Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I think we can very safely conclude now, that GT Sport Beta was a failure.

Move on guys, it's over. Better to talk about GT Sport. PD has simply kept being PD.

This again? Given that the neo and normal version will run off the same disc I think it will be very easy to see how it will look given that it's a resolution change.

That's not how this works, the NEO is significantly more powerful than the difference between PS4 and XBONE. Better shadows, AF, LODS, textures, performance and resolution.

That's not how this works, the NEO is significantly more powerful than the difference between PS4 and XBONE. Better shadows, AF, LODS, textures, performance and resolution.

Still the same game. And actually it will be FPS and frame rate. Nothing else.

Still the same game. And actually it will be FPS and frame rate. Nothing else.

Yes.

Let's take an example. Imagine. Imagine that GTS will be 900p/60fps on PS4.

On PS4 Neo, the game will be in 1080p/60p with better AA (or other effects). It's this difference that you should expect.

Or Uncharted 4. Solo mode could expect to benefit from 1080p/60fps instead of 1080p/30fps. Idem for online 1080p/60fps instead of 900p/60fps.

PS4 Neo isn't a PS5. There will be no generational gap.

There is a difference, yes. But not as significant as between a PS2 and PS3, for example.

Yes.

On PS4 Neo, the game will be in 1080p/60p with better AA (or other effects). It's this difference that you should expect.

Or Uncharted 4. Solo mode could expect to benefit from 1080p/60fps instead of 1080p/30fps. Idem for online 1080p/60fps instead of 900p/60fps.

There is a difference, yes. But not as significant as between a PS2 and PS3, for example.

This would be extremely disappointing give the GPU specs. The differences you describe are the same or slightly more than we see between Xbox One and PS4 now (~500GF GPU difference)

Even if the NEO GPU is just a double PS4 GPU, it should make more difference given the extra 2.4TF. If Polaris based even more so...

This would be extremely disappointing give the GPU specs. The differences you describe are the same or slightly more than we see between Xbox One and PS4 now (~500GF GPU difference)

Even if the NEO GPU is just a double PS4 GPU, it should make more difference given the extra 2.4TF. If Polaris based even more so...

I agree, I think this NEO > PS4 difference is going to be much bigger than what @Zlork is saying, but I guess we'll see eh?

Entirely speculation of course but based on what they did for the PS3 games at 720p and 1080p I'd expect the Neo version of GT Sport to be running with better AA than the normal one and probably some extra image-processing, better alpha effects.

Yes.

Eurogamer is reporting something completely different from you. What is your source?

That's it.

I would love detail my post but my English isn't excellent, especially on technical terms :(

What I think:

- For third party. Expect a difference 1080p / 900p, not more.

- For first party. Games which release after 2016 like God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn will exploit PS4 Neo, well.
- But games which release before 2017, there will be a patch that will make these game more "clean" or will make a better experience VR.

In the case of GT Sport or Eve Valkyrie, PS4 Neo serve primarily for PS VR, in my opinion. And this is what that says the first insider on NeoGAF if my memory is good.

Once again there will be a difference, yes, but don't expect a generational gap.

Last edited:
Nobody is expecting a generational gap but it can still be a significant, noticeable difference. The simple fact of the matter is though that nobody here knows just how much the difference will be, we're all guessing based on leaked information that may or may not be entirely accurate. We can only wait and see what the reality is, constantly declaring what we believe will happen doesn't really serve much purpose.

That's it.

I would love detail my post but my English isn't excellent, especially on technical terms :(

What I think:

- For first party. Games which release after 2016 like God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn will exploit PS4 Neo, well.
- But games which release before 2017, there will be a patch that will make these game more "clean" or will make a better experience VR.

In the case of GT Sport or Eve Valkyrie, PS4 Neo serve primarily for PS VR, in my opinion. And this is what that says the first insider on NeoGAF if my memory is good.

Once again there will be a difference, yes, but don't expect a generational gap.

You seem to have ignored my second paragraph. The difference this time will be 2.4TF vs 500GF.

Look at it another way. If PS4 launched at 4.2TF and Xbox One at its 1.3TF would you still claim 1080P vs 900P and/or 60fps vs 30fps or a few more effects or AA?

I don't think many would...

That's it.

What I think:

We're talking about PD, as soon as Sony wants to show something crazy for their new machine, it's for Poly. Even if Gtsport is released this year, I bet that it will bundled with the ps4 neo. In fact, Poly surely knew for years about the neo.

Sony is going to ramp up production of a new console with three years of extra technology under their belt; risk saturating the market, alienating consumers and annoying developers; and make future Playstation consoles a risky value proposition; all so they can debut a console that, instead of being a midrange circa-2013 gaming PC, will be an upper-midrange circa-2013 gaming PC?

You seem to have ignored my second paragraph. The difference this time will be 2.4TF vs 500GF.

Look at it another way. If PS4 launched at 4.2TF and Xbox One at its 1.3TF would you still claim 1080P vs 900P and/or 60fps vs 30fps or a few more effects or AA?

I don't think many would...

The biggest difference is the CU that has been multiplied by 2. Yes.

But on practice, it's much and little at a time.

Don't expect to see more cars on the track, better textures, dynamic weather on a track that will not be on PS4 "basic", and etc.

I even think that the framerate will be identical so as not to penalize players on online.

A better IQ, AA, filtering or other parameters, yes, but that's all.

PS4 Neo will, I think, provide above all a better picture quality. And the VR too !

Last edited:
No GTSport news...:mad:

:banghead:
We are supposed to have news before June. Meanwhile, Forza Apex beta begins on May 5th...
Forza and GT share the same ideas : cars and tracks. So why Forza seems so much efficient than GT? It's just cars and tracks, it can't be that complicated.
(if the developper stays sensible)

Back