Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
So - playstation.com has 8 games listed as Coming Soon - One of which is GT Sport. Of the other 7 games they are all listed by order of their release date, from top-left to bottom-right. GT Sport is listed second to last, between Persona 5 and Injustice 2. Horizon launches in a few days, Nier, Ghost Recon, Mass Effect, and MLB launch throughout March. Persona 5 has a April 4th scheduled release date, and today they announced Injustice 2 is scheduled for release on May 19th. It will be interesting to see if they re-order the list with GT Sport at the end, or if this could be a hint that GT Sport is planned to release between April 4th and May 19th.

View attachment 630053

It's very interesting :) !

@andyparks I am pretty sure that video came out shortly after PD officially announced GT Sport. It already looked good, and now they have had a year+ to polish.

EDIT: it was last May

Humm... 900 pages... suspicious

We have achieved 900 pages, the slogan of GT Sport is "Drive the future of motorsports for the next 100 years" and right now GT Sport is 3 months from the original release date.

900/100=9 9/3=3

maxresdefault.jpg
or

1280px-Saab_9-3_rear_20071019.jpg

:sly:

Since i have nothing to say about GT Sport thanks to Polyphony Digital torturing us with silence, i decided to look back at older GT6 and well...

https://www.gtplanet.net/midfield-raceway-coming-to-gran-turismo-6/
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-update-1-16-now-available-midfield-raceway-b-spec-mini-vision-gt/

I can't believe it's been two years since the release of Midfield Raceway and B-Spec Mode for GT6 via update. It felt like it was just a year ago. I'm starting to feel old right now even thought i still feel like the same exact person in both personality and physical appearance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
New drinking game: when a Youtuber posts the old GTPlanet videos without the pre-roll and presents them as anything other than the Copper Box unveiling, take a shot.
I don't think moderators should be encouraging people to get themselves killed :lol:.
At least it will lower the amount of Anti-GT fanboy's (Forza, Pcars, AC...etc) and GT Fanboy's fighting on this lovely GTPlanet.

Since i have nothing to say about GT Sport thanks to Polyphony Digital torturing us with silence, i decided to look back at older GT6 and well...

https://www.gtplanet.net/midfield-raceway-coming-to-gran-turismo-6/
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-update-1-16-now-available-midfield-raceway-b-spec-mini-vision-gt/

I can't believe it's been two years since the release of Midfield Raceway and B-Spec Mode for GT6 via update. It felt like it was just a year ago. I'm starting to feel old right now even thought i still feel like the same exact person in both personality and physical appearance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least it will lower the amount of Anti-GT fanboy's (Forza, Pcars, AC...etc) and GT Fanboy's fighting on this lovely GTPlanet.
It's been a long time since I've seen any real fanboyism around here, fanboyism being blind loyalty to a game and vociferously defending it's shortcomings while defying all facts and logic. Seems to me, of all the places on the net where these things are discussed, GTP members are the most well informed and least biased fans on the net. But then I'm a GTP fanboy so what do I know:lol:

It's been a long time since I've seen any real fanboyism around here, fanboyism being blind loyalty to a game and vociferously defending it's shortcomings while defying all facts and logic. Seems to me, of all the places on the net where these things are discussed, GTP members are the most well informed and least biased fans on the net. But then I'm a GTP fanboy so what do I know:lol:

GTP fanboy - like it!
Me too :gtpflag:

Agreed, that's why I didn't get the GT6 15th Anniversary edition when it came out. And I'll be doing the same with GTS, regardless of all the incentives you'd get with a special edition, just takes away from the 'feel' if you know what I mean.

Eh, I just like having the extra pre order stuff for the sake of collecting.

To be honest I never even used the 15th anniversary cars aside from photomode unless I bought the stock version first. It's nice for the more casual players to start out with some pretty sweet cars but I'm just cool with that blue paint scheme and those nice decals.

And I already preordered GTS in like september I'm in it for the long haul at this point :P

I hope GTS will bring back pre-race Test Run mode, so that you can actually try out the car settings before using them in the actual race. This has been absent since GT4, what for?

Not that it would make any difference in GT5/6 since the AI wasn't fast, but for the sake of dedicated drivers who're using slower cars or want to set the fastest event time possible - it has to be there.

I hope GTS will bring back the fun. There are already so many sims on PC and consoles if I want to play a sim. And IMO, you can't sell 15 million copies of an eSport sim racing game. I'd love to see again the feeling of GT3 in GTSport. I can't believe it but I'm genuinely enjoying GT3 in 2017. They clearly lost their way.

I hope GTS will bring back the fun. There are already so many sims on PC and consoles if I want to play a sim. And IMO, you can't sell 15 million copies of an eSport sim racing game. I'd love to see again the feeling of GT3 in GTSport. I can't believe it but I'm genuinely enjoying GT3 in 2017. They clearly lost their way.
Did GT4 lose that element for you?

I hope GTS will bring back pre-race Test Run mode, so that you can actually try out the car settings before using them in the actual race. This has been absent since GT4, what for?

Not that it would make any difference in GT5/6 since the AI wasn't fast, but for the sake of dedicated drivers who're using slower cars or want to set the fastest event time possible - it has to be there.

I think Qualifying was great in GT3, shame the removed and only used it for online.

Did GT4 lose that element for you?

It definitely was the turning point for me. Despite having completed the game back in the day, I can't say I consider it one of my favorites. Most of the races were actually too easy, and those that were difficult were plainly too difficult to be enjoyable. Some of the prize cars were terribly useless and sometimes not quite worth the effort you put in to receive them. B-spec was terrible, no matter how much training Bob had, he simply couldn't match my laptimes and would often fall back, something that was annoying in the longer endurance races.

It simply became tiring and felt like a chore rather than a game.

I'd love to see again the feeling of GT3 in GTSport. I can't believe it but I'm genuinely enjoying GT3 in 2017. They clearly lost their way.

100% this. GT3 showed that less really is more, and that the devil was in the detail, with neat features like qualifying and replay data logger and so on. I really hope GTS channels some of that aspect with it being a 'fresh start' for GT on a new(ish) platform.

Plus you're not the only one enjoying GT3 still, as I still pop back on it from time to time. Heck I still thoroughly enjoy GT2, and have recently been playing through it. Even planning on getting GT4 back out and play through that properly, and hopefully get a copy of GT1 once and for all (yes, somehow, I've never officially owned GT1 myself).

Back