Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I think I'm just gonna do what I do until something comes around where I can buy a PS4 and some new games, which will probably be Project CARS and Assetto Corsa. I might think about GT Sport, but I'm starting to find that through all the speculation and impatience, I'm getting to the point where this forum is spoiling my views on the Gran Turismo franchise. Plain and simple....I'm getting too old for this crap.
Game of the Year edition of PCars coming out soon. Includes all the DLC and some other bonus stuff. Supposed to be coming out in spring but I don't know if that's PD spring or calender spring (Northern Hemisphere):sly:

Game of the Year edition of PCars coming out soon. Includes all the DLC and some other bonus stuff. Supposed to be coming out in spring but I don't know if that's PD spring or calender spring (Northern Hemisphere):sly:
lmao im thinking the same thing as well :3:lol:

:confused: Where does that rule comes from? Is it insanely unsafe to consider SCEE’s Marketing Manager has firsthand intel on the game?

The official website is a constant, it can be updated at any time with the latest information. That blog post is a post in time, it was written on that day and never updated.

If someone was looking for up to date information on a game release what are they likely to believe, the date given on the present day version of the official website or the date on a blog post by the publisher 5 months ago?

Also to answer your question, yes it is unsafe to trust SCE reps when talking about GT.

https://www.gtplanet.net/sony-plans-for-quantum-leap-with-gran-turismo-6-dlc/

You can't even trust US based producers

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-tracks-dlc-monthly/

“Where we really want to improve [with GT6] is the area of the online experience and make it more interactive and engage with communities around Gran Turismo, because we think the genre lends itself really well to that.”

That went well, didn't it...
Flawlessly executed.

The official website is a constant, it can be updated at any time with the latest information.

Unless I'm mistaken it hasn't.

That blog post is a post in time, it was written on that day and never updated.

If someone was looking for up to date information on a game release what are they likely to believe, the date given on the present day version of the official website or the date on a blog post by the publisher 5 months ago?

As both informations where published on the same date, they probably brake even in terms of believability. They’re consistent and offer a variable amount of overlap depending on how you decide to slice a year in 2,3 or 4.

Trust is outside of the point of my question, there sure were announcements made that didn’t confirmed from both sides so here again they brake even. And since considering the “hope for the best, prepare for the worst” appears like a safe approach to the game, opting for the longest timeframe possible sounds rather reasonable…

GT6 as a rant thread if I remember correctly.

Unless I'm mistaken it hasn't.

As both informations where published on the same date, they probably brake even in terms of believability. They’re consistent and offer a variable amount of overlap depending on how you decide to slice a year in 2,3 or 4.

Trust is outside of the point of my question, there sure were announcements made that didn’t confirmed from both sides so here again they brake even. And since considering the “hope for the best, prepare for the worst” appears like a safe approach to the game, opting for the longest timeframe possible sounds rather reasonable…

GT6 as a rant thread if I remember correctly.
Outside of GT fans clamoring to excuse PD with their precious, I've yet to see a person agree that "slicing" a year in two, and calling Jan 1st to June 30th "early" is anything but idiotic.
Try asking someone you know today.
"Is June early in the year"? Wait for stupid looks and faces. "Well what if I said there are only 2 parts? Early and Late!" Watch even more stupid looks and faces, followed by someone asking if you got enough sleep or hit your head.

Here's something that you may have missed.

Let me take us a little more into the mind of what Polyphony think. Because Polyphony didn't write those English pages, someone translated them from the Japanese. So let's take a look at the source.

The official gran-turismo.com site and the Playstation blog both use exactly the same phrase in Japanese, 初旬. I've never seen it used with years before, it's usually used with months but in that situation it denotes the first third (or ten days in the case of a month). It's part of a natural system of dividing into thirds, and there's no real way to interpret it as half at all. That would be written completely differently.

By the Japanese text, the intention would be for the beta to start somewhere from January to April. May would be beyond what they've written. This is not vague, this is simply a poor English translation.

Both early and spring are vague translations of the original Japanese, and neither are completely accurate. In all likelihood, they were translated by different people.

You can try and believe what you want based on the various English versions, but they're second-hand information. The definitive text is the Japanese because Polyphony and Sony are both Japanese. And the Japanese doesn't vary between the official GT site and the PS blog.

Poorly translated Japanese…I'm disqualified…I surrender! By the way I have no idea when GT Sport public beta comes out, we could get it anytime now. The reason I mention E3 is because I fail to see the added value for Sony to release it beforehand… then suddenly GT Academy pops out… who knows...

Poorly translated Japanese…I'm disqualified…I surrender! By the way I have no idea when GT Sport public beta comes out, we could get it anytime now. The reason I mention E3 is because I fail to see the added value for Sony to release it beforehand… then suddenly GT Academy pops out… who knows...

Not sure what you mean here, GTA is due next month isn't it?

CdmJKlxWwAEoWJU.jpg:large

Sorry guys, it had to be done.

Well the hope remains then that the beta arrives on time, sometime next month ;), along with GTA.

@Brend I am appalled by that image. :yuck:

I mean, a "contributing writer" using Comic Sans, what's wrong with you man?
That was part of the joke @Samus come on!

Back