Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Didn't know you could run GT games on a PC. Just for clarification, both NTSC and PAL where interlaced video formats so 50 or 60 Hertz refers to fields of frame (either even or odds scan lines). Being 60 Hz does not necessarily mean the game was running at 60 Frames per second; 60 fields ending being 30 frames. Maybe the engine was running/rendered on a field basis? Any clue? Thinking out loud, I wonder if 1080I could offer PD an alternative bandwidth friendlier route?

By the way that NTSC picture on the left (2d video) looks completely off in terms of aspect ratio.

Sorry for out of topic.

This is how they did it on the older consoles (SNES etc), I assume it was a similar trick in later years.

You can only display on TV an interlaced image at 50Hz/60Hz, so a complete image each 1/25th / 1/30th second.

But that's for a ~448 line image.

Consoles were outputting a PROGRESSIVE 224 lines* image. At 50Hz / 60Hz.

* and a bit more than that in PAL, something close to 576/2, but not exactly this. Actually, because of performance issue, the number of lines in PAL games can vary (black bars)

Edit : to be more precise, interlaced images on TV display odd lines for odd frames, and even lines for even frames. You needed two frames to get the whole image. A console only display odd lines for ALL frames, even lines are kept black. Hence the "scanlines" some love when upscaling old games. Thus, progressive image at 50/60Hz, but at half the vertical resolution.

Does anyone know a time reference frame for the phrase "right soon!"?

Maybe this will help you form a time frame in which you should expect GT5 Sport to be released. :lol:

By the way, I made a Joke. I know at least one moron will think I'm serious and say "no! you're wrong and stupid and that was because the PS3 was complicated and GDDR5 and David Cage" and i'll die inside that much more with every reply like that I get.

Maybe this will help you form a time frame in which you should expect GT5 Sport to be released. :lol:

By the way, I made a Joke. I know at least one moron will think I'm serious and say "no! you're wrong and stupid and that was because the PS3 was complicated and GDDR5 and David Cage" and i'll die inside that much more with every reply like that I get.

"no! you're wrong and stupid and that was because the PS3 was complicated and GDDR5 and David Cage"

Interesting:the GT Sport logo disappeared.

logo.png

link

Last edited:
There was a gt sport sticker on the m6 saturday. And today, every stickers are still here but gtsport. Maybe the game is so far away from us that Sony doesn't want to promote the game.

More seriously, I could understand if Poly stays silent a few days because of the earthquake.

Good news! Blackmonkey media will be doing another video for the GT Youtube channel. Bad news! They've either forgotten to pay their server hosting payment this month or they are too busy because their website is down.

Back