Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Damn... this stuff is intense.
I've been doing some online racing today. The daily one, on fuiji. Going for the 993.

I am really inconsistent. But I do seem to be able to... do some pretty quick laps. If I don't spin out and lose a couple of seconds again. I'm like all over the place.

And my qualifying improvements today were... most of them with really huge improvements. First my just regular first time, maybe a 1.55 (if anyone knows the current kind of times atm). Then I improved with one second, which is good. So I was quite proud. 54 didn't seem bad. Then... though... I improved with 0,5s at one point. Then another maybe 0,4 one. Which are pretty big jumps IMO. Then I was getting proud like that's some real good progress actually. Posted here, with what I can now confirm was a 1.53:017. But I though that was a really good one and I probably didn't even have a shot at improving that one to maybe under the 53.
Lol.
And then I made a jump of another like freakin 0,7s or 0,8... lol. Seriously. I don't know how I pulled off that one, but I've got a 1.52:238 I believe it is now.
And I can't get anywhere near! Even though I am now getting at some low 53's atm. Just before I called it a day today (I shouldn't be having that much adrenaline going right before I go to sleep lol).

But this is soo...
You need to get consistent obviously, but right now I'm still all over the place.
But it does feel promising.

Luckily I have the replay of that time I raced. The low 52 one. And I haven't even...
I'm doing it on intuition. I have my own... sort of idea of brake points by now. But not very accurate.
But I have for example no clue yet what the actual fastest lines are... throughout this circuit. Haven't watched the "best" replays yet (I think you can view them, right?).
I wonder what you think lol.

And yeah... maybe the most important thing... I've been able to get to S sportsmanship already. Even though I started out with some really... frustrating penalties.
And doing C now in driver rating.

I know it's going to settle down.
But I think I have more potential than I would have expected. Especially not having watched the ideal lines yet lol.
I feel like I'm more in of a brawl than anything else lol.
Like a freaking fist-fight hehe.
I've been playing RDR2 right before these races started. Maybe that's why.

Oh well =D

And preordered GT7 now as well. Anniversary edition. Cause I think I can't really afford a PS5 yet... comfortably at least. So yeah. But I don't want to end up stuck at "just" the PS4 one either.
Seeing the PS5 game itsself is going to be 80,-. And the PS4 addition is only another 20 all in all... yeah this will definitely be the best deal.

Alright. My posts aren't all going to be this long lol.
But it's like my first day man..
And I had almost given up on GT entirely.

Edit:
Okay lol it's not. I mistook the times one digit I think, it's a 1.52:380. So the 238 sequence is one digit "slower" lol. Not a 1.52:238.
Oh well.

Last edited:
I have made a small discovery for myself, when starting out I was using all of the driver aids, blue markers, cones, diving line, and I believed I was doing my best times in time trials and qualifying. Recently I had noticed in many of the tracks the blue markers address the true apex points of the curves and the driver line does not, so I started doing my laps without the cones and the line and by "connecting the dots" with blue markers I find myself hitting all the proper apex points smoothly and seriously cutting 2-3 seconds off my best times.
Hoping this tidbit of info can help someone else do their best.

I have made a small discovery for myself, when starting out I was using all of the driver aids, blue markers, cones, diving line, and I believed I was doing my best times in time trials and qualifying. Recently I had noticed in many of the tracks the blue markers address the true apex points of the curves and the driver line does not
Yes, I've noticed that too. More importantly for me is that I started out with auto trans, TC at 3, and using SRF. The Professional events in career mode were so difficult (like the F1500 T-A) that I gave up on many of them. Even Gr.3 was difficult. Transitioning to manual trans let me run TC at 0 or 1, and after I stopped using SRF I've found that all the events are easier and I love the open wheel cars.

The FT1500 T-A with TC 3 and auto trans at the Suzuka hairpin was awful. By the time I got moving, the AI had pulled way out in front, and then when I got to higher RPM it would spin the tires.

Going from auto to manual helped me quite a bit. My lap times have gone down; my braking zones are now shorter; and my corner exit speeds are higher. I haven’t fully given up my TCS, but I’m down to 1 (except for AWD cars; I do those at 0, now).

I feel like I could be considerably faster with a wheel and pedals; but financially I can’t justify it, atm (maybe by the time GT7 comes out).

I feel like I could be considerably faster with a wheel and pedals; but financially I can’t justify it, atm (maybe by the time GT7 comes out).
I've got in the neighborhood of $400 in my setup. Just a stand & the wheel/pedal set. I use the couch as a seat. :lol: The biggest issue otherwise might be where to store it when it's not in use. My stand will fold to make it easier, but I had some spare room. If doing it now, I might spend just over $500, because that new Thrustmaster T248 looks good & has an extra bell or whistle over my current set.

Has the SR damage changed again? In the 2 races I have done today (FIA and Race C) some of my competitors have suffered massive drops and I didn't notice too much obvious dirty driving going on.

A minus 40 drop for some in one race and minus 52 in another. Pretty much an even spread of minus and positive SR. Average about 18 each way in both races.

Has the SR damage changed again? In the 2 races I have done today (FIA and Race C) some of my competitors have suffered massive drops and I didn't notice too much obvious dirty driving going on.

A minus 40 drop for some in one race and minus 52 in another. Pretty much an even spread of minus and positive SR. Average about 18 each way in both races.
I noticed a couple dropping rank once in a while during the Monza carnage last week, perhaps they did adjust something, could have just been brutal races too.

what Christmas music????
Load up the game and you'll hear it. It plays some jazzy instrumental Christmas music on the week of Christmas as soon as you reach the main page. As soon as you navigate to a secondary menu the usual fare starts playing again.

Hopefully Mariah Carey, just to catch a few of you out.
giphy (3).gif

Load up the game and you'll hear it. It plays some jazzy instrumental Christmas music on the week of Christmas as soon as you reach the main page. As soon as you navigate to a secondary menu the usual fare starts playing again.
Will we get a "Christmas car" like the "birthday car"?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all 🥂🥳. A quick question to anyone, I got a thrustmaster T150 Pro for Christmas, been playing GTsport but I’m struggling to counter steer and then when I do catch the slide I over compensate and spin out again, is it just me or is it settings related?

Last edited:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all 🥂🥳. A quick question to anyone, I got a thrustmaster T150 Pro for Christmas, been playing GTsport but I’m struggling to counter steer and then when I do catch the slide I over compensate and spin out again, is it just me or is it settings related?
A video of your driving will tell us what you are doing wrong, but it seem to me your driving into a corner to fast will lead to issues, like lifting too quickly on the throttle in corners when braking. The resulting deceleration causes forward weight transfer off of the rear tires, reducing their grip. Also what @OJBrit said it also could be your settings are sensitive, and what are your in game driving settings ?.

Last edited:
A video of your driving will tell us what you are doing wrong, but it seem to me your driving into a corner to fast will lead to issues, like lifting too quickly on the throttle in corners when braking. The resulting deceleration causes forward weight transfer off of the rear tires, reducing their grip. Also what @OJBrit said it also could be your settings are sensitive, and what are your in game driving settings ?.
Thanks for replying, I only have ABS set to default, everything else is turned off, my FFB and sensitivity are both at 1 although i change it now and again to see what I’m comfortable with. I’ll try and post a video but I’ll take what you’ve said onboard about brake and throttle control.

Thanks for replying, I only have ABS set to default, everything else is turned off, my FFB and sensitivity are both at 1 although i change it now and again to see what I’m comfortable with. I’ll try and post a video but I’ll take what you’ve said onboard about brake and throttle control.
Try having Torque on 3 and sensitivity on 7 and see how it feels, or something similar, or have a look here as a reference.
Try to learn on how to Trail brake as well once you get a good feel of the wheel first, then you can control the car using this method in the corners.

Last edited:
I’ve always considered myself pretty good at games and usually rank pretty high I’ve also done well on other simcade racing games time trial leaderboards, sometimes getting the fastest time for specific cars! But gtsport feels so insanely punishing on controller and also the way it handles wheels dropping briefly into a curb or dirt it’s like instant rear end out and lap over.

Pretty much what I’m getting at is a hate that goddamn merc gt3 car to death and the Hamilton challange is making me depressed.

Pretty much what I’m getting at is a hate that goddamn merc gt3 car to death and the Hamilton challange is making me depressed.
I have been using a wheel for the Hamilton challenges, and the Mercedes-AMG GT3 is pretty good to drive in them events. That Sauber Mercedes C9 at Nürburgring Nordschleife Hamilton challenge is a nightmare for me to drive, and for some reason when it comes to that challenge and I make big time mistakes, and I know I can do well but I just can not.
The Sauber Mercedes C9 is good to drive with a good setup, and I can take it to the Nürburgring Nordschleife and do very well and do some good laps on that track, but when it comes to do that Hamilton challenge at Nürburgring Nordschleife fear hits me.
Really I should not have brought the Lewis Hamilton time trials challenges, and sorry for the long rant mate.

No worries I feel ya. Just wish I had room for a wheel.
A wheel is good mate but there are some good controller users that have all Gold and even getting Diamond times, while I struggle. I think I don't put enough effort in these challenge to do well, but other things I do in the game are very good.

Last edited:
A wheel is good mate but there are some good controller users that have all Gold and even getting Diamond times, while I struggle. I think I don't put enough effort in these challenge to do well, but other things I do in the game are very good.
Yea I know it’s technically doable on controller but just the consistency needed to repeatedly get on the brake and power at just the right time with such little movements and feedback is frustrating.

Hello, I've noticed something of recent and it has been happening frequently to me, I get into a lobby room and maybe run in a race or two or im in the room for a bit of time and I'm not the room owner, just a guest, and sometimes in between races and in a race or two everybody leaves the room in a mass exodus and leaves me alone as room owner. What is going on with this, I've been kicked out intentionally with notification "you've been kicked out " I've been outed because of network too, but this exodus leaving is bugging me, am I the cause of everyone's exit?
Please reply

Getting a little bored (not really, my liveries keep me occupied), so I'm remaking all the old Daily Races in Arcade. Never actually did them myself, but want to get a feel of how it would work. If they return to GT7, I might go for them.

Hello, I've noticed something of recent and it has been happening frequently to me, I get into a lobby room and maybe run in a race or two or im in the room for a bit of time and I'm not the room owner, just a guest, and sometimes in between races and in a race or two everybody leaves the room in a mass exodus and leaves me alone as room owner. What is going on with this, I've been kicked out intentionally with notification "you've been kicked out " I've been outed because of network too, but this exodus leaving is bugging me, am I the cause of everyone's exit?
Please reply
Just likely personal choice. If people didn't like you, you'd probably be getting the "you've been kicked" message more often.

Please reply
It sounds like there are two things going on here. I've been "kicked" from lobbies plenty of times. It's a server issue. I can't explain the technical side of it, but when everyone leaves at once and I'm left as the host, the server is the problem. As for the "kicked" message, I don't know. Don't recall that wording being used.

Back