Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Yes because as I showed, PD have always targeted locked 60fps. They didn't reach it on PS3, but they targeted it. I didn't see any rebuttal from yourself @azidahaka to support your theory they were just aiming for 30fps before Sony said they wanted 60.
Never said they AIMED at 30FPS.

I implied that as usual they were missing their mark and were never able to Lock to a framerate in modern times-

meaning that if VR needs 60fps LOCKED and they were happy with a gt5-6 situation they have to rework a whole lot of stuff to avoid the issue.

Remember how bad were inside view in gt5 and gt6? People on VR will want to use that view and it must be at 6ofps always with fog, rain or sun and even 15 other cars in front.

People on VR will want to use that view and it must be at 6ofps always with fog, rain or sun and even 15 other cars in front.

I must admit that this whole time I'd been assuming that people in VR would be driving from cockpit.

But I think it could be really interesting to drive from a chase cam, especially if you're using a controller instead of a wheel. It would be like sitting in a floating chair behind a giant radio controlled car, which would be awesome. And the ability to look around and appreciate the scenery and the greater track environment would be pretty cool as well. Not as immersive an experience as a racing driver, but I could certainly imagine it being very pleasant swooping along behind your car as it carves through the curves. Kind of like the ultimate convertible experience, for anyone who has ever gone touring in a convertible.

And most importantly, that's an experience you could only have in VR. There is no way for anyone to experience the feeling of floating along behind a car in real life. I think it could be amazing.

Given the announcement said they would release the game proper in 2016 I always presumed that would mean Christmas 2016, since that's the most appropriate time of year for Sony to release a flagship title (or has been for the past two GTs at least) . And if they did release then that would also lead nicely into the "season" starting early 2017.

So I'd hazard a guess that yes, that probably always has been the plan to release at the end of the year ahead of the championships beginning next year.
That's exactly what I'm thinking... Kinda hope it works out this way.

That's exactly what I'm thinking... Kinda hope it works out this way.

Yeah, +1 on that. Seems the most logical way to do it.

However, with the radio silence on GTS so far, and all this stuff about PS4K and VR and whatnot, maybe that's even in jeopardy. So if they miss starting for 2017, then....

:(

Well its growing approx. 2 pages a day so in 20 days time, for me I'd love to share your optimism, I'll take your bet but raise it to 413 pages 👍

(413-160):2=126 days. That means the game will be announced on friday august 19 :eek: Not very optimistic indeed ;)

Also, PD could release the game in Q1 2017 and still perform a full yearly championship. I'd rather have the game for Christmas still.👍

Haha! Wow! 30fps locked Gran Turismo? You serious? Never going to happen fortunately.

60 FPS locked hasn't happened in the GT series in over 11 years. What's the point of 60 FPS if the game is getting dips to 20 FPS territory when it rains.

Our eyes perceive dips in FPS quite well, to the point we perceive a game running more smoothly at perfectly steady 30 FPS (Drive Club) than at "60 FPS" with dips all over the place (GT5, GT6 pre patching).

The suggestion is considering that in the past 11 years PD PD aimed at graphics quality over performance. If they are not going to change that, therefore not aiming at achieving steady 60 FPS (or if they are aiming at that then are massively failing at it), then it's a better choice to go for steady 30 FPS.

If not yet again we will see another so called "60 FPS" (fine print: not 60), "1080p" (fine print: not 1080p) game from PD.

Last edited:
60 FPS locked hasn't happened in the GT series in over 11 years.

Gran Turismo PSP, released six and a half years ago, ran at a locked 60fps with minor tearing. It might have taken them four years to develop, but they did it on a machine in between the PS1 and the PS2 in terms of power.

So @avens TWO GT games don't do consistent 60 so no GT game is going to make consistant 60 then? Newsflash buddy. PlayStation VR requires 60 minimum. They don't have a choice in the matter. Whatever has to be sacrificed will be sacrificed.

It was the PS3 that was the limiting factor last gen. Blame PD for overreach yes, but to suggest they'll just do the same again is pure guesswork

Answer day!
Безымянный.png

It was the PS3 that was the limiting factor last gen. Blame PD for overreach yes, but to suggest they'll just do the same again is pure guesswork
If overreach was a problem, then that would go against the PS3 being the limiting factor, no?

So you have just as much an equal possibility to be wrong, as well. Not sure how that answered anything. Either way, that's far from early.

How many other racing games on PS3 ran at 60 fps? The only ones google i can find with google are Burnout and Driver San Francisco.

So i guess its rather good programming to make GT5/6 run on the PS3 with 60 fps! Its even running at an higher resolution than other comparable racing games on the PS3 (and has dynamic time of day, weather etc.)

Here's my FB answer of today:
  • Me
    And hey, is there any chance we get some news on GT Sport this month? A ,,its possible'' or an ''no, not this month'' would be fine

• Gran Turismo
    ...Regarding the timing of the news, it's hard for me to say: we are planning the next beat of information but it's hard to predict exactly when we'll be ready (I'd say if not this month, probably the next one).

• Me
    And hey, is there any chance we get some news on GT Sport this month? A ,,its possible'' or an ''no, not this month'' would be fine

• Gran Turismo
    ...Regarding the timing of the news, it's hard for me to say: we are planning the next beat of information but it's hard to predict exactly when we'll be ready (I'd say if not this month, probably the next one).
Thanks for the anwer.
"Early" hahahha

How many other racing games on PS3 ran at 60 fps? The only ones google i can find with google are Burnout and Driver San Francisco.

So i guess its rather good programming to make GT5/6 run on the PS3 with 60 fps! Its even running at an higher resolution than other comparable racing games on the PS3 (and has dynamic time of day, weather etc.)

Yeah it is when ignoring the fact as others like @Imari and @Samus pointed out wasn't constant. Thus there were many dips in the value making it a somewhat moot effort to do it in the first place when they should have just ran 30fps that wouldn't dip.

• Me

• Gran Turismo

If not the next month the one after that, and if not that one the one after that...and if not this year next year...

Last edited:
Never said they AIMED at 30FPS.

You did.

Wait! You guys really expected for polyphony digital a 60fps locked game?

I thought you knew them since gt1 lol I bet they were going for 30ish with all eye candies and now they are panicking :D

We all know they missed it with PS3 but they hit it with PS2. So they're 1/1, aren't they? Just because they missed it with PS3 doesn't mean they'll never hit it again.

Given the announcement said they would release the game proper in 2016

Did it? As I say, when asked in that video about when people can play GTS he mentions only the beta in 2016, nothing else.

Still, Nov-Dec does seem possible as long as they're not delayed. Otherwise we could be looking at Feb or Mar 2017. I mean F1 manages a season from March to November, so it's feasible.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back