Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I think PD have disabled the H Pattern from Sport Mode. Went to use it in the qualifying for race C (Using the Nissan R92CP) and when I went to use it, no response. Could use the paddles but not the H-Pattern. Go to Arcade mode time Trail and it worked.
Had been disabled a long time now. There was an exploit with it that made it a lot faster than anything else.

I think PD have disabled the H Pattern from Sport Mode. Went to use it in the qualifying for race C (Using the Nissan R92CP) and when I went to use it, no response. Could use the paddles but not the H-Pattern. Go to Arcade mode time Trail and it worked.
That was disabled in Ver.1.37, on 2019/4/4.

The most annoying thing about the LH Time Trials is the car selection.

Nobody really drives the Merc, and the Sauber C9 is just unruly. Even more annoying is the fact that the car is wider than the camera.

The most annoying thing about the LH Time Trials is the car selection.

Nobody really drives the Merc, and the Sauber C9 is just unruly. Even more annoying is the fact that the car is wider than the camera.
The mercedes is a good all-rounder in gr 3 but the LH challenge run with a different physics so the car is a understeering boat.

Time to stir the pot with hopefully some good conversations.

I know this is going to be a stupid concept but why isn't the point system like a lot of the pack racing series out there? Recent comments throughout the forums has me believing the point system is severely over generous for higher rated drivers (my personal opinion).

The system could offer so many points per position, fastest laps +X points, and clean race +X points. What is different than the current system . . . points would not based on DR rating but equal across the board. A first place finish in an A+ lobby AND a D lobby would get say 50 points (example only) filtered down to 1 point for a 20th place finish (again example only). Why is a 1st place finish in an A+ lobby be different than one in a D lobby? Is this a stupid concept?

Enjoy your racing!

Time to stir the pot with hopefully some good conversations.

I know this is going to be a stupid concept but why isn't the point system like a lot of the pack racing series out there? Recent comments throughout the forums has me believing the point system is severely over generous for higher rated drivers (my personal opinion).

The system could offer so many points per position, fastest laps +X points, and clean race +X points. What is different than the current system . . . points would not based on DR rating but equal across the board. A first place finish in an A+ lobby AND a D lobby would get say 50 points (example only) filtered down to 1 point for a 20th place finish (again example only). Why is a 1st place finish in an A+ lobby be different than one in a D lobby? Is this a stupid concept?

Enjoy your racing!
I'd be very much opposed to that personally, and I tend to hover around the 30-35k DR range. I think it would make the entire matchmaking system worthless and undermine the long-term progression that many people have put in to slowly improving their season rankings over time. Why bother having a hard-fought race in an A+ lobby when you can tank your rating in dailies, skip all the effort and absolutely annihilate a D lobby for the same reward?

Using yesterday's race as an example, the winner in my ~35k lobby finished the race in 27:46 and he/she had clean air the whole way. In one of the top-split races yesterday, the winner finished in 27:14. 27:46 would have barely made P19 in the top-split race.

I've seen plenty of high B/low A FIA races where the winner was practically determined outright before qualifying even began because someone from A+/high A decided to sign up whilst recovering from a DR reset. Unless someone takes them out in sector 1 they're practically unstoppable and they just steal the opportunity for a win from everyone else since they don't belong at that skill level. That would become so much more common across all the D-A lobbies if there's no downside to joining races with people who can't compete with you.

Last edited:
I'd be very much opposed to that personally, and I tend to hover around the 30-35k DR range. I think it would make the entire matchmaking system worthless and undermine the long-term progression that many people have put in to slowly improving their season rankings over time. Why bother having a hard-fought race in an A+ lobby when you can tank your rating in dailies, skip all the effort and absolutely annihilate a D lobby for the same reward?

Using yesterday's race as an example, the winner in my ~35k lobby finished the race in 27:46 and he/she had clean air the whole way. In one of the top-split races yesterday, the winner finished in 27:14. 27:46 would have barely made P19 in the top-split race.

I've seen plenty of high B/low A FIA races where the winner was practically determined outright before qualifying even began because someone from A+/high A decided to sign up whilst recovering from a DR reset. Unless someone takes them out in sector 1 they're practically unstoppable and they just steal the opportunity for a win from everyone else since they don't belong at that skill level. That would become so much more common across all the D-A lobbies if there's no downside to joining races with people who can't compete with you.

I see (and understand) your valid point. I am not sure the "farming" of wins doesn't already happen more frequently than we expect but I guess "farming" under the current system is really stupid. I was thinking as a low D driver (which I now realize might have formed a bias on my part) racing against people who frequently qualify 4-5 seconds better than me in these online races has me believing there must be a better point system out there.

For the record, the current system has always been acceptable to me and I have always been very proud of my mid-pack finishes which EARNED 2-3 points per race. I was just thinking "outside the box" here and wondering if things could be better (for the lower drivers).

Please before the trolls start up about improving and advancing into the higher lobbies - it is easier to talk about/recommend in a forum and harder for some of us than you might think. Improvement is coming but it has been very slow.

Thanks to @Zorz for your comments. Enjoy your racing!

Last edited:
A first place finish in an A+ lobby AND a D lobby would get say 50 points

The only way that would be even close to fair would be for everyone to race together no DR considerations. I'm happy playing for 50-100 points against people basically the same level as me, I don't want to play for 400 points in races where getting lapped is highly likely.

So the cover of the official twitter account show a Marlboro logo? Mistakes happen...
https://mobile.twitter.com/thegranturismo
header_photo

thegranturismo

Last edited:
What do you mean?

It's a PSN Community, set up using the Communities feature which Sony is now ending support for on PS4 (as announced over the weekend). It's not part of GT Sport in any way.

I signed up early on and after a while it was a lot of spam and weird unrelated posts...I've had it muted for years now. Actually most of the ps4 communities I joined end up getting spammed :guilty:

Not sure if anyone is interested in any of this but I read this article, pretty optimistic about the future of esports. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56334015

Then went down a rabbit hole and ended up reading a pretty interesting opinion piece, basically says " Esports – An Ideal Match for Cryptocurrencies".

I think it kind of makes sense, e-sports needs prizes and cryptocurrency needs legitimacy. I found it interesting.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/how...-mass-adoption-of-cryptocurrencies-2021-03-15

Last edited:
Since the last game update, it seems PD have patched the stickers to be removed after Free Practice and FIA racing. If you have not changed your manufacturer after the last season, your stickers remain.

Since the last game update, it seems PD have patched the stickers to be removed after Free Practice and FIA racing. If you have not changed your manufacturer after the last season, your stickers remain.
Well, this happened after my FIA race.... *scratches head*
EwrR90lVIAMql9Y

Had a look at the original GT Sport 162 car list. It's not bad. If it remained as such, the additional circuits may have sustained the game.

Really amazing to see less than a handful of Ferraris and Lamborghinis. The one type of car for Gr.N, GR.B, GR.4, GR.3.

The probably only essential brands any players would need are:
Audi, Porsche and Toyota.

Back