Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
ah its SUper GT lol

ive been where he is.... sort of... remember the GT Sport Ring Enduros?

I got a bit tired and it says a lot about how well you know the Ring when you being to fall asleep and YET YOU STILL KEEP THE CAR ON THE ROAD... ON THE 'RING!

That's too much isnt it?

It means you're in the religion of Broadbent and Steve Super GT when you can run the Ring in your subconscious.

Prior to GT Sport I couldnt even run the Ring wide awake.

Can anyone help me or direct me to the right place, is there a list of pit delta's for tracks and how long it takes to change tyres

Can anyone help me or direct me to the right place, is there a list of pit delta's for tracks and how long it takes to change tyres
Don't know, but it's easy to get a rough idea. Set up a custom race in arcade. Just 1 AI and put tyre wear on, 3 laps. Follow guy round, then pit and see how far you have dropped. Don't think a list would work, because different classes would be different as you would still be in pit for say 20 secs, but GR4 might take 3 secs longer than GR2 to do the pass.

I got a PS5 on the way just to get back into gran turismo.... now I see there is not even a basic FoV setting... is there a workaround or is this game a toy compared to even a title like F1 2020?

Because fictional cars in Gr.3 and Gr.1 (and to lesser extent Gr.4) is a huge back and forth discourse, relevant watching:
Never understood this garbage. Most of the cars I've driven in real life handle nothing like they do in any game so what does it matter about "fake" cars. They are all fake really. As long as they get the competitive bit right I'm happy and although BOP will always have some issues I feel it's not too bad apart from GR4 FF.

People want to 'live the dream' though.

The race classes generally are quite ok... exceptions are like the dumpster fire that is Group 1.

And the VGT based GT3 cars. If you're trying to have a realistic depiction of the GT4/3 and 1 classes then I can see why people dont like the outlandish stuff.

It's the lack of options. If PD had an option to click on like "Remove VGT" or "Real Race cars only" or select cars for AI, players could play the game as they wish.

It'd help if PD add more real class cars.
To make a "real" modern GT class in GT Sport:

Vantage GT3 '12
R8 LMS '16
M6 GT3 '16*
M6 GT3 Endurance '16
Viper GT3-R '15
458 GT3 '13
Hurucan GT3 '15
RC F GT3 '17
650S GT3 '15
AMG GT3 '16*
GT-R GT3 '13
R.S.01 GT3 '16

Add fake GR.3 NSX, due to a real NSX GT3 in existence.
Add fake GR.3 C7, due to a real Callaway C7 GT3 had been built.

*Z4 & SLS are replaced with new spec cars.

So, 11-13 GT3 cars are in similar number to what GT3 cars are available. Missing Bentley and Porsche GT3 models. However, if we went by current Blancpain GT3 models, the GT-R doesn't run in that series.
Again, a filter would solve the real/fake dilemma.

So 44.6GB isn't enough space for an update, yes I know it's Sony's fault not PDs, but it's still annoying. I had to delete 30 more GB it's just stupid.
Is the PS5 the same?

Last edited:
So 44.6GB isn't enough space for an update, yes I know it's Sony's fault not PDs, but it's still annoying. I had to delete 30 more GB it's just stupid.
Is the PS5 the same?

I had 90GB free on my drive. The download said it wants just over 2GB, but said I didn't have enough free space. :confused:
Deleted a few very old games to clear enough space. Taking ages to install though.

Why have they added about 15 seconds to the pit stop time in the latest update?

In races with mandatory tyre compounds it was basically always fastest to do as many stints on the softer compound and a single lap on the harder compound(s). There was a particular "live" event where this looked especially ridiculous.

The change is to address this. Whether or not they've got the balance right remains to be seen. Certainly longer stints on harder compounds will be much more viable now.

Quick question, couldn't seem to find it in search, can you use the time trial mode for practicing for league races in lobbies? or are the setting and grip levels totally different?

Quick question, couldn't seem to find it in search, can you use the time trial mode for practicing for league races in lobbies? or are the setting and grip levels totally different?
The grip is different in time trial mode
However you can use Custom Race and set 'Off Track Grip Reduction' to Real and the grip will be the same (or at least it should be in theory)

The grip is different in time trial mode
However you can use Custom Race and set 'Off Track Grip Reduction' to Real and the grip will be the same (or at least it should be in theory)
He said time trial mode in lobbies. As far as I know, there's no difference between the various lobby modes when it comes to grip.

Whenever I show someone who doesn't play on PS a video of a race, the first thing they comment on is PSN names. Basically with the attitude, Oh that's a dumb name. Then I have to explain to them how difficult it is to get a name on PSN.....

Can't Sony/PD do something about PSN usernames that can better reflect a more serious type of gamer?

Whenever I show someone who doesn't play on PS a video of a race, the first thing they comment on is PSN names. Basically with the attitude, Oh that's a dumb name. Then I have to explain to them how difficult it is to get a name on PSN.....

Can't Sony/PD do something about PSN usernames that can better reflect a more serious type of gamer?
Do these people play on different platforms? Because this sounds like a non-gamer complaint rather than a non-PlayStation one.

Do these people play on different platforms? Because this sounds like a non-gamer complaint rather than a non-PlayStation one.
Yeah. View from non gamers overall.

I've got nothing against any names. It's just my feeling that the majority of people probably would chose another name if better options were available.

PSN started back in 2006. Latest estimate is 114 million users. I think Sony could could come up with a better system more reflective of modern gaming instead one based on a 15 year old database.

I think PD have disabled the H Pattern from Sport Mode. Went to use it in the qualifying for race C (Using the Nissan R92CP) and when I went to use it, no response. Could use the paddles but not the H-Pattern. Go to Arcade mode time Trail and it worked.

Back