Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Jordan liked my post :)
And the one from AKps3. I hope it's a hint.
Well we know GTPlanet will be at E3. I think there is probably good chance of BETA already being out by then so hopefully there will be the PS4K units there to show off better the graphics and VR functionality. Always like a good GT trailer myself so hopefully they deliver something mind blowing.

I'd like to point out something that putts things in different light.

Mirrors Edge 2 - announced at E3 2013

first gameplay video - 5th of August 2015

Uncharted 4 - announced June 9th 2014

first gameplay - December 6th 2014

The Order 1886 - announced June 11th 2013

first gameplay - February 18th 2014

And probably many others.

So it's definitely not a GTS thing. There was probably more info released for those games after the announcements but still ...we might be exaggerating a bit.

I'm just saying :)

Tahiti Road, Tahiti Maze, Costa di Amalfi....
I'll give ya Tahiti, been over 6 years since I've raced it.
I'm talking about West Coast, East Coast US (Seattle don't count). Or On the western coast of the UK. What made me think of it was route 1 in CA and Route 12 in NC.

The fact that you guys are dwelling over the definition of the simple word "Early", really says a lot.
It makes me feel that I'm wasting my time sharing my ideas on the next GT.
I'm guessing you're the same guys that trash people when they enter your lobby. Then bitch about them when they do it back to you in defense. >_>

So it's definitely not a GTS thing. There was probably more info released for those games after the announcements but still ...we might be exaggerating a bit.

How many of those games gave an expected time frame for their public beta release in the original announcement?

"Before June" is May and April (and March/February/January).
The first says April.
The second says May.

There's no trend there to see, boy genius.

You were warned not even 24H ago to lose the attitude. Drop it.

I'm guessing you're the same guys that trash people when they enter your lobby. Then bitch about them when they do it back to you in defense. >_>

...Whoa there. Easy now. Not everyone on this forum's COD-playing thirteen year olds you know.

How many of those games gave an expected time frame for their public beta release in the original announcement?

You were warned not even 24H ago to lose the attitude. Drop it.

No sure, that's a fair point and I'm not trying to argue with that. I'm speaking specifically announcement to gameplay window.

I gave this examples to demonstrate that "6 months without any footage" happened before.

I'm not a fast learner and monkey see, monkey do!

All in fun, just a slight jab! :cheers:

Resorting to name-calling is not acceptable. This isn't up for discussion, either.

No sure, that's a fair point and I'm not trying to argue with that. I'm speaking specifically announcement to gameplay window.

I gave this examples to demonstrate that "6 months without any footage" happened before.

Well, certainly. I don't think many people would argue it hasn't. Some will even point out The Last Guardian missed an entire console generation.

But personally, I've never considered "Y has also done something the same as (or worse) than X" as a good reason for X doing it in the first place!

Prediction: GTSport is shown at E3 for the purpose of showing off the NEO. Here comes the dilemma, the poor old regular PS4 user now has no idea how the game will look.
Fair enough prediction, personally I can see a trailer that shows the 2 side-by-side to illustrate the difference in visuals. It would give a better selling point I'd say.

Fair enough prediction, personally I can see a trailer that shows the 2 side-by-side to illustrate the difference in visuals. It would give a better selling point I'd say.

It'd also be pretty sweet to see it get top billing at the Sony conference, or near enough.

Something glitzy like Vettel* driving a lap in VR or something :)

edit: *...actually thinking about it, someone like Mardenborough would be more apt, and really awesome, though less 'celeb'

Was listening to Colin Moriarty and he said the exact same thing but noted it's probably a bad idea since it will leave a bad taste in the mouths of current PS4 owners.

Look how bad your version will look like compared to our new shiny product.

Right, but the difference is how silent PD has been about this. They haven't publicly said when there might be more news or just in general ANYTHING about GTS. No 2nd trailers, no screenshots, no teaser screenshots, nothing! It just seems kind of weird how quiet they're being about it, don't you think?

So they wanted console player's money, but couldn't be bothered to make it playable for the vast majority of them?

You think that's a good approach?

Jesus H

I think if a small time firm wants to put their name out there in a genre for those looking for a more accessible sim game that isn't fully pc dedicated, sure. If you take issue with the fact that they tried to implement controller players but couldn't do so on a level of a first party dev, that's you. I see it as they tried, they'll learn from it and what ever racing game they do after it will be better for it. Your tone on the subject is as if they just didn't care at all and thus neglected an entire user base, but they didn't nor haven't and that's where I take issue. Especially when we talk about the context of sim/simcade/arcade racers of modern times, and the supposed biggest can't even set up a line of communication after 20 years?
The thing is, its useless to get the right controller settings several months after the games release!

No it's not. It's been proven to you after this post, but I already said it before 3 other members verified what I had said. And I only said it because they posted this info some time prior. My point is if you can't be bothered to try and research your investment after purchase, why buy it?

Prediction: GTSport is shown at E3 for the purpose of showing off the NEO. Here comes the dilemma, the poor old regular PS4 user now has no idea how the game will look.
The advantage for the poor old regular PS4 user could be to play BETA and see first hand how it looks and plays before E3 at base level.
Was listening to Colin Moriarty and he said the exact same thing but noted it's probably a bad idea since it will leave a bad taste in the mouths of current PS4 owners.

Look how bad your version will look like compared to our new shiny product.
Leaves a good taste for me and I've got currently two PS4s. Rather have option to upgrade to shiny new product instead of sticking with something that makes things look bad for longer period of time. ;)

I think if a small time firm wants to put their name out there in a genre for those looking for a more accessible sim game that isn't fully pc dedicated, sure. If you take issue with the fact that they tried to implement controller players but couldn't do so on a level of a first party dev, that's you. I see it as they tried, they'll learn from it and what ever racing game they do after it will be better for it. Your tone on the subject is as if they just didn't care at all and thus neglected an entire user base, but they didn't nor haven't and that's where I take issue. Especially when we talk about the context of sim/simcade/arcade racers of modern times, and the supposed biggest can't even set up a line of communication after 20 years?

No it's not. It's been proven to you after this post, but I already said it before 3 other members verified what I had said. And I only said it because they posted this info some time prior. My point is if you can't be bothered to try and research your investment after purchase, why buy it?

Sure. Anyway, this is a GTS thread.

Back on topic: Cannot wait to see how Sony handle this GTS/NEO/VR thing at E3. Could be a showstopper or an absolute revolt...

Sure. Anyway, this is a GTS thread.

Back on topic: Cannot wait to see how Sony handle this GTS/NEO/VR thing at E3. Could be a showstopper or an absolute revolt...

Us talking about other games in relation to the market landscape for GTS to compete in has plenty to do with the thread, almost as much as that of us arguing season start/end times in relation to release dates and other topics. There isn't anything to do but speculate here or there. Also, wouldn't it be how PD handles GTS/VR/NEO. Why would it be Sony's fault if one of their subsidiary companies that develop one of the largest games for them screws it up?

Us talking about other games in relation to the market landscape for GTS to compete in has plenty to do with the thread, almost as much as that of us arguing season start/end times in relation to release dates and other topics. There isn't anything to do but speculate here or there. Also, wouldn't it be how PD handles GTS/VR/NEO. Why would it be Sony's fault if one of their subsidiary companies that develop one of the largest games for them screws it up?

Yeah, that's fair. I just meant that it will be the Sony presser, not PD's. And how they deal with presenting GTS on their behalf, and how that's (inevitably?) related to the NEO & VR announcements.

I honestly cannot wait. It's gona be entertaining at the very least!

The advantage for the poor old regular PS4 user could be to play BETA and see first hand how it looks and plays before E3 at base level.

Leaves a good taste for me and I've got currently two PS4s. Rather have option to upgrade to shiny new product instead of sticking with something that makes things look bad for longer period of time. ;)

Assuming we have a beta still.

It's good for those who're willing to upgrade bad for everyone else.

Yeah, that's fair. I just meant that it will be the Sony presser, not PD's. And how they deal with presenting GTS on their behalf, and how that's (inevitably?) related to the NEO & VR announcements.

I honestly cannot wait. It's gona be entertaining at the very least!

I'd say GTS wouldn't even be the important at the point is what I'm getting at as well. Because it's a press release for Sony's updated or new system, however you want to look at it, it's going to highlight many games. So to me what ever PD showcase is what should really matter.

Assuming we have a beta still.

It's good for those who're willing to upgrade bad for everyone else.
It will just remain as bad as it would have been IMO. Anyway I think it is good that instead of just making a Slim version, they're doing something more than that and moving forward with technology. I think us consumers are very fortunate. Thinking in a different way, imagine making something like PS4K and GT SPORT from scratch, probably cost tens of billions of dollars and a lot more time. Instead we probably get both for less than $440 when out soon.

Thats me after 6 months without news
tumblr_n8yur7cFVW1qb2rf8o1_500.gif

:lol:

You might need a new hobby :lol:

Could be a hint
Maybe he want to tell us
"yes it is"
giphy.gif

:lol:

I hope he tells us this not using Nicholsen face :ill:

Sucker Punch did that emo neon thing right...? Can't be them, that sucked.
Who cares about GoW?
TLOU? meh
GT? :cool:

That's my 98 cents.

Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean everyone else feels the same.

I think I'm starting to see a trend.

The hell are you doing here, Larry Mac? :lol:

This again? Given that the neo and normal version will run off the same disc I think it will be very easy to see how it will look given that it's a resolution change.

Kind of a double edged sword IMO, make the difference too obvious and millions of people will be 🤬, make it too subtle and millions will wonder why they would need NEO.

Back