Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
It would help if you bothered to explain any of the ridiculous things you attempt to pass of as tautological.

'Tautological' - impressed 👍

As long as it was also included in GTS I don't see what harm it could do.

But they need to stop supporting it at some point, I guess? Just call it a day. I mean, everything ends, no?

Do you have a PS4, @Samus ?

But they need to stop supporting it at some point, I guess? Just call it a day. I mean, everything ends, no?

Do you have a PS4, @Samus ?

They should stop supporting it when they've met all of their advertised features or given a reasonable explanation why they can't. So far they have not done that, they've just said there won't be any more VGTs on PS3......because there won't, they're going to be on GTS instead.

No I don't have a PS4 but as I say I don't actually care about this specific issue, I don't care for VGTs, I just agree with the principle.

As long as it was also included in GTS I don't see what harm it could do.
Maybe a manufacturer demands the best graphics for their work, not in a game with standard tracks like Deep Forest and a black interior. It was "OK" in 2013, not anymore. I suppose that brand image is so important nowadays thanks to Twitter, FB... Ferrari is known for that : Ferrari and Chris Harris, Ferrari and Deadmau5 or Ferrari and games.

As a consumer, yes I agree. I'd like to see all the VGTs in GT6. Lots of empty promises from Poly but not the VGT IMO.
By the way, I think Poly doesn't control anything with VGTs. Imagine if Poly says : no more VGT please, we don't have the time for that. And a brand like Ford blackmails Poly : "if you don't accept our concept car, more expensive Ford license".

Oh come on. Am I really going to have to explain the different types of products in the world now?

It seems relevant. Why is a game that is available on disc and as a downloadable (but with future content to be added) treated differently from a season pass which is entirely future content?

I don't understand why they should be treated differently in terms of what happens when either fails to deliver. I'd be grateful if you'd explain it.

And a brand like Ford blackmails Poly : "if you don't accept our concept car, more expensive Ford license".

That sort of stuff almost certainly happens anyway. Ford wants certain cars featured, probably halo cars and it's current lineup that's on sale. What Polyphony wants may overlap to some extent, but they probably also want some of the more significant historical models. So they probably negotiate so that they can agree on both price and the content to be licensed.

I was looking for a little bit about the Japanese event, But it seems the new information is not anything.
I think it is the E3 Ver.

They should stop supporting it when they've met all of their advertised features or given a reasonable explanation why they can't. So far they have not done that, they've just said there won't be any more VGTs on PS3......because there won't, they're going to be on GTS instead.

No I don't have a PS4 but as I say I don't actually care about this specific issue, I don't care for VGTs, I just agree with the principle.

I only say that because having a PS4 may make me a bit more chilled about the lack of stuff that's carried over...
And it's been so long since I paid for GT6 that it doesn't seem like such a bad deal, having to buy another GT title to get the VGT's...

The principle is important, I agree, but I'm leaning towards giving the guy a bit of leeway on this.

Maybe a manufacturer demands the best graphics for their work, not in a game with standard tracks like Deep Forest and a black interior. It was "OK" in 2013, not anymore. I suppose that brand image is so important nowadays thanks to Twitter, FB... Ferrari is known for that : Ferrari and Chris Harris, Ferrari and Deadmau5 or Ferrari and games.

As a consumer, yes I agree. I'd like to see all the VGTs in GT6. Lots of empty promises from Poly but not the VGT IMO.
By the way, I think Poly doesn't control anything with VGTs. Imagine if Poly says : no more VGT please, we don't have the time for that. And a brand like Ford blackmails Poly : "if you don't accept our concept car, more expensive Ford license".
Funny how, when it suits them, GT supporters rave about how great the cars looked on the PS3, which they did, but when the tide changes, all of a sudden graphics were just "OK" in 2013. Yes, the VGT's on PS3 were horrific!!:yuck::yuck::

2015-alpine-gt6-vision-gt-46_1600x0w.jpg

mazda_lm55_vision_gt_4_by_nightmareracer85-d8b9i64.jpg

You must be right. Mazda and Alpine and the other VGT makers must be absolutely shuddering that they allow such low quality models to represent their company.

Funny how, when it suits them, GT supporters rave about how great the cars looked on the PS3, which they did, but when the tide changes, all of a sudden graphics were just "OK" in 2013. Yes, the VGT's on PS3 were horrific!!:yuck::yuck::

Why does this 'contradictory turncoats' line get trotted out so often?

It's always something like "well, funny how people (the subtext is you) slagged off x back then and NOW LOOK!"

I'm relatively new here, so it all seems a bit... odd - like a big running feud between 'GT supporters', as you put it, and some random opposition group (which seems to include you, @Johnnypenso I think. Am I getting this right?). I'm sure @queleuleu (or whoever that was aimed at) isn't a raging hypocrite, so why tar unnamed people with this random brush?

Genuine question!

Why does this 'contradictory turncoats' line get trotted out so often?

It's always something like "well, funny how people (the subtext is you) slagged off x back then and NOW LOOK!"

I'm relatively new here, so it all seems a bit... odd - like a big running feud between 'GT supporters', as you put it, and some random opposition group (which seems to include you, @Johnnypenso I think. Am I getting this right?). I'm sure @queleuleu (or whoever that was aimed at) isn't a raging hypocrite, so why tar unnamed people with this random brush?

Genuine question!
I think hes being sarcastic. But thats just me.

I think hes being sarcastic. But thats just me.

Fair, could be, but it happens so much, on so many different topics, and is used by so many different people, that it doesn't seem to be that.

Maybe it's just a running insider joke, and I missed it :embarrassed:

2015-alpine-gt6-vision-gt-46_1600x0w.jpg

mazda_lm55_vision_gt_4_by_nightmareracer85-d8b9i64.jpg

You must be right. Mazda and Alpine and the other VGT makers must be absolutely shuddering that they allow such low quality models to represent their company.
Are you some kind of troll? I know my English is not the best but I try to develop a honest opinion and this is your answer?! How old are you?! You are surely older than me but not in your brain apparently if you do such generalisation. Yes, this is a personal attack. Sorry, I'm not a part of the elite : Sim racers.

Are you some kind of troll? I know my English is not the best but I try to develop a honest opinion and this is your answer?! How old are you?! You are surely older than me but not in your brain apparently if you do such generalisation. Yes, this is a personal attack. Sorry, I'm not a part of the elite : Sim racers.
Black interiors were PD's choice, the models themselves were fine. Do you have an issue with the car exterior modeling from GT6? Do you think it's up to par in the gaming industry in general today? Can you explain if overall quality was the issue, how they got so many VGT's into the game to begin with?

I think @Johnnypenso actually compliments the GT6 graphics that are actually good even from last gen consoles. Yet somebody miss the point and call him elite sim racers.

Im not always agreed with him but come on, guys.
Exactly. The car modeling from GT6 is on par with just about anything available today. The slight differences in car modeling between GT6 and GTS are probably not even noticable to a casual viewer the way the track visuals are for example.

Exactly. The car modeling from GT6 is on par with just about anything available today. The slight differences in car modeling between GT6 and GTS are probably not even noticable to a casual viewer the way the track visuals are for example.

This is a really good point. The lighting model and the track environments (or information density, like car counts) are so much clearer an indication of a generational leap than car models.

7HO
I wish y'all did get VGT completed in GT6 and it wasn't in GTS because out of everything I have heard about GTS so far VGT is the biggest and one of the very few things I am disappointed by. I have no interest at all in VGT.
Then don't drive them?

There are a bunch of other cars that exist in real life in the game.

On the topic of original circuits, what happened to Seattle? It was revealed in the NSX trailer (along with some other locations) but hasn't been shown since.
Somewhere on the forum there is a photo showing leaderboard on Seattle with several Japanese drivers listed on it. I'm sure the track will appear in GTS.
As a manufacturer, would you like to see your concept car on a outdated hardware?
I think car manufacturers are more concerned about how you're going to depict handling of their brand new vehicles in planetary popular games such as Gran Turismo. If they were concerned about graphics, old driving games of PS1 era or before wouldn't stand a chance.

Certain poor-looking standard cars that went through both GT5 and GT6 clearly degraded identity of their manufacturers, yet PD still closely cooperates with them.

Before GTS was announced basically everyone assumed that the premiums were PS4 ready. That included all the VGTs.

For anyone to suggest that they're unacceptable now seems odd.

Hahaha, It's getting weird again.

:lol:

As far as the manufacturers are concerned, the VGT program is purely adverting, nothing more. A PR exercise where the main thing that matters is the impact it can have upon the most people it can possibly influence. If they are no longer going to be released on PS3, they probably feel that impact and influence ship has sailed for GT6.

As far a PD are concerned, well they will have the back end numbers. If they don't release the cars on the PS3 they will probably feel there is no need to continue if indeed it is their call to do so. Without knowing the ins and outs of the partnerships with each manufacturers I don't think we can blame one side or the other.

Personally, I don't care either way and let's all be honest here, neither do many of you guys, it's just another angle to take a jab or praise good guy / bad guy PD to suit whatever stance you take. Grow up people.

Hahaha, It's getting weird again.

:lol:

As far as the manufacturers are concerned, the VGT program is purely adverting, nothing more. A PR exercise where the main thing that matters is the impact it can have upon the most people it can possibly influence. If they are no longer going to be released on PS3, they probably feel that impact and influence ship has sailed for GT6.

As far a PD are concerned, well they will have the back end numbers. If they don't release the cars on the PS3 they will probably feel there is no need to continue if indeed it is their call to do so. Without knowing the ins and outs of the partnerships with each manufacturers I don't think we can blame one side or the other.

Personally, I don't care either way and let's all be honest here, neither do many of you guys, it's just another angle to take a jab or praise good guy / bad guy PD to suit whatever stance you take. Grow up people.

Don't be so bloody reasonable.

It's weird ;)

Then don't drive them?

There are a bunch of other cars that exist in real life in the game.
They will still be in races against me? By that I mean I will still have to look at imaginary cars that look out of place like convertibles in Gran Touring racing.

Also what if they offer a competitive advantage using their imaginary technology? They just do not sit right in a game like this and I think were a better fit in GT6.

7HO
They will still be in races against me? By that I mean I will still have to look at imaginary cars that look out of place like convertibles in Gran Touring racing.

To be fair (and slightly joking), its not impossible:

upload_2016-7-18_16-17-1.png

Its just as odd looking, but its not completely unrealistic. Maybe think of the VGTs that look off as 24 Hour specials. I mean hell, they race a Opel Manta in real life against a field that mostly didn't exist when it was first sold :lol:

I fired up GT1 and I think I know what has been missing, long outlawed for being too fast, Cerbera LM and Concept Car shall return to show how far we have come, and ask why they got kicked to the curb, while Sileighty kept coming back like Rasputen.

Seriously though, I think I juuust just might become a fan of GTS still.

Well, if you don't want to even see the VGT cars while playing, i think that is better to you to skip the game.

Really, so many non sense complaings here sometimes...

Back