Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
It's currently $200 on Amazon.
The G27 was running around 225 with 3 pedals and a shifter before they became scarce, so it makes the 200 tag seem pretty steep for something like a DFGT.
Looks like the UK/Europe is getting a good deal on T150's, the G29 is £240 and the T150 is £106 on Amazon right now. So the G29 is the normal $ = £ price, but the T150 is almost half the US price on that basis.

Looks like the UK/Europe is getting a good deal on T150's, the G29 is £240 and the T150 is £106 on Amazon right now. So the G29 is the normal $ = £ price, but the T150 is almost half the US price on that basis.
The G29 is running $379.99 here. :(

I believe it is a real world promotional photo using the full size LM55 model Mazda made and have shown off at various motor shows around the world.

Right.

2015_Mazda_LM55_Vision_Gran_Turismo_003_9131.jpg

The trees in the upper right are also odd looking and seem to be lacking a lot of detail even though they're somewhat out of focus. I can't find a real world shot of a similar angle to compare though. I'm definitely leaning towards it being a digital world in that shot.

Doing a reverse image search yields articles from a year ago, mostly referring to the LM55 being part of the signature sculpture at the Festival of Speed. Here's one which also has a couple of other similar images:

mazda-goodwood-sculpture-005-1.jpg

mazda-goodwood-sculpture-006-1.jpg

At first glance they look like renderings of the car "superimposed" (I forget the correct term) onto real-world images, much like those concept images that were found in PD's offices at the end of last year.

At first glance they look like renderings of the car "superimposed" (I forget the correct term) onto real-world images, much like those concept images that were found in PD's offices at the end of last year.

I agree with this. The original press release with the photos is here, but it offers no further information about the images and without a journalist login you can't even enlarge them.

So your previous statement was just a guess then?

Please remind me what we got from PD each year at the N24.
I think he just wanted to let us know that he thinks that this could happen. :)

Although, remember the 2013 N24? PD did show some GT6 footage back then, but in a very cheeky way.

Really sorry for the confusion caused.

All official press photos of Mazda LM55 VGT scale model in Mine proving ground (owned by Mazda) are here.

full

full

full

full

OMG OMG THATS GTSPOOOORT!!!!!

I mean come on people I know that we had "leaked" GTS concept art and all that but this doesn't look like GTS at all
it don't even look like a game... Besides there is no watermark GT logo anywhere

OMG OMG THATS GTSPOOOORT!!!!!

I mean come on people I know that we had "leaked" GTS concept art and all that but this doesn't look like GTS at all
it don't even look like a game... Besides there is no watermark GT logo anywhere
What? :odd:

I think he's making fun of the people who assume anything and everything to do with GT is from a game. Although I'm not aware of anyone who actually thought that was in-game...

Yeah preety much, if you scroll up you can see that someone posted pics of mazda vgt and then people started having ridicolous theories of how it is a GTS screenshot

UMMMMM I dunno man that 60 sign sure does have GT vibe to it, it must be GTS...
I think we get your point, you can probably lay off the sarcasm for now.

Especially since sarcasm (and tone in general) doesn't always transfer 100% through text, and will probably just create more confusion in a thread that already is more confusing than a labyrinth as of late.

Cheapest in UK T150 has been is £44.99 (Currently £99.98) although likely misprice that got honoured. G29 cheapest was £159.99 (Currently £179.99). T300 cheapest £189.99 (Currently £199.85). T300 I think offers best value.
Brings back the memories of fierce debate a couple of years ago when people were convinced a picture of cars exiting a pit-lane on the GT Blog was in-game. I think it was LMPs at the exit of Fuji.

Found it:
wec01_thumb.jpg

Spoiler: It wasn't in-game.
IIRC people thought reality didn't look real enough due to thinking it's GT.

Cheapest in UK T150 has been is £44.99 (Currently £99.98) although likely misprice that got honoured. G29 cheapest was £159.99 (Currently £179.99). T300 cheapest £189.99 (Currently £199.85). T300 I think offers best value.

IIRC people thought reality didn't look real enough due to thinking it's GT.

I will buy a wheel if GTS turns out any good, T300RS is gorgeous but it comes with 2 pedals and I would like to have shifter w/clutch, g29 already comes with 3 pedals so that's the one I'm going for. Also addons for g29 are cheaper.

First eRace on rFactor 2, hopefully GT SPORT is more serious than this. :lol:

I will buy a wheel if GTS turns out any good, T300RS is gorgeous but it comes with 2 pedals and I would like to have shifter w/clutch, g29 already comes with 3 pedals so that's the one I'm going for. Also addons for g29 are cheaper.
All three wheels don't seem that reliable. T300 wheel strength, smoothness and speed is quite impressive compared to a G27. Using one for a little time and then going back to G27 made it feel like it was broken. :lol: Also extra pedal resolution Thrustmaster wheels offer seemed to make a noticeable difference.

Hoping Logitech provide drivers to PD for ones currently not supported so I can use my G27 without an adapter. Really hope there will be a new GT wheel that is well built.

Brings back the memories of fierce debate a couple of years ago when people were convinced a picture of cars exiting a pit-lane on the GT Blog was in-game. I think it was LMPs at the exit of Fuji.

Found it:
wec01_thumb.jpg

Spoiler: It wasn't in-game.

Not gonna lie, I was kinda tempted to recreate that photo in PCARS and then make a fake news leak :lol:

First eRace on rFactor 2, hopefully GT SPORT is more serious than this. :lol:

What the... are they running the game on the lowest graphics settings? I know rFactor 2 isn't the prettiest sim on the market but it looks like there's no shader detail at all, nor is there any anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering.

What the... are they running the game on the lowest graphics settings? I know rFactor 2 isn't the prettiest sim on the market but it looks like there's no shader detail at all, nor is there any anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering.
Does show one thing accurately. The only thing more boring than watching electric car racing is watching virtual electric car racing.

Back