Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
@Samus Forgive the noob question: how where PS2 iterations of the game hitting 60fps when the platform would commonly be running at 50 fields per second in Pal territory? I read GT4 had a progressive mode option for the NTSC version only (Both Japan and US) which makes it a bit more understandable (although I can't figure wether it is 30P or 60P), but that would also have been in a lower resolution (480 vs 576 lines of vertical resolution).:confused:

I have to say that the person behind the FB page is important.
Because I could get my GT group posted in the GT facebook, and is someone that not ´´THINK´´ about the female avatars?? what you think is something that can be done?? Who are you, mysterious man?

^^ Well, the Navy Blue M6 has GT Sport logo on the rear fender. So, uh, that confirms something.

As to what it confirms, any ideas?

Maybe some beans will be spilled at The Ring? News, demo pods, presentation or simply nothing.

It's this month GT Academy starts isn't it? Next month the 24 hours race. June e3. Plenty of chances for GTS to show up somewhere.

When Kaz crosses the finish line the lights on the grand stand at the Nurb will switch off then a fireworks display with GTS logos exploding in the distance will appear along with a projector focused on the podium showing the opening movie for GTS.

Not just that, but Kaz and Translator-San will walk up, Kaz whips out a PS4 game case with GTS inside, pops it into the PS4 and then shows us a gameplay demo.

*End imagined scenario of events*

Now THAT will be a reveal I tell you. Aaaaand completely unexpected.

Not sure if it matters but the North African GTacademy regional finals have been delayed (supposed to be this month).

@Samus Forgive the noob question: how where PS2 iterations of the game hitting 60fps when the platform would commonly be running at 50 fields per second in Pal territory? I read GT4 had a progressive mode option for the NTSC version only (Both Japan and US) which makes it a bit more understandable (although I can't figure wether it is 30P or 60P), but that would also have been in a lower resolution (480 vs 576 lines of vertical resolution).:confused:

PAL regions were 50hz max, yes. We were "robbed" all the way up to the HD era, although I think some of the last CRTs had 60hz modes as did some games. All the way through to that point though yes, most games ran at 50fps max. Here is someone emulating the PAL version of GT4, maxing at 50fps (But not in the video)

PAL had the benefit of more lines of resolution (625 vs 525 of NTSC) but because it would have been a huge headache to cater to both, PAL regions generally got shafted and those extra lines were filled with black bars, and shrunk. Unless it was a game developed "PAL first", but that wasn't too many. I think the Codies games were.

Here is an illustration of that.

PAL regions were 50hz max, yes. We were "robbed" all the way up to the HD era, although I think some of the last CRTs had 60hz modes as did some games. All the way through to that point though yes, most games ran at 50fps max. Here is someone emulating the PAL version of GT4, maxing at 50fps (But not in the video)

Well I found one thing I wished would've been in the NTSC version:

The other Danish guy sponsorship appears to be a underwear brand. GT themed underwear confirmed ?

True, it's odd as the company seems to not even have underwear on the market currently. They've got a statement worded in familar fashion though: "THE SUMMER COLLECTION WILL BE RELEASED HERE SOON" (baaahhaa)

The website is pretty barebones, but interestingly the "home" page shows a video clip of a Finn by the name Matias Henkola getting ready to conquer his fears, preparing for the N24 race. I really wonder if this is a legit underwear company or just a fly by night biz to move sponsorship money or something.

Last edited:

PAL had the benefit of more lines of resolution (625 vs 525 of NTSC) but because it would have been a huge headache to cater to both, PAL regions generally got shafted and those extra lines were filled with black bars, and shrunk. Unless it was a game developed "PAL first", but that wasn't too many. I think the Codies games were.

Here is an illustration of that.

Didn't know you could run GT games on a PC. Just for clarification, both NTSC and PAL where interlaced video formats so 50 or 60 Hertz refers to fields of frame (either even or odds scan lines). Being 60 Hz does not necessarily mean the game was running at 60 Frames per second; 60 fields ending being 30 frames. Maybe the engine was running/rendered on a field basis? Any clue? Thinking out loud, I wonder if 1080I could offer PD an alternative bandwidth friendlier route?

By the way that NTSC picture on the left (2d video) looks completely off in terms of aspect ratio.

Sorry for out of topic.

True, it's odd as the company seems to not even have underwear on the market currently. They've got a statement worded in familar fashion though: "THE SUMMER COLLECTION WILL BE RELEASED HERE SOON" (baaahhaa)

The website is pretty barebones, but interestingly the "home" page shows a video clip of a Finn by the name Matias Henkola getting ready to conquer his fears, preparing for the N24 race. I really wonder if this is a legit underwear company or just a fly by night biz to move sponsorship money or something.

Early Summer? Northern Hemisphere or Southern Hemisphere Summer?Early Summer which Summer Month?

Latest Posts

Back