Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Wow, everyone was so hyped a few hours ago, it seems to have all turned to disappointment.

I mean...we were all expecting insane new sounds. A lot of what we've heard so far isn't improved too much. I can see why people are disappointed.

But hey! 50% There's room for improvement there!

(though it does worry me that it's 50% and only 6 months until release)

Personally would have put Jordan on presenting and Ben Edwards and Ordonez on commentary.

I would agree with you. Jordan's commentary doesn't sound exciting at all.

Also replace the observer. Please. Camera work is all over the place.

zOWspvR.png

FTFY. After seeing the races earlier, I'm less then confident.

Except our expectations have been raised by what GT's competitors have been able to do.

Why? It always never works out the way you guys want it, I'd thought you'd learn that by now.

I mean...we were all expecting insane new sounds. A lot of what we've heard so far isn't improved too much. I can see why people are disappointed.

But hey! 50% There's room for improvement there!

(though it does worry me that it's 50% and only 6 months until release)
I think that the game will probably get delayed or they will pull a GT6 and have a to release all of the features via updates.

I'm curious how they would bullet point new and improved gameplay features because I'm not really seeing any. Tone the graphics down, it's GT6. I'm sorry, it just is.

Ignoring what new stuff we may/may not hear at E3 or wherever, I think your point heavily depends on the accessability of the e-sport side of the game. If they've made it something that pretty much everyone will want to jump into rather than just the top guys, then that's not just a new feature, that's a whole new platform for the series. I think it would be a significant selling point on its own if they can pull that off. The information from the conference (like the driver performance/safety ratings, and the various competition bands) sounds very promising, but we'll see.

Of course gameplay additions would be nice too - I'm certainly with you in being disappointed if they haven't managed to bring weather and time changes over to this generation of GT yet.

I would agree with you. Jordan's commentary doesn't sound exciting at all.

Also replace the observer. Please. Camera work is all over the place.
It's not that he's a poor commentator, I think his knowledge would work better in presenting and Edwards is a C4 commentator so why not use him for that?

The stream production is a bit rough, but GTS's e-sports game seems strong.

Graphics are gorgeous... shadows are occasionally a bit low-res and flickery, and there's some mild aliasing visible when the game is standing still (which isn't often) but overall it's a great-looking game.

Sounds... not great, but they seem perfectly serviceable. Physics? Remains to be fully expressed, but I've always been reasonably satisfied with GT's realistic-but-not-top-tier physics so I'll probably be happy regardless of how they pan out.

Not everyone. I'll reserve judgement until I actually play it.
Same. So far I'm not impressed, but then again we've seen very little of the game and the format of the whole stream sucks. I think the real meat of the game has yet to be shown.

Latest Posts

Back