Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I spun in the 2nd lap and passed 5 cars in the clean 3rd and last lap without spinning out..
In that case I'm very glad I've bought Assetto Corsa and I won't be buying this. If you spun out to last you should never catch up like that.

The AI has to be good enough to challenge most players and good enough means fight you and no way can you make a mistake and catch the pack in a GT length race.

In that case I'm very glad I've bought Assetto Corsa and I won't be buying this. If you spun out to last you should never catch up like that.

The AI has to be good enough to challenge most players and good enough means fight you and no way can you make a mistake and catch the pack in a GT length race.
The AI from AC is horrible. Sometimes I think I'm driving online against "crash kids"

I saw it. I even wrote a review after my visit at Gamescom.

If you don't believe us, this is your problem. But don't try to discredit us, especially if you have not played a demo.

It's not our fault if people choose easy or intermediate mode.

However, I found a video :

I'm not entirely sure what this video is supposed to prove other than the driver is **** lol.
He's taking the wrong approach for an oval track, braking mid corner & losing far to much speed on exit + hitting AI cars & the wall, no wonder he came last.

Regarding the AI, they still look like GT6. Put them on a fast track without to much breaking & they can be reasonably fun to race against, High Speed Ring, Daytona, a few TPE tracks like my 1960's Spa or my new Red Rock Valley.

Throw in some tight corners & that's where they fail, they brake far to early & don't defend.

The AI from AC is horrible. Sometimes I think I'm driving online against "crash kids"
Maybe with some cars but I race Alien AI all the time and nearly every contact I've had was my fault. I've also had plenty of clean races with damage on and no contact.

I'm not entirely sure what this video is supposed to prove other than the driver is **** lol.
He's taking the wrong approach for an oval track, braking mid corner & losing far to much speed on exit + hitting AI cars & the wall, no wonder he came last.

Regarding the AI, they still look like GT6. Put them on a fast track without to much breaking & they can be reasonably fun to race against, High Speed Ring, Daytona, a few TPE tracks like my 1960's Spa or my new Red Rock Valley.

Throw in some tight corners & that's where they fail, they brake far to early & don't defend.
Yes, but, this kind of driving in GT6 would result in a flawless victory.

👍

This is not the best driving, but it's far from catastrophic. And I confirm, same or worse driving in Gran Turismo 6, you win very easily.

Last edited:

Agreed, that's why I specifically said track's with minimal braking.
Have a 3-5 lap run on Daytona with un-tuned same spec cars like GT500 / Nascars or whatever & drive like he did in the video.
Admittedly you probably won't come in last but I doubt you'll win.

Edit: here you go, a better driver on a track with braking & he's 3rd at the end of lap 1.

Last edited:
So except for all of the things that matter, it's much better? Sorry, I don't see it. I mean you only really have to watch the first corner to see it's the same, what was that Aston doing on exit? It's the same old GT fare I'm afraid.

I never said it was much better, I said 'I think what people are talking about' ;) I do agree with folks that there is a progression from GT5/GT6 AI. I do agree with you it is not enough compared to other games on the market. That said, 90%+ of my time will be spent in Sport mode, so AI doesn't concern me much.

I saw it. I even wrote a review after my visit at Gamescom.

If you don't believe us, this is your problem. But don't try to discredit us, especially if you have not played a demo.

Unlike other aspects AI is something that can be judged on videos, without playing it. You can say whatever you want but I don't have to take your word for it just as you never take anyone's word for it when they give negative feedback.

I don't need to discredit you, Videos do that for me and every single one posted suggesting great AI has been anything but. They may be slightly better than GT6 but that doesn't take much effort and it isn't impressive. The AI, in every video I've seen, have still been very poor overall.

It's not our fault if people choose easy or intermediate mode.

No it isn't but there are plenty of Pro videos out there. They're still bad.

However, I found a video :

What about it? Someone driving terribly on a tiny oval is losing places. So what? You're seriously trying to suggest in GT6 he'd be winning the race with driving like that?

So come on, if the AI are so good SHOW us. With the thousands of videos out there, there must be one that shows it when a driver is driving properly. Post the evidence. Show me a video where they're taking alternative lines. Show me a video where they're fighting into a corner. Show me a video where they're not breaking early and slowing on exit.

I think that we don't need to fight for a game in the Beta stage.

Who is fighting? I'm having a discussion, on a discussion forum. AI is extremely important to someone like me that has little to no interest in online racing, so if it really is much better, I'd like to see it more than anyone. Unfortunately I've yet to do so at this stage. Will it be better at release? Perhaps, but people are claiming it's already much better so I'd like to see it.

Unlike other aspects AI is something that can be judged on videos, without playing it. You can say whatever you want but I don't have to take your word for it just as you never take anyone's word for it when they give negative feedback.

I don't need to discredit you, Videos do that for me and every single one posted suggesting great AI has been anything but. They may be slightly better than GT6 but that doesn't take much effort and it isn't impressive. The AI, in every video I've seen, have still been very poor overall.

No it isn't but there are plenty of Pro videos out there. They're still bad.

What about it? Someone driving terribly on a tiny oval is losing places. So what? You're seriously trying to suggest in GT6 he'd be winning the race with driving like that?

So come on, if the AI are so good SHOW us. With the thousands of videos out there, there must be one that shows it when a driver is driving properly. Post the evidence. Show me a video where they're taking alternative lines. Show me a video where they're fighting into a corner. Show me a video where they're not breaking early and slowing on exit.

Some what you want to see, was on my race, but i couldnt record it
The double line entry Ai, i could only past the 4th, the 3rd distance me at the exit ( 4th> apex, me middle overtaking him by outside, 3rd far outside but distance me at exit )
Plenty of video, but how many on correct difficulty and well driven ?
And no one here claim that the AI were perfect, you talk like someone did and want proof

Some what you want to see,

was on my race, but i couldnt record it
The double line entry Ai, i could only past the 4th, the 3rd distance me at the exit ( 4th> apex, me middle overtaking him by outside, 3rd far outside but distance me at exit )

So conveniently the better AI behaviour couldn't be recorded and has not been seen in videos that do exist.

I can only see what is put in front of me. Do you disagree with my analysis of the @ron86 video, for example? Did you see something I didn't?

If someone came along to this thread saying the graphics were terrible when they played it, would you accept that even if there is video evidence to the contrary? I think not.

And no one here claim that the AI were perfect, you talk like someone did and want proof

No I'm not. People have suggested there is a big improvement over GT6, I merely want to see evidence of it. Everything posted so far does not back up what they supposedly saw, it looks virtually the same as GT6.

Step forward ≠ good/how it suppose to be

Which is the thing with whole of GTS. It's suppose to be a whole new ERA for GT.

I don't care about minor steps forward over GT6. I want sound and AI to be excellent.

And really how much is worth the AI even if it's faster than before if they are still way too slow ?

So conveniently the better AI behaviour couldn't be recorded and has not been seen in videos that do exist.

I can only see what is put in front of me. Do you disagree with my analysis of the @ron86 video, for example? Did you see something I didn't?

If someone came along to this thread saying the graphics were terrible when they played it, would you accept that even if there is video evidence to the contrary? I think not.

No I'm not. People have suggested there is a big improvement over GT6, I merely want to see evidence of it. Everything posted so far does not back up what they supposedly saw, it looks virtually the same as GT6.
There re some event, hope someone will grab some good video
For his video, yes i see like you, nothing about ai behaviour has change. I see now why you talk about slow exit and brake early
But for my experience on the Nurburgring, it s different. It s not the same kind of hi speed curb, so i don't know
You need to wait for someone with good skill to see it. In good situation, you will see good behaviour. It s not on video with off road or bumping that we ll see how the ai react

I'm sure many of us here are looking forward to seeing what Polyphony brings to the table but I'm not sure if everyone will be end up purchasing it.
Look, I'll probably purchase the game regardless because it is GT after all you know... Even if it does have glaring issues.

Think about it for a player who has never owned a GT Game before, but likes the idea of racing fast cars.
They will pick up GT Sport off the shelf, read the packet and choose to buy it or not based on that info.
They will take it home, jump into an exceptionally rendered sports-car where they can race against AI or other real people in casual, or proper FIA Sanctioned* events.
Different events will be held daily, weekly, monthly, with new content available for a number of years through DLC.
Thing is, of all those things you mention, so far we have seen almost nothing. And when it comes to DLC, PD doesn't exactly have a great track record, considering what they promised and failed to deliver for GT6 (see also Slips comment that directly references one of Kaz's statements).

If you (generically, as a fan of cars and motorsport) can not find ANY fun in that, well. What hope does the world have.
Would you go back to watching movies in VHS, or black and white? Nope, your experience with DVD and BluRay have spoiled that. Same with GT vs other titles.

Why, one could almost call it a quantum leap in terms of DLC.
:lol: Pure gold. :D

Back