Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
When Kaz crosses the finish line the lights on the grand stand at the Nurb will switch off then a fireworks display with GTS logos exploding in the distance will appear along with a projector focused on the podium showing the opening movie for GTS.

Not just that, but Kaz and Translator-San will walk up, Kaz whips out a PS4 game case with GTS inside, pops it into the PS4 and then shows us a gameplay demo.

*End imagined scenario of events*

Now THAT will be a reveal I tell you. Aaaaand completely unexpected.

ANd When the Nizzin Smokes an engine on lap 3
he limps it back to the pits, grabs the copy of GTS, opens the case and snaps the "Master" disk into pieces.
Tells us all to "F Off " and he's Quitting PD

I think I saw this somewhere else but June really is looking very likely as the bonanza promo month for the game and to hell with early 2016 for the beta.

All in that month you have E3, The FIA Sport Conference (The same event the initial partnership was announced) and then the Pikes Peak Hillclimb and Goodwood, which PD are a sponsor for both.

They probably won't reveal something via all four but surely they'll be news from a couple of them. E3 almost certainly.

Before then, who knows. I think at best we'll get a "Maybe (laughs)" type interview from Kaz at the N24.

ANd When the Nizzin Smokes an engine on lap 3
he limps it back to the pits, grabs the copy of GTS, opens the case and snaps the "Master" disk into pieces.
Tells us all to "F Off " and he's Quitting PD

Actually if he did that I would respect him as a fellow human being. Who would not recognize himself by seeing a scene like that. It would be worth not to get a GT game this year just because of that. Thanx, for a giggle early in the morning after not getting any sleep this night. super funny :D

24H of Ring with qualifications, practice, flags, competitive AI and me driving that gorgeous BMW :dopey:

This will totally be in the game.

shut up willson.jpg

163 pages and no news since the 1st post lol. Its amazing how active this thread considering PD have chucked no scraps since october. Every time i see that a new post has been made every day i think "oh maybe some news is out, i doubt it but i'll check anyway" then low and behold i check and nothing.

Meanwhile look at how much info and how often Kunos have released since october and that thread probaly has less pages in 4 years than this does. PD and Kaz dont deserve you guys honestly

IIRC, the CTR3 has RUF's own chassis. It only shares the body panels and engine with other Porsches.
Nope, apparently RUF buys the Porsche chassis', and has the German government register the chassis as a RUF vehicle.
From RUF Wikipedia: Ruf vehicles are derived from unmarked Porsche chassis, specifically known as a body in white. Through these fundamental platforms, RUF manufacture and engineer its own original vehicles.

Nope, apparently RUF buys the Porsche chassis', and has the German government register the chassis as a RUF vehicle.
From RUF Wikipedia: Ruf vehicles are derived from unmarked Porsche chassis, specifically known as a body in white. Through these fundamental platforms, RUF manufacture and engineer its own original vehicles.

That's true for most of the cars but in the case of the CTR3, its not built on any Porsche chassis. That car has its own in-house designed chassis.

163 pages and no news since the 1st post lol. Its amazing how active this thread considering PD have chucked no scraps since october. Every time i see that a new post has been made every day i think "oh maybe some news is out, i doubt it but i'll check anyway" then low and behold i check and nothing.

Meanwhile look at how much info and how often Kunos have released since october and that thread probaly has less pages in 4 years than this does. PD and Kaz dont deserve you guys honestly

Not just kunos but SMS and turn 10 as well. Hell, every racing game has had news.

So @avens TWO GT games don't do consistent 60 so no GT game is going to make consistant 60 then? Newsflash buddy. PlayStation VR requires 60 minimum. They don't have a choice in the matter. Whatever has to be sacrificed will be sacrificed.

It was the PS3 that was the limiting factor last gen. Blame PD for overreach yes, but to suggest they'll just do the same again is pure guesswork

First, about your "TWO games" argument.

1.- GT5 Prologue wasn't consistent neither.

2- More importantly, presenting it with those words is twisting the facts, which is that it has been a whole decade with severely inconsistent framerates in the home console versions of Gran Turismo.

Those "two games" (actually three) span more time than GT1 through 4, and recent history matters way more than those.

3.- Only GT3 and GT4 are the main releases of Gran Turismo which main mode's ran at 60 FPS. That's "TWO games" too, just that your examples are over a decade old.

4.- And just so you know, GT3 and GT4 didn't run at steady 60 FPS either. Sadly I couldn't find actual testing done, but here on GTP people have reported GT4 not being consistent, and I remember GT3 had noticeable drops under heavy loads. Therefore your "TWO games" argument has no grounds to begin with, as no GT home console game has ever ran at steady 60 FPS (besides the hidden hi-fi mode).

Second, any developer can make their games run at 60 FPS in whatever console. The PS3 has games running at steady 60 FPS too, as does any other console ever released, including the weaker ones of the current generation: the Wii U and the Xbox One.

The thing is PD has chosen for the past 11 years to go for absolute visual quality, with the tradeoff of their games going into 20 FPS territory, as testing from Digital Foundry shows.

All the main titles of the Wii U run at steady 60 FPS, despite the so called very weak hardware. On the Xbox One if Turn 10 had decided to run their games alike PD's (with "60 FPS" but with dips all over the place) then Forza 6 would have looked much much better than what it does, but the developer chose not to.

Third, Playstation VR is irrelevant to the discussion, because:

1.- Developers can make their games have a "VR mode", which simply is that the graphics quality is lowered with that specific setting for the sake of having steady 60 FPS. Games on consoles do not always run with the same settings, which means that yes PD has a choice.

Take the said "hi-fi" mode from previous GT games for example (PS1), or GT4's 1080i mode (PS2), or GT5 and GT6's photomodes (PS3) that ran at much higher settings than when racing, or that in Rocket League (PS4) players can tweak specific graphics settings, alike PCs.

2.- For PlayStation VR it is recommended to get a separate console, the so called "PS4K", which has a GPU twice more powerful. That means it would be like comparing apples (PS4) and oranges (twice the power).

If GT Sport 1.00 runs at perfectly steady 60 FPS (alike Forza 6. Not 55 ish, not 25; 60) that would change my opinion about PD actually attempting to achieve steady 60 FPS. But until then we have to stick to the facts, which is the recent history and that is that their games rarely to never run at 60, and have huge dips that go below 30 FPS. That gives us a basis to at least speculate their newest one won't either.

Anyway, the demo/beta should be out very soon (maybe the Facebook manager knows when). Then Digital Foundry will test the framerate, we'll see the results and interpret what PD actually goes for.

Last edited:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-project-cars-launch-performance-analysis

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-f1-2015-performance-analysis

If those are the benchmarks, we're all screwed.

IMO, this is the benchmark. A solid 1080/60fps in all situations. Additional features to be added if and only if they do not compromise the graphical experience.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-vs-forza-motorsport-6

Maybe. It remains to be seen as they really haven't demonstrated exceptional ability to extract performance for some time. They have demonstrated exceptional ability at over-stressing hardware though, much like pCARS and F1 2015 linked above.

I have no idea what you're trying to say. Can you explain it a different way?

If this is a stress test then it is great already than GT on PS3. Via updates I think they improved the performance also in those section of tracks. They will easily achieve the 60fps target. Some months ago 1 cpu core was available as well to devs. Improvement to SDK and programmer spending more time in games I do not think this will be a issue at all for Polyphony

For PS VR 60fps in minimum which is something like 16.3ms and they said devs should target 15ms to make sure the experience is good in VR. GTS is probably the only game right now which will support it therefore I should think it will comply with the specification. I think one of the challenge is when lots of cars on screen. I wonder why they always have rolling start in GT. The only instance where I noticed fps dropping is during RB challenge on starting grid or many cars coming together in weather. They can play around some settings I am sure. I know Forza has the mirror and reflection of cars at 30fps. Not sure I would like them to do the same. But gfx and performance wise they should be fine. That is the probably the least worry TBH

There is new info on the new PlayStation "Neo" at Giant Bomb http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/sources-the-upgraded-playstation-4-is-codenamed-ne/1100-5437/

It's clearly coming together now: Polyphony Digital cannot info anything specific about GT Sport before Sony officially announces the new PS4.
Is it not?

Why would they not be allowed to talk about a product they've already announced for a platform that already exists? The newer hardware possibly existing doesn't stop them showing anything off on the current version, the version that they already announced it for.

Why would they not be allowed to talk about a product they've already announced for a platform that already exists? The newer hardware possibly existing doesn't stop them showing anything off on the current version, the version that they already announced it for.
Because GT Sport will be closely tied to PlayStation VR and the new tech, I think. The GTS Beta is another story, of course.

Because GT Sport will be closely tied to PlayStation VR and the new tech, I think. The GTS Beta is another story, of course.

But officially it doesn't exist yet. They've already announced GTS for PS4, why on earth would they not be allowed to show the game off on existing PS4 hardware? Because it might spoil how it looks a little better on the newer model?

If this is a stress test then it is great already than GT on PS3. Via updates I think they improved the performance also in those section of tracks. They will easily achieve the 60fps target. Some months ago 1 cpu core was available as well to devs. Improvement to SDK and programmer spending more time in games I do not think this will be a issue at all for Polyphony

For PS VR 60fps in minimum which is something like 16.3ms and they said devs should target 15ms to make sure the experience is good in VR. GTS is probably the only game right now which will support it therefore I should think it will comply with the specification. I think one of the challenge is when lots of cars on screen. I wonder why they always have rolling start in GT. The only instance where I noticed fps dropping is during RB challenge on starting grid or many cars coming together in weather. They can play around some settings I am sure. I know Forza has the mirror and reflection of cars at 30fps. Not sure I would like them to do the same. But gfx and performance wise they should be fine. That is the probably the least worry TBH
In addition to generating a rock solid 60fps for VR, the PS4 also has to have enough capacity left over to generate the 60 reprojected frames necessary to get Morpheus up the the required 120fps. How much of the ability of the PS4 is used to generate that extra 60 frames isn't known at this point. It's a little premature at this point to declare they'll be fine in terms of graphics and performance, especially given that DriveClub was running at 30 fps on the same hardware.

I expect that Playstation Neo has a lot to do with the paucity of GTSport information so far and will go a long way to helping GTSport and other games get over the VR hump.

I'm sure this Ps4 neo was already real in October when Gtsport was announced. If GT was the flagship of this new ps4, Sony would have annouced it later.

Back