Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
As for the "kicked" message, I don't know. Don't recall that wording being used.
The kicked message does in fact say there word "kicked " as I have been kicked out only 4 times mainly for not changing my car fast enough.
Thank you for the answer.

Last edited:
I just calculated that in order to get the platinum for GT Sport I need to do 3.62 rounds of BMB per day or 2.42 clean races. If my PS5 wouldn't crash all the time I could easily do the AFK money/exp method, but when I do that my PS5 crashes every time after a few hours. So I need to let my PS5 get fixed within the warranty, but first that platinum! Don't want the risk of sending it in for repair, than because of complications I need to wait exceptionally long and GT7 releases with a message that GT Sport went offline and I cannot progress in it anymore... So I'm getting that platinum before I use my warranty for the console.

Ah well, 4 rounds of BMB or 3 with clean races doesn't take to long, should be manageable.

Edit: Miscalculation fixed

Last edited:
I just calculated that in order to get the platinum for GT Sport I need to do 3.62 rounds of BMB per day or 2.42 clean races. If my PS5 wouldn't crash all the time I could easily do the AFK money/exp method, but when I do that my PS5 crashes every time after a few hours. So I need to let my PS5 get fixed within the warranty, but first that platinum! Don't want the risk of sending it in for repair, than because of complications I need to wait exceptionally long and GT7 releases with a message that GT Sport went offline and I cannot progress in it anymore... So I'm getting that platinum before I use my warranty for the console.

Ah well, 4 rounds of BMB or 3 with clean races doesn't take to long, should be manageable.

Edit: Miscalculation fixed
I had the same problem when I first got my ps5. Go into your settings and check to see if HDMI device link is on. If it is turn it off. I have no idea how it affects anything, but once I did that I havent had a crash since.

I don't know how to select only the few pieces of music in the big list that I want to hear. There are some annoying heavy metal music tracks that I do not want to listen to while racing. How can I pick and choose the tracks of music I want?

Thank you

I don't know how to select only the few pieces of music in the big list that I want to hear. There are some annoying heavy metal music tracks that I do not want to listen to while racing. How can I pick and choose the tracks of music I want?

Thank you
No such function is in GTS, unlike the previous titles.

Why do cars always re-spawn stopped?

In a lobby for fun or practice, when you accdentally bump someone off. It would so much better for the flow of the race for cars to respawn on track in front of the car responsible for the accident where they would have been had the accident not occured.

It would be a nice option to have in addtion to the ghost/no ghost options now. Like an active ghost. :)

It is time to talk about the elephant in the room.

There is no Sambabus in GT7.

The prospect of going from a game with a Sambabus to a game without a Sambabus weighs heavily upon me from time to time.

But such is the way of things.
Don't sweat it, here it is

1644970040973.png

There's still time for a dynamic weather trailer.

It is time to talk about the elephant in the room.

There is no Sambabus in GT7.

The prospect of going from a game with a Sambabus to a game without a Sambabus weighs heavily upon me from time to time.

But such is the way of things.
Actually one of my favorite things about gt sport was how creative a lot of people were with the sambabus, the ninja turtles van stands out the most in my memory

GTS is in an upcoming Japanese Drift movie.

A fictional movie by Mugen Films, Alive Hoon is about the very-real D1GP series, Japan's highest-level drifting competition, and Japanese Nostalgic Car reports that it's the only movie ever made centered on the pro-drifting scene of Japan. The plot centers on an e-sports gamer played by Shuihei Nomura, shown competing in Gran Turismo Sport, who makes the leap to professional drifting

Any ideas of what's gonna happen to Sport after GT7 is released and they decide to shutdown the servers?
Maybe a patch so it can be played off line or will it simply die?

Any ideas of what's gonna happen to Sport after GT7 is released and they decide to shutdown the servers?
That would logically make sense, but we won't know until they say when they're shutting them down unfortunately.

Just expect Sport to simply die. There’s like one or two cars that didn’t get carried over to 7, all the tracks are there, your liveries are carried over as well. It’s the same game but way more, so I bet PD just expects everyone will get on GT7 and not continue to play GT Sport since it’s an inferior product. So don’t expect any sort of offline mode patched into Sport since there isn’t really a reason to play this game anymore even in offline since GT7 exists

Last edited:
Just expect Sport to simply die. There’s like one or two cars that didn’t get carried over to 7, all the tracks are there, your liveries are carried over as well. It’s the same game but way more, so I bet PD just expects everyone will get on GT7 and not continue to play GT Sport since it’s an inferior product. So don’t expect any sort of offline mode patched into Sport since there isn’t really a reason to play this game anymore even in offline since GT7 exists
I will be in the daily races as much as I can with everyone on GT7 I will have better chance of getting victories

I will be in the daily races as much as I can with everyone on GT7 I will have better chance of getting victories
If a high percentage of players move to GT7, I will still jump back into Sport if they have any daily races worth my time. I'll be transitioning to 7, but I'm not going to write off Sport just yet.

If a high percentage of players move to GT7, I will still jump back into Sport if they have any daily races worth my time. I'll be transitioning to 7, but I'm not going to write off Sport just yet.
Are online weekly races continuing on GTS after they start on GT7?

I’d assumed all online racing would be switching to the new game and Sport would just be limited to the single-player league races from this weekend on. Wld be good to keep racing on Sport for a bit if poss.

Is there anyway of leaving the change view option as a list? It keeps on resetting to boxes when you go back into garage. So much better this way and faster to scroll through cars with more detail then boxes...

Is there anyway of leaving the change view option as a list? It keeps on resetting to boxes when you go back into garage. So much better this way and faster to scroll through cars with more detail then boxes...
Unfortunately, no.

Have the online servers officially ended? Cause it says that the network has failed. Or maybe it's an error in the console/system. Idk.

Does anyone know if the gt sport app for I phone works still? I re downloaded app and I sign into my psn account and nothing happens, it used to work but that was ages ago before gt7 I think. Does it work for anyone else? Thanks for reading if you do

Back