Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Funny isn't it.

Person A posts their feedback of the event, they're critical of several elements:

"They're just bitching, the game isn't even finished yet, shouldn't judge it yet, graphics and sound will get better, I bet they didn't play it very long etc, this guy can't be trusted"

Person B posts their feedback of the event, they praise it almost unanimously:

"Wow, great preview, the game is shaping up to be great. This guy knows what he's talking about!"

This will continue to be the case. Just the nature of the beast now.

I really do think having the beta (or a demo!) would have done wonders. I miss the days of demo disc's on magazines.

Funny isn't it.

Person A posts their feedback of the event, they're critical of several elements:

"They're just bitching, the game isn't even finished yet, shouldn't judge it yet, graphics and sound will get better, I bet they didn't play it very long etc, this guy can't be trusted"

"Wow, great preview, the game is shaping up to be great. This guy knows what he's talking about!"

Did you realize that you and others here are doing exactly the same thing, but with positive feedback?

If it's a negative opinion it's just fine, not a problem. But if it's a positive that person must be a blind fanboy.

Oh the irony. :rolleyes:

Guys a question. Wich edition if the game has the most content?
You'll get the most in-game content if you pre-order the Limited Edition via Gamestop or PSN. Or if you want the most physical and in-game content, then the collectors edition.

"Almost".

Confirmation bias is strong for some people. Samus is simply pointing it out.

Why are you pointing out my omission of "almost" ? Samus post implied the guy impressions were extra positive on almost all fronts.

That's not the case. He said the physics are great, sound is meh and graphics are ok with some problems.

That's not "almost unanimous" praise.

And GTP is not a hive mind so who are those "people" that take only the good stuff and dismiss the bad feedback with petty excuses.

Is this being refereed to someone in particular or it's one of those things people write on forums refereeing to non existent group of people they came with to reinforce their argument ?

"people don't like micro-transactions but don't want to pay full price for games"

"bias is strong for some people" - show me those people.

Otherwise this reads like a jab on a whole group of people being happy about positive impressions.

Point out single members - fine. But don't putt everyone in the same shelf.

Last edited:
Did you realize that you and others here are doing exactly the same thing, but with positive feedback?

If it's a negative opinion it's just fine, not a problem. But if it's a positive that person must be a blind fanboy.

Oh the irony. :rolleyes:
Except that's not actually true, so it's not actually ironic.

Anyone have an idea about what is this:

It's not a scape. Some type of 3d garage where you can see your current car's beauty?

This is a good point actually.

Looks more fully-featured than your usual scape, it seems.

Does make you wonder why they wasted so many resources on this crap than, you know, actual bloody race courses, or more cars, or offline features, or better sound, etc etc etc...

JG: I know the PS4 is much simpler [compared to the PS3]. How does it compare to the PS2 and the original Playstation?
KY: PS1 and PS2 wasn’t bad… PS2 was actually a very good piece of hardware. … In that respect, the PS4 is a very good piece of hardware, as well.

Kaz, bringing up the legendary PS2 again. You can tell how good it is by how their games on it turned out. 👍

Funny isn't it.

Incidentally, that's how religion works.

Yamamoto-San (The one behind the famous Opera s2k) at the 'ring now!! :D

upload_2016-5-27_15-32-36.png

Does make you wonder why they wasted so many resources on this crap than, you know, actual bloody race courses, or more cars, or offline features, or better sound, etc etc etc...

Honestly, 3D modelling isn't as hard as you might think. They probably spent very few resources on that scene, especially if it's a fantasy scene rather than a real location. All you need is a basic ground mesh, spam some trees all over the place, add a pool of water, a skybox and some basic props and then you're done. At most it would take a day, if you really want to work on the details, but you could have the basics set up within an hour.

Compare that to making an actual 🤬 race course, which takes months to do. For a long track like Nürburgring it could even be measured in years, depending in how accurate you want the surroundings to be.

Honestly, 3D modelling isn't as hard as you might think. They probably spent very few resources on that scene, especially if it's a fantasy scene rather than a real location. All you need is a basic ground mesh, spam some trees all over the place, add a pool of water, a skybox and some basic props and then you're done. At most it would take a day, if you really want to work on the details, but you could have the basics set up within an hour.

Compare that to making an actual 🤬 race course, which takes months to do. For a long track like Nürburgring it could even be measured in years, depending in how accurate you want the surroundings to be.

If that's the case then,

Airstrip for drags pls.

Parking lots with cones for Autocross pls.

Mount Akina replica GT style pls.

Shouldn't take long according to what you said no?

Back