Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Formidable, Oct 27, 2015.

1. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Have you adjusted your position in cockpit? The seating is race car seating, low and forward.
    When driving hit options then go to adjust cockpit view and move it up and back some. Now you can look to the sides and see your mirrors and it's easier to know where your opponent are.

JEverettL and Timm Sheehan like this.
  2. 05XR8

05XR8

Short version is, do lots of racing to judge distance of surrounding cars.

I run cockpit view 99% of the time in GT League and 50% in FIA. Depending on circuit, I'm quicker in cockpit mode. Even though I can see more of the environment in bonnet cam, in cockpit view, I feel I can place the car with a better trajectory.

Other than the adjustments to Field of view in the settings before a race, some cockpit views vary car to car.
    I use both track map(top right) and the position map setting at the bottom right in the Multifunction display(MFD). The MFD will give me a better judgement of how close a car is, to how the radar just has a car appear. The Lamborghini have good instrument information. So, monitoring laps, fuel and position can be looked at through the steering wheel. Unless you really need to see fuel laps left/% in the MFD and/or you make brake balance and TCS adjustments constantly, the MFD map can be left on.

As I said at the start, only more practice in cockpit, will help your sense of judging the cars around you.

dlshearon, JEverettL and Timm Sheehan like this.
  3. Timm Sheehan

Timm Sheehan

Yep, adjusted position so I can see front end better ( which I need for cornering better) but lap counter covers rear view mirror in most cars, side mirror on left side is covered by race participants, and usually don't see the right side. Radar is usually on far right so get to looking that way a lot.

I know practice is one answer but was wondering if there was a trick I might be missing.

I see this too!!

Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    dlshearon, JEverettL and 05XR8 like this.
  4. JEverettL

JEverettL Premium

Hey Timm, I ran exclusively in cockpit view in both FIA and dailies until this past exhibition season. One lil trick I found -when turning right in LHD cars, or left in RHD cars) especially in GR3 cars was identify something in the cockpit that could be used as the midpoint of the car. Usually it’s the base of the windshield wiper, or on the GR3 Supra it’s one of the windshield retainer bars. If you can aim that approximate midpoint towards the apex and stay close to it, it can really help keep you from running too wide.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  5. Timm Sheehan

Timm Sheehan

Thank you Sir, I have been trying that for the last 30 minutes and that helps out a lot.

dlshearon, barak181 and JEverettL like this.
  6. O604

O604

Someone asked in the Daily thread and also I know some are having connection issues in Lobbies. I found some information on NAT types that may help.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/manual/#!/lobby/content07

https://support.thebehemoth.com/hc/...9-What-is-NAT-and-why-should-I-care-about-it-

dlshearon and Timm Sheehan like this.
  7. Famine

Famine Administrator

dlshearon and O604 like this.
  8. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Fine for those who can change their Nat type. I have a choice, a dodgy connection on 2 or a decent connection on 3. Saying that you can get into rooms with 3, but I get a warning so may be not all rooms are available.

9. Famine

Famine Administrator

With a static IP address for your console, and your device in the DMZ, you should be automatically NAT Type 2 (because that's literally defined by having the port permanently open for external traffic, which is what happens in the DMZ).

10. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Right I didn't know about DMZ, but after some fiddling I managed to set my PS4 to a static IP and then set the DMZ to the same address and I'm still on NAT 3. Resetting the PS4 now to see if that fixes it, but not hopeful. Drum roll.......and no still 3. No idea if I did something wrong or if it's this connection. It's a 4G router and a quick google tells me there is nothing I can do. it's not a huge problem anyway as it rarely affects me, but if you know a fix my son would love you forever. Funny how he can use the 4g on his phone, but not the one in the house and both are BT.

11. 05XR8

05XR8

This happened to me as well. I'm stuck on NAT 3. Somehow, my file got deleted. I deleted other games on my PS4 as well. Reset my PS4, installed my games and noticed I couldn't see nor enter the TPC Super GT room. Couldn't even see anyone hosting a room from my friends list.

Attempted some of the help sites to change to NAT 2 and nothing changes. Called my provider to see if they could help. No help from them. Since March 2018(when I bought the game)- December 2020, I didn't have a problem.

12. csmirnoff

csmirnoff

Check your public IPv4 address (inside your router settings or just go to https://www.whatismyip.com). To save money, many Internet providers will actually assign you an IP address which is inside a private range, that will never be NAT 2, or you might only have a public IPv6 address. I had that issue myself and had to convince my provider that I needed a public IPv4 to install a security camera in my house and access it from the Internet. :p

Norrin Radd likes this.
  13. 05XR8

05XR8

The crazy thing is, right when the New Year turned over, I got the problem.

csmirnoff likes this.
  14. O604

O604

When I started playing online I was on the lowest plan offered by my provider. After a few months I upgraded. No problems since. Even wireless.

To me it felt like the lowest plan was intentionally throttled to slow gaming down just enough to make me upgrade.

I'm no internet expert. And have no evidence to support any of this. It just felt like it.

15. kirethk

kirethk

Video of a fun league I'm racing in, top quality battling with no complaints about the penalty system in sight!

Sojiira, AlexWilmot and Timm Sheehan like this.
  16. 05XR8

05XR8

What the heck?! My connection just magically changed to NAT 2! I can now see Adam Barber's room.

Last night, my streaming services(Disney+, Prime, Netflix, Stan.) were skipping from about 10pm to 1am. My tv is hardwired to the router. Gaming was fine, but I wasn't getting sound from the tv(New Sony- bought in August) and the streaming was off. YouTube was okay on my laptop, but not on the tv. Disney+ was stuck on my laptop.

I just finished the GT League Endurance race at DTG. Go to the main menu and there it is, Lobby displayed at the top. I don't know what happened.

csmirnoff and dlshearon like this.
  17. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Likely your ISP renewed your IP

dlshearon and 05XR8 like this.
  18. 05XR8

05XR8

Got an email from my provider saying they closed my case/complaint.:tup: To add, my tv did a self reset. Seriously.

csmirnoff and dlshearon like this.
  19. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

I went thru an entire FIA season stuck on NAT Type 3.... weird because I could do FIA but when I would try and practice in lobbies I'd get NAT Type 3 error and usually stuck not being able to play.

I use my cell phone for hot spot and I never had any issues before then all of a sudden I did. I'd call my provider and reset my network and that'd quick fix the issue for about a day but it would always revert back to type 3.

Eventually I solved the issue going into my phones settings/connections/mobile networks/network mode

Play around with the CDMA, LTE/CDMA, GSM/UMTS

I would switch back and forth, reset my phone and the issue eventually stopped and I haven't had that problem since.

Edit: there's a # you can dial and it'll reset your network but the issue will come back. Customer Service got tired of dealing with me I guess so they just gave me the # LOL. ##72786# for Sprint users.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  20. Stephan

Stephan Premium

So this must be the cut Nissan GTR Pure Edition '15.

[​IMG]

I do remember it in a publicity thread or something here in this sub forum but nice to find a better version of it via a guy of mine.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    sirjim73, tttao, tankuroded and 2 others like this.
  21. tankuroded

tankuroded

With Mission Challenge done, I've figured out I make a list of history of dry road tire types in the series:
    upload_2021-1-26_4-4-5.png

Notes:
    • GT1: Mismatching tires (like RH front/RS rear) must be bought as a separate parts; game uses the term "semi-racing" for what's effectively sports tires in later games
    • GT2: Normal tires on race cars are actually equivalent to Racing Medium
    • GT3: The term "slick" is used for hard tires instead of "hard"; racing tires are abbreviated as T2-T8 (no T1?)
    • GT5P, GTPSP: Abbreviations are C1-R3 instead of CH-RS
    • GT5: There are unused RSS compound and C/V versions of racing tires; not listed there due to non-usage

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    charmcharmchu, 05XR8 and KayX23 like this.
  22. PettyWingman

PettyWingman

Mustang Gr.3 Road Car painted in Guard is now available in the Mileage Store for the first time.
    If you want it, don't just miss it.

That was here :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    sirjim73 and Jordan like this.
  23. Groundfish

Groundfish

Ok first I think you need a good big screen. Many cars have 2 working mirrors from interior view, much better IMO than other views, but if the screen size is small then you can’t see. I’d say 55 and up. Then wheelbase should be close.
    Once you got that covered, hop in a car like say the gr4 Megane, or gr4 GTR or gr3 vette.
    Stop the car near a wall or something. Change views. Toggle through available views.You gain imo nothing from going bumper or bonnet EXCEPT that all cars appear the same and you don’t need to worry about LH drive vs RH.
    If you got to options “advanced options” you can move forward and back in cockpit and up and down a bit too for fine tuning. I generally like back all the way.
    Anyways if you sit there and toggle through available views the first thing you notice is peripheral wise cockpit sees MORE not less. Just viewing angle wise if you move seat back you see a TINY bit more to the sides. It’s almost nothing, not enough imo to really matter but it’s there...
    Anyways improving situational awareness...Anytime you exit onto a straight of any length you should mirror check to see whether you are under a threat.
    Towards ends of straights into braking same thing. BEFORE the cones you need to know if a guys there and if he’s close enough to try a lunge to inside.
    So entering straight-check. Approaching braking-check.
    The only thing imo you need to decide is to take the racing line or defend the inside.
    NOW if in battle, if you have doubts about if he has your inside, if there’s any doubt about corner rights you leave a cars width.
    So it’s simple- your decision is only whether to leave a cars width or not at any given point.
    It’s the same in any view.
    You should know well before any cornering where the cars around you are. If you lose track you gotta leave room.
    Further once you have rights to a corner or section of technical turns you focus on your racing line.
    Don’t drive the mirrors, if the screens large your peripheral vision will pickup movement in them. Some side mirrors become useful in turns where just sitting still you wonder what they are lookin at.
    As always you have radar on as well.
    Race starts etc can be hectic. Best to fill in gaps and go for inside. If you’re stuck outside you might get shafted all you can do is leave space.
    The big thing is keeping things simple-think do I take racing line or am I compromised.
    That’s really the only decision you need.

On overtaking, my advice would be ONLY overtake when you’ve CLEARLY earned the space, such as getting nose to nose by the two cone braking point.
    If you are not 100 percent certain you have the move, do not overtake, stay behind in the racing line and try for the best exit and pressure on the straight, and try to get alongside on inside before braking.
    Stay with this and as you gain experience you can begin to explore the grey area where you are maybe 75 percent certain you can overtake and so on...
    When overtaking it’s important you want to lose as little time as possible and stay on the racing line as much as possible.
    It’s not going to do you much good to dive in slam brakes for a stupid block pass with a compromised exit because you’re making yourself vulnerable.
    Most players have no idea what to do if you patiently wait for a good opening, all the while getting good exits so on the straights you make them think.
    Once you get more and more advanced you can be more aggressive but imotjats like once you are maybe mid high A on dr.
    Before that level 90-95 percent don’t know how to do things right, on NA.

Lastly since your only decision is leave room or take racing line BE DECISIVE.
    If you make a mistake and take someone out WAIT FOR A STRAIGHT to lift and give the spot back.
    Don’t do like some scaredy cats and lift right on exit after hitting someone NO YOURE RIGHT IN EVERYONES WAY AND RUINING THEIR RACE TOO!
    Get to safety then wait.
    Always be decisive. You decide and drive not hesitate and lift and be unsure...
    You need to decide and drive.
    If you make the mistake you apologize...
    That’s it. I hate it when two clean driving indecisive nerds are racing in front of me who are too scared to touch, because that’s horribly slow, the racing lines where you wanna be.
    Side by side is slow. It’s faster to tuck in.
    Anyways good luck hope these ideas help

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  24. sirjim73

sirjim73

Crikey! When you get a notification that you've been quoted, only to see @PettyWingman found a message you posted 3.5 years ago after the Orange Box event. Well remembered! :D

And yes it's definitely my photo, you can tell by the terrible framing as we were led toward the door :lol:

25. PettyWingman

PettyWingman

Once I was also looking for an evidence that a bit old GT-R (later figured out that it was the GT-R Pure edition '15) was planned to be added in GTS, and I found it there.
    I hope we can see it in GT7.

sirjim73 likes this.
  26. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

27. tankuroded

tankuroded

barak181 and AgentBlackDog like this.
  28. 05XR8

05XR8

Maybe a fix for all the ghosting penalties we keep getting.

Norrin Radd and dlshearon like this.
  29. StoffelWaffle

StoffelWaffle

Absolute chad :

All for a good cause but that's too much lmao.

dlshearon likes this.
  30. 05XR8

05XR8

Quit my last race. Got bored.