Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
From a few things i have come across on the net by people who have hada close look at it, they're positive it isn't a direct drive wheel.

:odd:

Wheel hasn't been playable anywhere other than at PoDi HQ and this last Playstation Experience thing I think. And only displayed at Copperbox.

nuovo-Thrustmaster-T500RS.jpg

And this bottom does look like a "unboltable" DD motor.

:odd:

Wheel hasn't been playable anywhere other than at PoDi HQ and this last Playstation Experience thing I think. And only displayed at Copperbox.

nuovo-Thrustmaster-T500RS.jpg

And this bottom does look like a "unboltable" DD motor.
Sorry need to see a press release or link to TM website, assumption and speculation only ends up in p*ssing matches

I remember a couple of weeks ago @Dionisiy said "release will be sooner than you think", and liked someone's post who guessed it would be released in "May-June". This is quite possibly a genuine date...

Sweet, I won't be buying it since I don't have a PS4 but I'm glad GT fans will finally get to play it.

Seems like a smart move (although it could backfire) to have a surprise quick release, it could make some fans forget how long they actually had to wait to get a "next gen" game.

I remember a couple of weeks ago @Dionisiy said "release will be sooner than you think", and liked someone's post who guessed it would be released in "May-June". This is quite possibly a genuine date...

I am sure these are only retailer placeholders/guesses. Nothing official yet! 👍

That was me, when I said June ;). I think April is far too early after the beta unless the game is near completion (apart from few bugs) for release and they are building up the beta slowly just to test the servers only on to a full open beta (maybe) as they said keep an eye out near to release for future beta and then release! (I do think this side of Summer though and not Q3 or Q4)

Since when does a Mercedes-AMG GT3 boast 600hp? I thought it had around 520-530hp, but look here:

(Go to 1:14:51)

Since never. All the cars on GT Sport will have masive fake BOP to adjust their performance with the VGT.

Is the AMG GT3, the 2016 car ? It does rated at 600HP IRL ( AFAIK before any BOP ), event organizer BOP may vary. BOP is just that, balancing the performance of cars participating in a race series, there's no such thing as fake BOP. BOP IRL could change even during a race season and every season, there's always changes.

Is the AMG GT3, the 2016 car ? It does rated at 600HP IRL ( AFAIK before any BOP ), event organizer BOP may vary. BOP is just that, balancing the performance of cars participating in a race series, there's no such thing as fake BOP. BOP IRL could change even during a race season and every season, there's always changes.
It is indeed, the 2016 car, the one that raced in the Nurburgring 24h (Mercedes Benz #29 AMG Team HTP Motorsport AMG GT3 '16). I always thought it had around 520-535hp though

I did a quick search and in all the places they say 490-550 for the AMG GT3.

As a fake bop I was trying to say that it performs exagerated hp. Maybe in some places like Spa they were performing higher power (when they qualified 1-2 seconds faster than the rest of the cars).

Nissan GTR Nismo GT3 has 600 hp

In game BOP can differ to real life BOP, just like different race series has different BOP of the same car. The new AMG GT3 said to have been restricted to 550HP for BOP purpose ( MotorTrend Randy Pobst test ) The engine itself should be capable of 600HP or more when unrestricted.

It is indeed, the 2016 car, the one that raced in the Nurburgring 24h (Mercedes Benz #29 AMG Team HTP Motorsport AMG GT3 '16). I always thought it had around 520-535hp though

That power number is BOP figure for the 24H Nurb event, the car will also be used in 2017 IMSA GTD, it may have more power than 535HP.

The Mercedes-AMG GT3's engine is the same M159 you'll find in the SLS. That produced 622hp at the end of its life. When tested by magazines last year, the GT-based GT3 was said to produce 550hp with 36mm restrictor plates in place.

I did a quick search and in all the places they say 490-550 for the AMG GT3.

As a fake bop I was trying to say that it performs exagerated hp. Maybe in some places like Spa they were performing higher power (when they qualified 1-2 seconds faster than the rest of the cars).

The AMG GT3 definitely could touch 600HP ( it uses the old 6.2 engine from SLS GT3 ), the 550HP AMG GT3 BOP with restrictor at 36mm. The 2016 GT World Cup at Macau has the AMG GT3 restricted with 34.5mm restrictor ( should be closer to 600HP ) The AMG GT3 also said could get lighter than 1300kg, but BOP and getting the car balanced in terms of handling, made it stays around 1300kg.

:ouch: Treed by @Famine, didn't refresh the page.

More info : for 2017 ROLEX 24 Daytona, the AMG GT3 BOP is 1320kg, with 2 restrictor sized at 34.5mm.

Last edited:
I was was watching footage on youtube and I actually saw the springs on the STI while it was cornering hard a Brands Hatch! Thats awesome. AC has this also, but I wonder if they fully modeled the tires.

Hey guys, first time poster! I'm a bit of a casual GT fan, but I am invested in the series, still trying to figure out if GTS is for me. I have it pre-ordered and will likely pick it up just to show off my 4K set I get this year, but I'm still hoping for an update on the content.

I usually skip the second iteration of GT every gen. So I played GT, GT3, GT5, and now eagerly awaiting GTS. However, my time is 80% dedicated to 1) Getting licenses to compete in races 2) competing in races to earn a ton of credits, 3) spending credits on cool cars 4) watching replays of said cool cars. I love to see my old Honda Civic or Subaru in my garage, tune it up with some turbo engine upgrades I can't understand and blaze through the dumb AI. Is this aspect completely gone now in GTS? I think that was a major draw for a lot of people. I'm ok with it not being as many cars in the beginning, I think it said something around 150, which is more than I ever collected in my garage, but I'm still hoping everything is not tailored to online and I can still get a sense of accomplishment out of it. Otherwise, my time with the game might be pretty limited to 15-20 hours ogling over the graphics and then being too intimidated to actually race against others. I usually invest 50-60 hours in my GT games.

So I guess what I'm asking from early beta guys is how is the "Poke'cars" aspect of the game? Still enough single player content available? Are you still earning credits? And is the old campaign now merged with the multi-player stuff? Like you earn credits/new cars for placing well in races and there's mini-leagues and all that other jazz? I would be fine racing online, especially since it encourages you to race the proper way if I didn't have to actually win first place to earn rewards.

Back