Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
What makes you think GT7 will contain them? Kaz said GT sport could have been called GT7 without a problem. Also if they want to play that game and make us wait another 3 years before GT7, then no, regardless of whether they put them or not. PD thinks we have limitless patience, that is not the case.

Kaz says a lot of things, we all know that. And don't forget, this is PD we're talking about, who had standard cars dating to 2001 in their PS3 games. There were even rumors of keeping the standards on a PS4 GT game. They won't just throw away the older premiums, as the quality gap between those and the newest premiums is tiny compared to the standard-premium thing they had on the PS3. And saving them for the next game gives them time to touch up the models a bit.

Kaz says a lot of things, we all know that. And don't forget, this is PD we're talking about, who had standard cars dating to 2001 in their PS3 games. There were even rumors of keeping the standards on a PS4 GT game. They won't just throw away the older premiums, as the quality gap between those and the newest premiums is tiny compared to the standard-premium thing they had on the PS3. And saving them for the next game gives them time to touch up the models a bit.
Still no sources whatsoever. I have no hope in PD especially when they want you to believe in next GT (3-4 years later) there will be premiums. They can have limitless amount of time if they want, but I am not going to wait.

"As part of the longstanding partnership with Nissan, Polyphony Digital are supporting this competition with a unique, early version of Gran Turismo Sport featuring Nissan only cars for the live recruitment phase of GT Academy 2016, meaning that those participating in GT Academy 2016 will be amongst the first to experience this early version of Gran Turismo Sport before its release date."

Knew it!

When though, is the question...

(wonder if any of the GTP crew know about this already... @Jordan only maybe?)

All I know is, something will happen soon.

GT6:

renaultsportclio3xbqlh.jpg

GTS:

interior_renault_spor3pky0.jpg

GT6:

chevroletcorvettestinhcpsk.jpg

GTS:

interior_chevrolet_coddutm.jpg

GT6:

audir183kgp3z.jpg

GTS:

granturismosport_screrekhr.jpg
Notice in last pic the buttons are on the exact same position on the steering wheel. Makes you wonder what they did during all these years if they merely cleaned some premiums... PD the real patience simulator.

I know the standard vs premium car debate has been done to death, but I'll dive in anyways - I would imagine that Polyphony would have tried out, internally, putting some of the past-gen/standard cars into the title. I would not be surprised if that was originally the plan but then it was scrapped. Why? Because we're at 1920x1080 now. Because environmental detail is much greater. Because the lighting has moved the 'realistic' bar higher. All this conspires to make lesser quality assets stand out a LOT more than before. Think of it like a certain form of 'uncanny valley'.

My guess is that they have decided to do everything from scratch for a visually consistent experience. Which means that it's going to take a while to get back to traditional 500+ car rosters and whatnot. Turn 10 were smart and dealt with this from the get-go, but the small car roster for GT Sport makes me think that Polyphony has only made this decision much more recently.

"It had to be rebuilt, GT6's version is outdated and ugly".
Actually, copy-paste every premiums, rework textures a bit for some, and boom, +400 cars. Probably black magic to their ears, common sense to me.
My guess is that they have decided to do everything from scratch for a visually consistent experience. Which means that it's going to take a while to get back to traditional 500+ car rosters and whatnot. Turn 10 were smart and dealt with this from the get-go, but the small car roster for GT Sport makes me think that Polyphony has only made this decision much more recently.
If you take all the unique premium car models PD has ever made and figure out their yearly production it'll come in around 40 cars per year. They've hired some people so 140 over 3 years + GT6 DLC isn't out of line with their usual output. I don't think they got a late start at all I think they on their usual historical output pace.

If you take all the unique premium car models PD has ever made and figure out their yearly production it'll come in around 40 cars per year. They've hired some people so 140 over 3 years + GT6 DLC isn't out of line with their usual output. I don't think they got a late start at all I think they on their usual historical output pace.
40 cars per year when they could rely on padding the car roster with old assets.

I would hope that if they've truly dropped those, that they're making more effort with producing new content, cuz 40 cars per year simply isn't going to be good enough.

I just noticed the detail in this scape, grass growing on top of the square block building if you zoom in, I wonder if they have altered these photo scapes to add their own taste once they have the pic. Amazing how the cars fit in the picture in 3d, so easily and move about in these back grounds..I can't wait to get my hands on all these 1000 scapes..:bowdown:
Scapes_Old_factory_02_1465878847.jpg

Look how far it has come since GT4(although this isn't a bad pic and not far off some standard cars in gt6)
M3.jpg

I just noticed the detail in this scape, grass growing on top of the square block building if you zoom in, I wonder if they have altered these photo scapes to add their own taste once they have the pic. Amazing how the cars fit in the picture in 3d, so easily and move about in these back grounds..I can't wait to get my hands on all these 1000 scapes..:bowdown:
Scapes_Old_factory_02_1465878847.jpg

Look how far it has come since GT4(although this isn't a bad pic and not far off some standard cars in gt6)
M3.jpg

Look how far indeed.

Criticism time, but mainly a minor one.

I don't like the class the Bugatti Chiron VGT is in, the same with the Peugeot VGT. The Peugeot VGT seems to be racing along GT3 cars and I do find this personally annoying as it looks out of place. I wish PD at least went through the trouble to make a race car version of this car. The Bugatti VGT just seems also out of place to be racing alongside LMPs.

Rather, I wish PD used a class that reflected the FIA GT1 class in real life or something where a racing spec Peugeot VGT could go against the Bugatti VGT. Another thing about scraping the GT5/6 standards that annoys me is the fact they missed an awesome opportunity to implement the Citroen GT LM in this game by pinning it against the Bugatti. I'm also not a fan of the VW GTI VGT they picked for the Gr 3 class. I honestly see the hatchback version go against them instead. Seriously, give that a new spoiler and splitter and make it look similar to the VW Scirocco N24 Touring Car and you have a nice wild card. Well, in my opinion at least.

It is not a coincidence it is the exact same angle. And other details all indicate PD just reused GT6's Premiums and polished them a bit.
So are they wrong in some way? If they aren't it would make sense for them to be in the exact same position..

So are they wrong in some way? If they aren't it would make sense for them to be in the exact same position..
There's no "wrong" or "true" about these buttons. And when the car is off changing the position of these does not alter anything, which shows it could have had all different positions, but it has GT6's same one surprisingly.

There's no "wrong" or "true" about these buttons. And when the car is off changing the position of these does not alter anything, which shows it could have had all different positions, but it has GT6's same one surprisingly.
Yes, there can be something wrong. It can be modeled wrong, That's what I'm asking. Is it in the wrong position in some way, is it not where its supposed to be, is it not the correct size? What is the problem exactly? I'm just not understanding.

If it is modeled correctly in the first place, it would make sense for it to look the same.

Those new pictures are amazing. And holy 🤬 at the new replay, that looks just incredible. I hope someone from the media upload this to gamersyde.

And these pictures show something I had already realised before: there's a big difference in graphic quality between the spectator and the normal mode.

New video? ... gif time:

Those new pictures are amazing. And holy 🤬 at the new replay, that looks just incredible. I hope someone from the media upload this to gamersyde.

And these pictures show something I had already realised before: there's a big difference in graphic quality between the spectator and the normal mode.

New video? ... gif time:

Not a big fan of the new cartoony over saturated look, doesn't look as real as GT5 to me.

Back