Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
We are supposed to have news before June. Meanwhile, Forza Apex beta begins on May 5th...
Forza and GT share the same ideas : cars and tracks. So why Forza seems so much efficient than GT? It's just cars and tracks, it can't be that complicated.
(if the developper stays sensible)

Interesting that they 'only' recommend a single 980Ti/Fury for 4K @60fps when most say such is only realistic with multiple GPUs.

The biggest difference is the CU that has been multiplied by 2. Yes.

But on practice, it's much and little at a time.

Don't expect to see more cars on the track, better textures, dynamic weather on a track that will not be on PS4 "basic", and etc.

I even think that the framerate will be identical so as not to penalize players on online.

A better IQ, AA, filtering or other parameters, yes, but that's all.

PS4 Neo will, I think, provide above all a better picture quality and some effects. And the VR too !

You may end up being right and I'll wait and see. Sony are going to struggle with balancing keeping OG PS4 owners happy whilst convincing those that want a NEO it is worth dishing out another $400.

The online frame rate is an interesting one. I remember when U4 multiplayer was announced to be 900P/60fps and a lot were surprised ND did this. I think it makes much more sense now we know about NEO and the 'rule' of parity between it and OG PS4.

I think if a small time firm wants to put their name out there in a genre for those looking for a more accessible sim game that isn't fully pc dedicated, sure. If you take issue with the fact that they tried to implement controller players but couldn't do so on a level of a first party dev, that's you. I see it as they tried, they'll learn from it and what ever racing game they do after it will be better for it. Your tone on the subject is as if they just didn't care at all and thus neglected an entire user base, but they didn't nor haven't and that's where I take issue. Especially when we talk about the context of sim/simcade/arcade racers of modern times, and the supposed biggest can't even set up a line of communication after 20 years?

No it's not. It's been proven to you after this post, but I already said it before 3 other members verified what I had said. And I only said it because they posted this info some time prior. My point is if you can't be bothered to try and research your investment after purchase, why buy it?
I bothered 2 weeks to find acceptable controller settings and wasnt able to find it in this time. I never had any game which was this bad in that regard!

No GTSport news...:mad:

:banghead:
Aah i remember how i used to desperately check on GTP's frontpage every day for news about GT :lol:. Must have been 2012 or something. Other devs keep a schedule of max 2-3 months before releasing news about their game or upcoming DLC, i suspect that with PD it's about twice a year at an average.

Actually I dont care about ps4 neo with 4k! I have ps4, and I know that difference will only be 1080p full hd vs 4k. Graphics still be amazing with my ps4. What I wana, say is that, I only want to play the newest GT sport with all features, physics and cars, Its about GAMEPLAY to me. 4k is just for extra money.

Gt Sport confimed for this year!

from neogaf

Phillipe Cardon (VP of SIEE): GT Sports & The Last Guardian will launch this year.
sadly, it's only in french available.
http://www.challenges.fr/high-tech/j...pour-sony.html

C’est notre plus grosse sortie de l’année avec Gran Turismo et le grand retour de The Last Guardian. Et bien sûr, le PlayStation VR arrive.

Google translation:
This is our biggest release of the year with Gran Turismo and the return of The Last Guardian. And of course, the PlayStation VR arrives.

But I also found a german site, which is reporting it.
http://www.playm.de/2016/04/gran-tur...aetigt-287694/

from neogaf

Phillipe Cardon (VP of SIEE): GT Sports & The Last Guardian will launch this year.

C’est notre plus grosse sortie de l’année avec Gran Turismo et le grand retour de The Last Guardian. Et bien sûr, le PlayStation VR arrive.

Google translation:
This is our biggest release of the year with Gran Turismo and the return of The Last Guardian. And of course, the PlayStation VR arrives.

Thanks but it's old news.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-on-track-for-a-2016-release/

from neogaf

Google translation:

I tought we knew that already?

During the presentation of the PSVR, there was no mention of Gtsport but Driveclub VR instead. What I find interesting is that Phillipe Cardon mentions GT when talking about PSVR and not Driveclub. By the way, he says that Gran Turismo will have "VR experiences".
Il y aura des franchises comme Gran Turismo qui intégrera des expériences VR.

When you read the article in French, he speaks like GT will be released before the end of the year.

Amusing that mentioning GTS in the same sentence as The Last Guardian, one of the most notoriously delayed games since Duke Nukem Forever, is considered good news.

The Last Guardian kept the Gates of GTS closed in order to keep it from Duke Nukem Forever.

That play on words from that sentence had to be done.

My actual contribution to the thread in this post: I'm banking my money on E3 now.

And all this time Kaz is lapping the bloody nurburg without a care in the world, reading GTP on his smartphone on the straight bits, laughing at the poor suckers here arguing about springtime.
You win the internet.jpg

I was kind of annoyed that 3yrs later after the release of the ps4 we have not seen a Gran Turismo product. And now we hear PS4K is here... before GT7 comes out.

But the reality is that we probably know more about PS4K than PD and that it is highly unlikely GT Sport will take advantage of Neo. Hell, this is the company who's last product is on PS3. I just hope we have GT Sport by Xmas.

Let's be honest, being left in the dark is nothing new for us GT fanatics...

...GT6 was the same deal...

We should not be surprised in the slightest, we just gotta wait, and wait... again.

I was kind of annoyed that 3yrs later after the release of the ps4 we have not seen a Gran Turismo product. And now we hear PS4K is here... before GT7 comes out.

But the reality is that we probably know more about PS4K than PD and that it is highly unlikely GT Sport will take advantage of Neo. Hell, this is the company who's last product is on PS3. I just hope we have GT Sport by Xmas.
PDI would have been involved at a design stage of both the PS4 and PS4K. I can't imagine they wouldn't have had input into what the machines could do in order to enable them to produce the best software possible. And that for me boggles the mind that we are still sat here with out a new GT game. It will be seriously messed up if the PS4K releases before the next instalment of GT.

PDI would have been involved at a design stage of both the PS4 and PS4K. I can't imagine they wouldn't have had input into what the machines could do in order to enable them to produce the best software possible. And that for me boggles the mind that we are still sat here with out a new GT game. It will be seriously messed up if the PS4K releases before the next instalment of GT.

Undeniably, PD are in a privileged position; that doesn’t however give them the “final cut” in every decision. PSVR, PS4K and GT(S) are likely all interconnected to varying degrees and it would be incomprehensible that the game wasn’t a Neo launch tittle indeed. Finger crossed at E3 we will see the light!

and now I feel the need to re-watch that movie again :)

Undeniably, PD are in a privileged position; that doesn’t however give them the “final cut” in every decision.
No it doesn't. However Kaz being a VP of Sony Computer Entertainment almost certainly gives him a heavy degree of influence, which via the back door gives it to PD as well.

Back