Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
no it's not. Scaff posted an in-depth reason on this very thread why it's possible if you actually take the time and once done is perfectly usable.
scaffs post is perfectly fine, but it doesn't invalidate the fact the trying to find that sweet spot, and trial and error was such a ridiculous chore with how they have the configuration menus locked to the main menu instead of the pause screen. The time it took not only intimidated those to go any further, but for me it also wasn't worth the effort, considering all the other things on top of it that where just bonked.

That's great, but he used realism as a term as to why he couldn't play the game, jm79 brought up the controller, and to be honest I've seen others play it on controller or wheel just fine. If you're going to make the effort to buy a game, get educated on it and then if you do still buy it after being educated on said purchase obviously take the time to figure out how to set it up in a fashion that best utilized your equipment.,
the problem with that is that the controls where so scrrewed for pads that it was something you can't just research as you'll get various answers, as your disagreement shows. The pad was HORRIBLY optimized. Usually the set up to Best utilize your equipment is just by turning it on, it should work first, not after. Utilization for the most used peripheral ever should be first and foremost, not left to the user to shamble through things for hours.

Point is others spend a bit more time setting it up so it's out of the way in the long run. Once again @Scaff provided in-depth info on the setting up of controller use for the game. You say or seem to say you couldn't find "sufficient" info. Yet somehow he was? If it weren't for experience and the fact that others have given insight on how to do it I wouldn't be arguing about it. I agree it's not as pick up and go, but it's not close to impossible either.
someone else's term of acceptable is not a broad view and you should not expect to be shared by anyone else but yourself, really. It's a perfectly acceptable reason that you're trying to shut down.

Last edited:
Did he maybe saw GT?
twitter.com/SunnyGearSolid/status/725010936982061057
He liked this post
twitter.com/Vince423/status/725025955392147457
The post was a reply to this one
twitter.com/Ice_of_Sub_Zero/status/725024631309082626

Or maybe he just likes the gif?

Please don't kill me:gtpflag:
Thats me after 6 months without news
tumblr_n8yur7cFVW1qb2rf8o1_500.gif

:lol:
Crash team racing remastered HD 4.5k

Uhmm.. let's make a quick list.

Not shown first party PS4 exclusives announced (or almost)

- God of War 4
- The Last of Us 2 (?)
- New Sucker Punch Game
- and obviously Gran Turismo

Am I forgetting something? Those are not a lot. My two cents on GT or GoW

Obviously it could be a not-yet-announced game.

Last edited:

- God of War 4
- The Last of Us 2 (?)
- New Sucker Punch Game

Sucker Punch did that emo neon thing right...? Can't be them, that sucked.
Who cares about GoW?
TLOU? meh
GT? :cool:

That's my 98 cents.

Sucker Punch did that emo neon thing right...? Can't be them, that sucked.
Who cares about GoW?
TLOU? meh
GT? :cool:

That's my 98 cents.

You don't care about TLOU??

WHAT KIND OF MONSTER ARE YOU?!?!:odd::banghead::grumpy::lol:

Last edited:
I once played Gran Turismo 4 with an original Dual Shock. It was an unmitigated disaster in all measures. The analog sticks weren't sensitive enough for the precise control GT4 was expecting, and the face buttons were of course useless compared to the DS2's. I bring this up because the only other time a (console) racing game has similarly shut me out of initially playing it was when I first played Project Cars on an XBone.

I'm sure it could eventually be worked out, and I'm sure whatever control setup Scaff put together would have alleviated my problems. But I was playing the game at a friend's, not going into the game expecting a fiddly disaster like rFactor after actively contributing to its development like half the people on this forum seem to have done. Aside from simple backlash against how relentlessly hyped it was around here, I can perfectly understand someone could spend two weeks or so with the game and be pushed off of it because of how it plays out of the box with a controller.

Last edited:
Oh shiz, that's got my overly hopeful self pretty excited! Great spot...
The like is crucial, surely that's a hint??

I'm not getting my hopes up just yet!

We (assume) what we saw in the reveal in October of the Nurb footage was GT:S and I don't know about you, but though it looked very nice and a noticeable bump over GT5/6, it wasn't anything like the GT4>GT5 Jump even allowing for diminishing returns.

So if it is GT:S this tweeter saw then I would assume it was PS4K footage.....

Who is Sunny Sanghera exactly? Never heard of him/her.

Doesn't sound like an official PD source to me.

...You're right, he's got nothing to do with PDI.

He works for Ubisoft. It's in his tweeter profile. Also apparently he does a wrestling-related podcast which I've never heard about before...

...You're right, he's got nothing to do with PDI.

He works for Ubisoft. It's in his tweeter profile. Also apparently he does a wrestling-related podcast which I've never heard about before...

Ahh ok. So how would a Ubisoft worker know anything about Polyphony Digital gameplay/content? Lol.

I'm not sold on this conspiracy that his followers are alluding to.

Ahh ok. So how would a Ubisoft worker know anything about Polyphony Digital gameplay/content? Lol.

I'm not sold on this conspiracy that his followers are alluding to.

...The tweet he made before the one everyone has been excited for shows him talking about the pseudo-remake of Ratchet & Clank. Maybe he had some kind of back-door excess, albeit a limited one?

Argh. I dunno. Too tired to speculate any further. I'll just wait till E3. And if nothing's shown there, then I'll just assume GT:S has been delayed.

- God of War 4
- The Last of Us 2 (?)
- New Sucker Punch Game

No way it's TLOU 2, there is Bend's new game as well.

Latest Posts

Back