Gran Turismo Sport Update 1.65

On my ps4 pro, ACC is unplayable. It’s blurry.
On my pc it looks nice. I mean I couldn’t ever agree to anyone saying graphics don’t matter in a video game.
Honestly the graphics are sad on my pro, the frame rates awful.

While I know you shouldn't need to do that, but try setting your PS4 Pro to 1080p output to play ACC instead of 4K, it will get rid of the blurriness. On my base PS4, while framerate is obviously not great, its definitely not blurry at all in 1080p. I think they messed up the dynamic resolution/checkerboard on PS4 Pro trying to get it to output to 4K at 60fps.

And I didn't mean I don't care about graphics, but on a racing sim, I prioritize other things. And as I said, at 1080p, I still find console ACC looks fairly decent. I agree that GTS and DR2.0 obviously look much better though, indeed.

Last edited:
One thing to note if you haven’t already, on ps5 you need to set output to 1080 BEFORE launching acc, otherwise the graphics will be the muddy version.
1080 setting you get upgraded textures, improved lod and smooth 60fps, massive difference.
Yeah, I did that it it still looks awful. Better, though. But I have my wheel set up directly in front of a 55" so it's not good enough
Here's hoping for that update.

While I know you shouldn't need to do that, but try setting your PS4 Pro to 1080p output to play ACC instead of 4K, it will get rid of the blurriness. On my base PS4, while framerate is obviously not great, its definitely not blurry at all in 1080p. I think they messed up the dynamic resolution/checkerboard on PS4 Pro trying to get it to output to 4K at 60fps.

And I didn't mean I don't care about graphics, but on a racing sim, I prioritize other things. And as I said, at 1080p, I still find console ACC looks fairly decent. I agree that GTS and DR2.0 obviously look much better though, indeed.

I tried that before, but it’s no matter anyways since I run that on pc.
I’m sorry but on a big tv if I can’t read the meter marker numbers, and the frame rate is abysmal...well it’s unplayable.
When the game requires me to individually reset wheel rotation any car switch and will not save it it’s unplayable.
When I am in career and am busy winning a race for the first time and the game glitches me stuck in the pits it’s unplayable.
I’m just sorry graphics and frame rate are important.
I have a minimum standard. On pc I run 120 frames 1080 and games look fantastic.
The ffb actually works on pc as well not crap like ACC console ffb is waay lacking in comparison. It’s better than GTS ffb but it’s not like pc.
It’s good on pc, not console.
I tried it again a couple days ago on pro again to confirm.
I played it a fair bit to rank up on console but just gave up.
Couldn’t handle all the quality issues.
I mean there’s too many titles out there to bother with a game that runs like junk

So... 3.3GB worth of textures?

The tracks must have a second entry with the Olympic imagery applied, those World Tour Finals tracks have their own entries in the track database and have changes, but only the thumbnails remain in the game updates.

iirc, both Tokyo and Sardenga are around 1.6GB a piece unpacked, Dragon 1.1GB, add in whatever else related to the Olympic Games and the 3.3GB size makes sense.

Last edited:
I tried that before, but it’s no matter anyways since I run that on pc.
I’m sorry but on a big tv if I can’t read the meter marker numbers, and the frame rate is abysmal...well it’s unplayable.
When the game requires me to individually reset wheel rotation any car switch and will not save it it’s unplayable.

I’m just sorry graphics and frame rate are important.
I have a minimum standard. On pc I run 120 frames 1080 and games look fantastic.

If you have a PC that's good enough to run ACC at 120fps, then fair enough, you can stay away from the console version. I would do the same... ;)

In my personal experience on base PS4 though, I have only played it on a 40'' TV and a 27'' monitor and I can read everything clearly without any effort. Frame rate is low but quite stable, although I have seen videos from friends who have had stutters and very bad dips which would make it even nauseous to drive. I haven't experienced anything like that myself however, not sure why. And yeah, the fact that you need to change the degree of rotation manually is a small hassle, but not a serious one for me, I don't change car too often (and it does save correctly).

ACC doesn’t look great on a PS4, 100%, but it’s hardly “unplayable”.

And my eyes are only 23” from the screen on my rig.
Graphically the only thing that bothered me about this game was the trees flickering, but I'm hardly looking at the trees when I'm racing so it's really been a non-issue. I think a lot of people are missing out.

If you have a PC that's good enough to run ACC at 120fps, then fair enough, you can stay away from the console version. I would do the same... ;)

In my personal experience on base PS4 though, I have only played it on a 40'' TV and a 27'' monitor and I can read everything clearly without any effort. Frame rate is low but quite stable, although I have seen videos from friends who have had stutters and very bad dips which would make it even nauseous to drive. I haven't experienced anything like that myself however, not sure why. And yeah, the fact that you need to change the degree of rotation manually is a small hassle, but not a serious one for me, I don't change car too often (and it does save correctly).

To be fair, yes, if the game runs and it’s good enough to not get stutters and lost frames etc, the driving in gt cars is better than gts, the ffb too. Plus, the crash physics and ratings and as I said before the progression and ratings give you that sense of progress.
However even given all those things, given if you can handle the graphics, there were not many players online, and the competition server races looked to be like 45 minutes long plus a long qualifying.
If I were them I would make races 15-20 minutes long in a daily race format like gts but even then, a game needs players.
It’s never going to have playerbase anywhere near not even same universe as GTS.
I would say to people who enjoy purely the experience of simulated driving, and racing vs quality AI pc is far superior for that compared to console excepting Dirt Rally 2 on console.
To me that has a fabulous fabulous driving. If you are a person that values what I listed above imo you owe it to yourself to get DIRT RALLY 2.
It’s absolutely fabulous. It runs smooooooth
The experience of cars mass and slide and the EPIC sound quality and graphics. THAT is the best console pure drive experience imo.
The car sounds the engine notes are RAUCOUS EPIC GREST GREAT and blow everything else away.
But like I said if a person can get ACC on console to run smooth than ok.
Maybe it’s not unplayable. The video above looks fine, but that’s not what I see when I try it on console.
The wheel rotations being jacked up is just awful
Plus to make matters worse many of the listed rotations settings for console online are incorrect
this is made obvious on pc where things work correctly.
On pc it’s great very plug and play with perfect wheel pedal response even steering wheel controls etc.
Thing is IF you get pc you can also drive things like rfactor2....
Also on console project cars 2 has some really cool content, runs ok, has glitches, ffb is kinda iffy but there’s a ton more content I’d prefer it to ACC or AC console any day as well.
It has fantastic kart circuits, try the Penske Camaro at Big Willow..,
Some of it has an excellent raw look to it not perfectly clean like in GTS.
There’s a TON of content, but some of its quality is bad. Even though it feels funky in the ffb I think it’s better than ACC overall, even if ACC drives better and the ffb makes sense.

Last edited:
To be fair, yes, if the game runs and it’s good enough to not get stutters and lost frames etc, the driving in gt cars is better than gts, the ffb too. Plus, the crash physics and ratings and as I said before the progression and ratings give you that sense of progress.
However even given all those things, given if you can handle the graphics, there were not many players online, and the competition server races looked to be like 45 minutes long plus a long qualifying.
If I were them I would make races 15-20 minutes long in a daily race format like gts but even then, a game needs players.
It’s never going to have playerbase anywhere near not even same universe as GTS.
But like I said if a person can get ACC on console to run smooth than ok.
Maybe it’s not unplayable. The video above looks fine, but that’s not what I see when I try it on console.

Yep, game runs relatively smooth for me, same experience as @Pigems' video above. As for the playerbase, I don't think any proper sim will ever have a playerbase such as GT, they are different type of products.

I would say to people who enjoy purely the experience of simulated driving, and racing vs quality AI pc is far superior for that compared to console excepting Dirt Rally 2 on console.
To me that has a fabulous fabulous driving. If you are a person that values what I listed above imo you owe it to yourself to get DIRT RALLY 2.
It’s absolutely fabulous. It runs smooooooth
The experience of cars mass and slide and the EPIC sound quality and graphics. THAT is the best console pure drive experience imo.

I do have DiRT Rally 2.0 since they made a it a PS+ free game last year, and I agree it looks great and smooth and have had fun with it. I'm just not that interested in rally driving, to be honest, I prefer wheel-to-wheel racing on a circuit. :)

Graphically the only thing that bothered me about this game was the trees flickering, but I'm hardly looking at the trees when I'm racing so it's really been a non-issue. I think a lot of people are missing out.

The driving in the game is great, and makes up for the visuals differences for me anyways.

The only part that really bugs me is the visuals in the rear view mirror. Those are genuinely pretty bad. But they aren’t great in GTS either.

The driving in the game is great, and makes up for the visuals differences for me anyways.

100% agree! :)

The only part that really bugs me is the visuals in the rear view mirror. Those are genuinely pretty bad. But they aren’t great in GTS either.

That is indeed terrible, not even the slightest form of anti-aliasing... :lol: I still use the mirror, but you could turn it off and enjoy a few extra fps. At least, ACC has by far the best radar implementation I've seen, much better than the one in GTS. And in GTS, I'm used to bonnet cam, so I don't even have a mirror. :nervous:

ep, game runs relatively smooth for me, same experience as @Pigems' video above. As for the playerbase, I don't think any proper sim will ever have a playerbase such as GT, they are different type of products.

Right but it’s a RACING game. The number one is having opponents to race near your skill. Racing humans.
So if there’s no playerbase it’s racing ai.
For me it’s sort of funny, I’m new to pc and the gosh darned ai in some of these pc games is darn good and challenging and engrossing and immersive.
It’s downright fun.
But, it’s not the same as racing humans period. It will never be.
This is why GTS is the best RACING simulation. It’s the human element.
But yeah if it runs good ACC driving and physics is better than GTS. I guess buyer beware.
It’s nice to have more real world tracks too definitely. :)
You can only drive Suzuka so many times before never wanting to see it again!

Right but it’s a RACING game. The number one is having opponents to race near your skill. Racing humans.
So if there’s no playerbase it’s racing ai.
For me it’s sort of funny, I’m new to pc and the gosh darned ai in some of these pc games is darn good and challenging and engrossing and immersive.
It’s downright fun.
But, it’s not the same as racing humans period. It will never be.
This is why GTS is the best RACING simulation. It’s the human element.
But yeah if it runs good ACC driving and physics is better than GTS. I guess buyer beware.
It’s nice to have more real world tracks too definitely. :)
You can only drive Suzuka so many times before never wanting to see it again!

I agree on that, I don't race AI, I'm yet to get past the first few races in the ACC career mode. But being able to just jump in into a random race and being matched with opponents close to your skill, I can only think of GTS and iRacing. In any other sim, you can find that but you will have to get into a league.

I agree AI is not the same as racing humans, but majority of GT players don't race humans.
Therefore, PD have to up their AI. From the video I posted AI at 100/100, no matter what track and car I'm using, AI are the same: fast.

Dropping AI skill and aggression, a player, beginner and expert, can set a level that remains challenging for them. That can't be done in GTS. The programming is too unbalanced by track and condition(try racing in the rain with a grid start, AI all of a sudden, are much faster). Unbalanced from N class to Gr.3.
Just about GR.2, GR.1 and some Gr.X hyper cars, the greater downforce seem to make the AI programming quicker. Still, it's should be the same no matter what car a player chooses.

I'm cool with Sport Mode. However, the meat of Gran Turismo is always been the offline single player experience. That's how this whole thing started and PD should be the kings of such an experience.

The ai in GTS exist imo to teach the player to get a run, lay back enough gap to power out of the corner and blow by them.
Also they run a good racing line, good for learning tracks. It’s a tighter line than what most do but it’s a good hard to be passed racing line.
I think in GTS they are there just to prepare for sport mode pvp.
I see now from PC though that good AI is possible.
Single player is important too. Getting that sense of progression

Last edited:
In Sport Mode, not just the ping pong contact and lag, if a beginner jumps in a Gr.1 race, after having grinded Campaign, it's a rude awakening.

Why not have a beginner event be a kart seasonal? After receiving the kart, the game should have a separate room available to beginners. Similar time table to the Daily Races.
Even if only three players are in it, guidelines/rules/tutorial should be displayed(can not be turned off) about avoiding contact and having passing be secondary. Finishing first shouldn't be the priority. It's clean lap consistency.

At least it would help players get used to being around other players. Just jumping straight from GT League to Sport Mode is no help.

Last edited:
I like how they had to delete that post probably because the comments were basically all like: "it was better back then".

45cf8701-ba28-4327-b712-a5646288eee5.jpg

Last edited:
In Sport Mode, not just the ping pong contact and lag, if a beginner jumps in a Gr.1 race, after having grinded Campaign, it's a rude awakening.

Why not have a beginner event be a kart seasonal? After receiving the kart, the game should have a separate room available to beginners. Similar time table to the Daily Races.
Even if only three players are in it, guidelines/rules/tutorial should be displayed(can not be turned off) about avoiding contact and having passing be secondary. Finishing first shouldn't be the priority. It's clean lap consistency.

At least it would help players get used to being around other players. Just jumping straight from GT League to Sport Mode is no help.
Just like iRacing! You start at the bottom of the heap with all the other rookies!

I know you love bashing GTS but that’s exactly what happens.
E E DE they race together lol.

At the end of the day no matter what you do there will be an awful lot of players who have not been lucky enough to have played sports in real life.
They have never lost or won and had to shake hands afterwards showing honor.
These people just don’t care for anything or anyone.
They lack any honor for whatever reason and pride.
They are a scourge, but it’s part of the deal with online.

Yet again I reiterate,

This is why the penalty system is the single most important thing.

I know you love bashing GTS but that’s exactly what happens.
Hang on a minute, I LOVE bashing GT Sport? Honestly? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Look the game isn't perfect and the physics do leave a bit to be desired, but I still play it on a regular basis despite everything thing I've said. I haven't abandoned it completely because I'm part of a very dedicated online league. It's the communal factor that keeps bringing me back to the game.

Good to see the PD changelogs are still as descriptive and detailed as ever.

"We changed some things. Whatever, it's 5pm, I'm out".

It's amazing isn't it? 2021 and PD still has no communication skills. I don't really tryhard the FIA but I know a lot of top drivers who have to do hundreds of kms of testing after every update to find out what's been changed, because PD doesn't document it properly. But I guess that's so PD can then brag about how all the players in the game have driven to the moon and back 20 times :lol:

For comparison, here's a typical ACC patch note:
v1.7.2 changelog

GRAPHICS:

- Various visual fixes around Donington.
- LOD adjustments on the new British GT tracks.

UI:

- Only the full track map is available on the "Track Map" HUD page.
- Slight adjustments to the Car Selection page to avoid overlapping of text in some localizations.
- Updated driver database.

CONTROLLERS:

- Fixed behaviour with repeated D-Pad inputs in certain situations.

PHYSICS:

- Adjustment to the fuel consumption of the Honda NSX GT3 (old).
- Improved rev limiter behaviour of the Mercedes-AMG GT3 (both old and new).
- Fixed an issue with the strategy presets in the KTM XBOW GT4 aggressive setup preset at Oulton Park.
- Fixed MFD max fuel limit not respecting BOP fuel cell limits.
- Corrected fuel tank size of the Aston V12 GT3 in all BOP groups.

GAMEPLAY:

- AI - Potential improvement to AI overtaking at Snetterton.
- AI - Increased aggression of lower-class drivers to improve their ability to navigate traffic.
NOTE: global AI aggression might need slightly lower values to achieve the same results as earlier.

They have patches every few weeks, and their team is much smaller than PD.

It's amazing isn't it? 2021 and PD still has no communication skills. I don't really tryhard the FIA but I know a lot of top drivers who have to do hundreds of kms of testing after every update to find out what's been changed, because PD doesn't document it properly. But I guess that's so PD can then brag about how all the players in the game have driven to the moon and back 20 times :lol:

Other games talking to PD.

The frustrating part is that it's not even laziness, but choice. PD, unless they are terrible developers (and I'm sure they're not), are definitely logging every minute change to the codebase internally. They just purposely choose not to tell the end users.

Well I make my judgement based on the standard settings of the car. Of course tuning makes a difference but I want to make a fair comparison between the two games.

Just to check - do you mean bop -settings or the actual standart settings? Bop is the most used, and has very different feel to "stock" in many - i would like to say in most cars.

It would be nice if PD could give us patch notes like that. Man, that would be nice!

don't really tryhard the FIA but I know a lot of top drivers who have to do hundreds of kms of testing after every update to find out what's been changed, because PD doesn't document it properly.

I can’t imagine taking things seriously in GTS, anymore.
My main account is unblemished, and shelved.
I’m going to run FIA on alt. Between all these undocumented changes bop changes penalty system deficiencies and everything else wrong with this as a competitive esport, it’s not worth time or effort to me.
I’m going to simply toss back a frothy one jump in there and do whatever I feel is fun at that moment.
I think I’m done for good on main.
There’s NOWAY I can subject that acct that I worked that hard on for that long to this.
After this update I think the max penalty it even gives is 2 seconds.

Also most games require you to give back the spot, I think PD doesn’t because they know what would happen.
Let’s say they were to add a rule, if you contact a car it goes off track and is reset you have to return the position.
PD knows their system cannot accomplish this one simple thing because it cannot tell the difference if a car doesn’t brake at all on a hairpin and clips you before hitting the wall at over a hundred miles an hour!
Of course that car that did that can just drive on like nothing happened too.
I mean I can’t race main with the utter lack of penalties and rules

As far as I’m concerned the games done.

Last edited:
I like how they had to delete that post probably because the comments were basically all like: "it was better back then".

View attachment 1010752
And that is exactly what gt was like,a fun,exciting race game with lots of cool looking cars to drive around a track,remember the vector car,how i wish they'd put more exotic race machines in their games like how forza does it,say what you will but in both forza motorsport and the horizon installments they bang on nail the excitement of driving around in high speed exotic machines like for example a koenigsegg jesko or a ferrari fxx-k,but then again i been saying that for the longest,they make gt as if they are in an ivory tower and they the only ones making racegames so it seems imo!!

I'm having issues with this stupid system Sony are using to update GT Sport (and apparently all the other games).

GTS patch is 3GB. I deleted COD Modern Warfare 2 Remastered just for it. That's 48.8GB of extra free space on my ps4. Did I manage to update GTS? Nope. Total free space on my console now: 82.11GB. What else do they want me to do????
Delete BFV? I'm playing it right now. Delete FF7 Remake? I play it from time to time. Delete P.T.? Would I be able to download it again?

Update: I don't understand the logic but I read here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/50gigs-isnt-enough-space-to-update.381510/ that you need the full space the game itself takes on the ps4 hdd to update?????
I see that GTS occupies 112.2 GB on my ps4 as of now. Do I really need that much to install a damn update? Are we being serious?

I'm baffled. It's the first time I can't manage to update/install a game, after deleting something else.

Last edited:
I'm having issues with this stupid system Sony are using to update GT Sport (and apparently all the other games).

GTS patch is 3GB. I deleted COD Modern Warfare 2 Remastered just for it. That's 48.8GB of extra free space on my ps4. Did I manage to update GTS? Nope. Total free space on my console now: 82.11GB. What else do they want me to do????
Delete BFV? I'm playing it right now. Delete FF7 Remake? I play it from time to time. Delete P.T.? Would I be able to download it again?

Update: I don't understand the logic but I read here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/50gigs-isnt-enough-space-to-update.381510/ that you need the full space the game itself takes on the ps4 hdd to update?????
I see that GTS occupies 112.2 GB on my ps4 as of now. Do I really need that much to install a damn update? Are we being serious?

I'm baffled. It's the first time I can't manage to update a game, deleting something else

I was going to make a similar post. Surely they can find some other way of compressing the games data. I did a clean re-install on PS5 and when you add up the data required to install everything it came to over 120 GB!

Don’t get me wrong I enjoy the game and it’s visuals are still hugely impressive nearly 4 years later but come on, 120 GB just makes it hard to keep installed when I could have 3 other games installed in its place. Then the issue of the updates as well where you have to make even more room just to update the game.

I just really hope GT7 uses the newer compression method that should hopefully bring the size of the game down tenfold compared to GT Sport.

Latest Posts

Back