in just two races - albeit 106 minutes worth of effort.

I've started doing an enduro a day on GTSport during the lockdown... and I've just finished my second endurance race in a row with a 50% clean race bonus! (..although I didn't think it would have counted as clean, but never mind...) So that's a tidy 1.29 million Cr in just two races - albeit 106 minutes worth of effort.

I find avoiding the AI is the hard part to keeping the bonus...

I'm really enjoying seeing so many pro drivers take to GT Sport and other platforms at the moment.

Alex Brundle has put a gauntlet down on Twitter; a 6:26.2 on the Nordschleife in the Vantage V12, with BOP on.

I'm trying to beat this now, and I'm streaming it if anyone likes to see Aston Martins launched at Armco barriers... :lol:

There's Jingu Stadium in BB Raceway...
20200404175815.jpg

...and also in Tokyo East?
20200404175755.jpg

I still thought that BB Raceway is located near Tokyo East, but now I've thought this is more of case of asset recycling.

EDIT: In real life, the stadium is located in Tokyo R246's roads:

Last edited:
This is interesting, in my history of deleting then starting a new GT Sport game. I've lost count after restarting a 50th time.
EU6OkTYUYAE6Zzl.jpeg
EU6OZV4UwAAuE5N.jpeg

In my Driving School completion, the MR2 is a "new" gift. Never received that before. It's been the 86 GT or S-FR '15.

When the Tundra debuted, it replaced the Raptor I always got. Still hasn't changed from this black one I keep receiving. Same with the silver Cobra.
The M6 Power is new as well. I've always gotten the Walkenhorst livery.

The 458 is the same one since my very first start of doing this Campaign. Also, the algorithm gifts me either the R18(including the dirty one), 919 or 908.

Moving to the Mission rewards, so far,
the GR.4 RCZ and DBR9 are different gifts. I'll see what possible new gifts I get after the next complete missions.

As for Circuit Experience, o at this point, only different car I've gotten, is the F1 GTR. Got that for completing Spa.

If i uninstall GTS will it delete all of my photos and liveries that i have not shared? or will they still be there when i reinstall? I know on GT5 they were built into the game data.

If i uninstall GTS will it delete all of my photos and liveries that i have not shared? or will they still be there when i reinstall? I know on GT5 they were built into the game data.
Yes, unshared liveries remain.
EU88LHtU0AEInuu.jpeg

Edit: unshared race photos are deleted from your Library, but can be accessed if you've added them to your Collection.

As much as I've tried, my data stays on the PS network. Only way to start everything over, as in driver rating, new first car, is to make a new account.

You will keep your User decals, liveries(they can not be edited). My Menu/Profile/Gallery, Scapes and RRace photos, Car livery, Helmet Livery, Suit Livery are accessible/usable. Again, those liveries can't be edited.

Achievements reset, Campaigns reset.

Number of followers remain.

Your DR/SR stays the same as before you deleted the game file.

Your Daily Workout Gift will be the same, when you start a new game.

You have to watch Racing Etiquette again even though your driver rating remains.

Last edited:
Yes, unshared liveries remain.
View attachment 906672

Edit: unshared race photos are deleted from your Library, but can be accessed if you've added them to your Collection.

As much as I've tried, my data stays on the PS network. Only way to start everything over, as in driver rating, new first car, is to make a new account.

You will keep your User decals, liveries(they can not be edited). My Menu/Profile/Gallery, Scapes and RRace photos, Car livery, Helmet Livery, Suit Livery are accessible/usable. Again, those liveries can't be edited.

Achievements reset, Campaigns reset.

Number of followers remain.

Your DR/SR stays the same as before you deleted the game file.

Your Daily Workout Gift will be the same, when you start a new game.

You have to watch Racing Etiquette again even though your driver rating remains.
Oh thanks much apreciated.

I've noticed that cars with any sort of overtaking systems (e.g. DRS and ERS) are only in Gr.X, and I think this is a good decision for balance, whereas you can still have hybrids that offer more power (and/or less fuel consumption) in other groups, like the Honda Fit and the Toyota TS050. I think even if a car actually can use DRS/ERS in real life, it'd really upset the balance if it can use that sort of function while not being in Gr.X. I also think it's a good idea to only have either DRS or ERS be mapped to the overtake button, rather than worry about needing to map two buttons for the two functions, even if the car can do both in real life, like the Mercedes-AMG W08, since there's only so much real estate on the controller.

That said, I wonder if there's a way to map the controls to still have a singular layout, but still be able to map a clutch for MT cars? I'm still fascinated with the idea of cars using realistic assists and transmissions. Perhaps there could be a "real" option for transmissions and assists, wherein the assists and transmissions reflect the actual car, but it's an option that's only forced on in ranked online events, much like how some things are disabled in Sport Mode, such as auto-drive or skid recovery force.

You could, of course, map stuff like the wipers and lights to the controller, but I like how some of these things are automated if you don't map them. Personally, I think R1 or L1 could be used for a clutch, and I'd just map the "change view" button to one of the sides of the touchpad. Meanwhile, I just move around the right analog stick (mapped as "camera controls") to look back, instead of having a dedicated button for looking back; I've mapped L1, the usual button for looking back, for overtake functions.

I used to love rally mode in old GTs, I hope Poly will bring it back (and its great Tahiti tracks!)

"This is why we adopted haptic feedback, which adds a variety of powerful sensations you’ll feel when you play, such as the slow grittiness of driving a car through mud."

https://blog.us.playstation.com/202...w-wireless-game-controller-for-playstation-5/

I sort of hope we get something a bit like a refined version of GT5' rally, where it's more point-to-point. Maybe they could remake the older dirt/snow courses as point-to-point time attack stages, and on that same note, even the Goodwood Hillclimb and Pikes Peak could be part of the challenge, too. I'm personally hoping that if Gr.B returns (along with the general category system as it is, plus potential new groups) that more of the classic Group B rally cars could be added, both seen in prior GT games and new to the series for further automaker representation, with respective examples being the Lancia Delta S4 and the Daihatsu Charade. Maybe even Group B rally cars that never actually competed could be added, like those from Ferrari, or the Porsche 959. I wonder if we'll ever see that Volkswagen Gr.B car that was only seen in pre-release screenshots, too.

I'm one of the few people who dont mind how the Gr.B cars drive. However there's no point to them if all you get is a few rally tracks and a few lame league events.

And the cost of this is a million free Gr.B cars delivered to you every day.

Rally has to be culled. GT has never done it well, and the way it was implemented in GT Sport as an afterthought never to actually be used in sport mode or GT League was a huge waste of resources.
Keep rally as there are a huge number of fantastic rally cars this game needs.

But do away with gravel stages. Give us tarmac stages, hillclimbs etc. The Alpine track in (was it?) GT HD was pretty good.

Keep rally as there are a huge number of fantastic rally cars this game needs.

But do away with gravel stages. Give us tarmac stages, hillclimbs etc. The Alpine track in (was it?) GT HD was pretty good.

I used to have that same viewpoint.

However ultimately it's pointless if they can't adequately make a rally mode. PD proves they can serve up circuits that resemble neither rally or rallycross, but for actual rally stages, they can't do it to an acceptable level - gravel or no gravel. Otherwise you just get a bunch of rally cars racing on road courses which looks horrendously out of place.

I also think collision physics are integral to a rally game being immersive. This is one of Gran Turismo's weakest aspects.

GT Sport doesn't have enough tracks as it is, I have really no faith in PD adding special stages that do justice to rallying enough that is worth them forsaking that time and effort on new circuits.

Sad thing is they proved they can do rally time sectors because they did it in GT5 special events. No idea why they don't take it seriously and add that or a similar system back into the game. An eSports GT rally championship would be interesting.

And bring back tahiti maze...? :D

It amazes me that people continue to make up excuses in order to continue to have rally content in GT games, when it was never good. Yeah, sure, it was an interesting novelty in 1999, but even then, Colin McRae Rally truly outclassed it. In this modern time, when developers with a lot less resources and the lack of a safety net in being a Japanese first party studio for Sony have been able to create rally games that push the limits of the discipline, what GT has done with rally content is even more pathetic, and really puts into question what point rally in GT games serve if it's not going to be used in any regard then a novelty, and be used merely to pad out the class structure and car list with interesting, but ultimately useless vehicles.

What makes the dogged insistence on rally content in GT games even more frustrating is that because Polyphony wanted to have it (arguably, all to themselves) the Pikes Peak remains unused since they made it exclusive to them, and not even a single hillclimb car is present in the game except the Quattro. So what, Polyphony is just hoarding the Pikes Peak license...for what? Just to get the GT banner on cars during the actual event? Because if this is what you're going to do with the license, then what the hell is the point? Then again, I shudder at imagining GT's ass rally physics making a mockery out of the mixed surface Pikes Peak surface course. 90% of runs would be down the mountain by the halfway point.

It comes down to Kaz having multiple ideas and not focusing on the details of those ideas.

GT Sport. That was his main idea for this game(and look, after GTS debuts, Assetto Corsa Competizione is doing it). Yes, probably the pressures of players/customers/buyers of this game complained about lack of content. However, looking back, the game was indeed focused on GT3/GT4(touring car, Super Taikyu, etc) type racing.

Then again, if GT League was already in the plans, along with all the current content and future content to come, Kaz lost that initial focus of GT Sport.

We can go into the whole GT Sport=GT7 thing, but GT Sport is almost like an International Race of Champions(IROC) game, when viewed from Sport Mode.

I think its because Gran Turismo has always put out 'feelers' for alternatives to what their bread and butter gameplay is.

Remeber the Moon races? PD have always dabbled into other things that arent mainstream and we accept it because its their MO. The opposite is if they focus on their strengths and then it becomes "not Gran Turismo".

A few people have already made the argument in that GT Sport should focus on GT3 only and I do get it.... Group 3 really seems to be their strength this time round. People clamour for more GT3.

I think its because Gran Turismo has always put out 'feelers' for alternatives to what their bread and butter gameplay is.

Remeber the Moon races? PD have always dabbled into other things that arent mainstream and we accept it because its their MO. The opposite is if they focus on their strengths and then it becomes "not Gran Turismo".

A few people have already made the argument in that GT Sport should focus on GT3 only and I do get it.... Group 3 really seems to be their strength this time round. People clamour for more GT3.

It irks me when people use the size and parity of Group 3 as justification to keep adding cars to it.

If PD added cars to other categories and balanced them properly, those other categories would be just as strong, and people would want to race them. But the reason they aren't is that PD just throws new cars in Group N or Group X and doesn't balance them, so for Group N no-one bothers, because it's largely a one horse race for each class. Group X is just a complete waste of resources. Shuffle Racing was a staple in GT5 online, and that didn't have a single racing car in it. So there's clearly evidence that if there's a variety of cars at parity, people will race it, GT3 or not.

The variety aspect in this instance is different from rally, because for N-classes, PD just has to balance them properly, or sub-divide them properly. It's a completely solveable issue, whereas rally they just fundamentally don't understand it.

GT3 class in GT is strong because the other categories are weak, which is why they should improve the other categories, and not pump more cars into Group 3.

Last edited:
I agree. In the the parenthesis, I pointed out those other categories because PD haven't focused on GT4. It's the same rules as GT3, but with less horsepower and less aero.

For PD wanting to use the sibling cars for Manu Cups, they should have kept all cars RWD. Even the FF GR.4 cars. There's an MR Golf VGT for goodness sake.

For rally, I think Rally cross style heats of four-six cars, would have been fine.

I do get the take people like GT3 because every other class is a clown show. Yeah I can get behind that.

GT3 is well balanced because they are all RWD and the BoP is pretty decent. There doesnt seem to be any true rabbit car. When they add new cars they tend to be not 100% competitive (yes???)...

GT4 to me is too slow and I dont enjoy it and besides that silly Megane V6 being misplaced it is what it is. I do get the Gr.N vibe.

Gr.B is lol. Forget about it.

GT1 is a mess. A true Jeb Bush mess. A waste. Low energy. Four distinct classes rolled into one.

Gr.X is a dumping ground. They should have a Gr.V which has all the vintage Le Mans machines.

N class the less said the better. We prefer PP so to speak? Do we?

Back