Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
They might have any license, but they could at least try to make it look official.
What balance of performance even means? i'll get to see that monster of mazda vgt with 8 gears blast a 2011 lmp1 model of the audi? Before the E3 i was so optimistic, thought they had shown these cars just because they didn't want to show too much.
But this is really infuriating. The peugeot vgt isn't even a proper racecar. It's just a concept car with enough power and torque to race against proper and purpose built race cars.
It's as they were to put the Ford GT90 against the Toyota GT One back in GT2 days.

It is Gran Turismo fantasy part that clashes with the real world race classes. GT has always done this but with GT Sport they seem to have reduced it by quiet a bit. Making proper classes and according appearances in those classes. Not perfect 100% but certainly a step into the right direction.

True that the Vision GT is no racecar but nor is the Mustang. Both have a GR.3 racing mod applied which makes them proper racercars for that class.

True that the Vision GT is no racecar but nor is the Mustang. Both have a GR.3 racing mod applied which makes them proper racercars for that class.
The point i was trying to make is that not every car should be grouped.
Sure the mustang is no GT3 car, but a t least, it looks like it
same thing for the hyundai one or the alfa romeo
. But the peugeot? Doesn't belong there. Anyway i heard there is a chance to not play with those so i'm ok regardless, i guess.

The point i was trying to make is that not every car should be grouped.
Sure the mustang is no GT3 car, but a t least, it looks like it
same thing for the hyundai one or the alfa romeo
. But the peugeot? Doesn't belong there. Anyway i heard there is a chance to not play with those so i'm ok regardless, i guess.

When you put it like that I agree with your point 👍 Maybe it is due to every manufacturer in the game needing to present one or more cars in each class. Volkswagen has no direct current model that can be placed in the GT3 class, nor has Toyota or Peugeot. They mainly produce FWD cars and that's complicated with GT3 specs.

With PD we never know. It could be possible when applying a GR3 RM mod the drivetrain can change from FWD to RWD? Then we have more possibilities: VW Golf / Passat, Toyota Prius / GT86 (already rwd), Peugeot 308 / 508.

Last edited:
I still wonder about the 20 car grid. How much power is lost if PD were to add 4-6 more cars? If indeed the PS4 IS that powerful, it should at least match Forza's 24 cars.

Besides, I believe there are enough real world GT3 and PD Gr.3 cars to fill a Gr.3 field. Without using the VGT cars.

Jaguar
Nissan
McLaren
Ferrari
Aston Martin
Audi
Hyundai
Ford
Mercedes-Benz
Alfa Romeo
BMW
Lamborghini(?)
Porsche(?)
Ruf(?)
Bentley(?)

Double those and we're done. That's how I would run my offline races anyway.

As for the volkswagen i'd have preferred
maxresdefault.jpg

this over the open top one, not even important at this point.
By the way the video really shown how improved lighting can really be a game changer but
The divine lighting is eating the frame rate in the replay. Keep it cool PD!

Wait a second... Are those AI's?
i find these issues rather unsettling.

I'm not too bothered about the fictional Gr. 3 cars - as long as their performance is balanced and they have somewhat appropriate aero, I'm fine with them. (That said, the VW Vision GT Gr. 3 could use a roof or at least a full rollcage akin to the Lotus 2-Eleven GT4.)

The GT3 class has seen wilder entrants in real life, after all.
morgan-aero-8-15.jpg

A lot of absolute statements from someone who has no idea what they're talking about.
You know, it's funny how other people are allowed to misremember things, but I'm not. Strange, that, is it not...

But you guys are right. GT5 was at the 2010 E3 SONY conference. It was given a seven second mention, if that, right after the Sly Collection. We saw the, uhm... logo. :D

There was a discussion somewhere on the board about GT3 racing not really having that many rules and cars where mostly BoP'ed.

PD has no official license so all cars seem to come with a GR.X kit for a certain class. BoP seems to be applied as well. At least you won't see GR3 running against GR4 and so on. The Vision GT cars look pretty cool in those classes. If all VGT's can have liveries applied you could get a nice variation with pretty good looking GR.x cars.

Personally I can't wait to get my hands on that Vision GT GR.3 Peug and trying to get some cool livery on it :bowdown:
I guess some people can't enjoy any fantasy elements in a racing game, but I'm totally happy with this. I want to get my hands on the Peugeot VGT too, and experience it with that new physics. Now to watch that gameplay vid again before work...

Last edited:
I'm not too bothered about the fictional Gr. 3 cars - as long as their performance is balanced and they have somewhat appropriate aero, I'm fine with them. (That said, the VW Vision GT Gr. 3 could use a roof or at least a full rollcage akin to the Lotus 2-Eleven GT4.)

The GT3 class has seen wilder entrants in real life, after all.
morgan-aero-8-15.jpg
Truuuuuuuue but, that Peugeot is like a Saleen S7 or Carrera GT amongst the rest of the GT inspired cars. Though the Diablo was amongst other GT type cars in its day.

"It had to be rebuilt, GT6's version is outdated and ugly".
Actually, copy-paste every premiums, rework textures a bit for some, and boom, +400 cars. Probably black magic to their ears, common sense to me.

Well one thing's for sure, they didn't build some cars from scratch (and that would be a stupid thing to do). What you say is common sense until you consider marketing. GTS is already known as a low content game and players expect a big jump for a full GT. They could add all the older premiums and GTS would have only 400+ cars but considering how many cars PD does in a year GT7 would still have about 450-500 cars. And GTplanet would rage :D.

Instead they can show 137 of their best models now (for that quality over quantity approach) and save the rest for the big content jump in GT7.

I just watched the gameplay video, do race compound tyres really make that noise on every corner irl? The sound of it instantly took me back to the PS1 days, it seems slightly different but the same?

Well one thing's for sure, they didn't build some cars from scratch (and that would be a stupid thing to do). What you say is common sense until you consider marketing. GTS is already known as a low content game and players expect a big jump for a full GT. They could add all the older premiums and GTS would have only 400+ cars but considering how many cars PD does in a year GT7 would still have about 450-500 cars. And GTplanet would rage :D.

Instead they can show 137 of their best models now (for that quality over quantity approach) and save the rest for the big content jump in GT7.
What makes you think GT7 will contain them? Kaz said GT sport could have been called GT7 without a problem. Also if they want to play that game and make us wait another 3 years before GT7, then no, regardless of whether they put them or not. PD thinks we have limitless patience, that is not the case.

Nissan confirming that there will be a GT Academy 2016 as well as revealing the locations. Interestingly, it looks like there will be a GT Academy exclusive prologue.

Locations? i don't understand, will it be downloadable or we'll have to attend certain conventions?

That's an expensive carwash then.

Oh, but this is not just a car wash! The car is airlifted by helicopter to the top of Mount Fuji where first it gets aromatherapy, with an exclusive range of essential motor oils. Then a champagne tyre bath with massage followed by wrapping the body in hot linens with herbal compounds before it's time for waxing. Finally, the treatment ends with car-yoga and meditation.

Locations? i don't understand, will it be downloadable or we'll have to attend certain conventions?

The locations being Australia, Indonesia, Mexico, North Africa (Algeria, Egypt & Morocco), the Philippines and Thailand.

I don't know about how they're going to access it.

Nissan confirming that there will be a GT Academy 2016 as well as revealing the locations. Interestingly, it looks like there will be a GT Academy exclusive prologue.

"As part of the longstanding partnership with Nissan, Polyphony Digital are supporting this competition with a unique, early version of Gran Turismo Sport featuring Nissan only cars for the live recruitment phase of GT Academy 2016, meaning that those participating in GT Academy 2016 will be amongst the first to experience this early version of Gran Turismo Sport before its release date."

Knew it!

When though, is the question...

(wonder if any of the GTP crew know about this already... @Jordan only maybe?)

Oh, but this is not just a car wash! The car is airlifted by helicopter to the top of Mount Fuji where first it gets aromatherapy, with an exclusive range of essential motor oils. Then a champagne tyre bath with massage followed by wrapping the body in hot linens with herbal compounds before it's time for waxing. Finally, the treatment ends with car-yoga and meditation.

That was... inspiring.

Back