Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I'm trying to remember, was GT Academy available to all PS3 owners? If a player didn't own Gran Turismo, I think it would be the same with the PS4.

I haven't the slightest idea how many PS4s have been sold through today. Surely GTACADEMY 2016 will be run on the new system.
The ones where it was a standalone demo, yes. Otherwise you needed either GT5 or GT6 to compete, which still technically makes it available to everyone that owned a PS3 at the time.

PS4 was around 39 million as of the last update Sony gave on that, which I believe was their post-holiday sales update about 2 months ago.

The ones where it was a standalone demo, yes. Otherwise you needed either GT5 or GT6 to compete, which still technically makes it available to everyone that owned a PS3 at the time.

PS4 was around 39 million as of the last update Sony gave on that, which I believe was their post-holiday sales update about 2 months ago.

If GT Academy only need 12(?)finalists, I'm sure they can find 12 out of a possible 39million. I'm going with the PS4.

And That's how GTA 2016 is announced, in a NISMO video. Just all seems odd to me. Like, why?

What video are we exactly talking about? I saw a NISMO comercial the other day, it showed previous GTAcademy footage, but not really saying anything in regards of 2016 season, just #gtacademy and thats it

I'd say that's a DS3 based on the shape of the handles.

And perhaps further reinforced by the banner Nismo TV's YouTube Channel is currently using...

Nismo%20TV%20Banner%20March%202016_zps6bny5ypr.png

And That's how GTA 2016 is announced, in a NISMO video. Just all seems odd to me. Like, why?

PD has never announced GT Academy, Its usually been Nissan (or more recently, Nismo) that usually does.

Makes no sense to use PS3 to me, its an otherwise dead platform in terms of new first party content and people have had plenty of time to get a PS4, its not new anymore. If someone is serious about winning, they'll buy a PS4. Plus of course there is quite conveniently a PS4 GT release due by the end of next month.

As others said it makes sense they're practising on GT6, just as people pracitsed on GT5 before that GT6 demo came along. There is nothing more current to use.

Not to keep banging on the same drum but that PS3 wheel stand is NOT related to this year's gtacademy, it was just a press event for test driving their cars and they announced when will be the launch event of this year's GTacademy (next month). this pod was there for entertainment and means nothing.

What does that mean for GTSport? no idea, it's likely the beta will be involved somehow but it's not unlikely the live events will use GT6.

we might now tomorrow we might not.

Plus of course there is quite conveniently a PS4 GT release due by the end of next month.

Can we please stop with all these artificial deadlines? Not a single person, in or around PD, has said "End of April." They've said "Early 2016" and then "Spring 2016"

So, no... GTS is NOT "due by the end of next month" just because you've decided so.

Can we please stop with all these artificial deadlines? Not a single person, in or around PD, has said "End of April." They've said "Early 2016" and then "Spring 2016"

So, no... GTS is NOT "due by the end of next month" just because you've decided so.
Early. :)

It's not @Samus that said "early 2016", it's currently on the official website.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/nz/products/gtsport/

If you want a bone to pick, pick it with them.

Found some photos from Nissan Egypt Twitter #gt academy ?

View attachment 526121

View attachment 526122
GTAcademy 2016 will be on a kart track confirmed. :sly:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but re: beta release date I thought there was only one rule. Only what PD state matters?

Given that rule, there is only one date from PD and that is "Early 2016". AFAIK, only the PSblog/not PD have stated "Spring"?

It is now mid March and my interpretation of early is up to the end of March. If it comes out in April or later then it would have slipped, IMO.

I think I'm just gonna do what I do until something comes around where I can buy a PS4 and some new games, which will probably be Project CARS and Assetto Corsa. I might think about GT Sport, but I'm starting to find that through all the speculation and impatience, I'm getting to the point where this forum is spoiling my views on the Gran Turismo franchise. Plain and simple....I'm getting too old for this crap.

Back