Gran Turismo Sport Update 1.65

Had a quick look in game and the event is not accessible yet.

I am hoping this update fixes their FIA server issues as well. But who knows.

Meanwhile another effective BOP change in the middle of the season (by changing fuel consumption rate) is another can of worms. Will be very interesting as a lot of people picked their manufacturer based on vehicle performance in race trim with fuel consumption and tyre wear.

With the penalty issues of variants in the internet connections addressed hopefully that's an end to receiving a penalty when trying to pass someone on a single red bar, how many time have we received penalties when it looked like we were nowhere near the other car.

Fuel consumption changes will probably lead to less fuel saving as it may mean in Fuel races the cars use more, first thing I will test in a run for tomorrows Manufactures race which did not need a pit stop and if the car consume more fuel then it will be required and bring the hard and medium tyres into play. The BOP had only changed fuel and nothing else.

Last edited:
Very curious about those fuel-consumption changes. I wonder if they just tried to balance the cars or increase it for every car to force pitstops as some suggest here.

If it's the latter, it could mean we return to the usual 1 lap on the harder tyre for races like Le Mans tomorrow... well, even a tiny bit of strategy is always better than no-stops imo...

Last edited:
Well, if PD are implementing BOP changes as some players recommended (BOP should be adjusted track to track), then it's like real life.

Yes, yes, why need a car that had poor performance? I know all that. Thing is, we still don't know why PD do some of the things they do. Anyway, an adjustment that allows some sort of balance, to aid non- METAs a chance to be competitive, that's good.

Well, if PD are implementing BOP changes as some players recommended (BOP should be adjusted track to track), then it's like real life.

Yes, yes, why need a car that had poor performance? I know all that. Thing is, we still don't know why PD do some of the things they do. Anyway, an adjustment that allows some sort of balance, to aid non- METAs a chance to be competitive, that's good.
Nothing wrong with track by track bop but changing bop in mid season when everyone is locked in is a bit disrespectful to the players.
What if someone specifically chose their brand for low fuel consumption because they want to be kind to the planet and now it uses more?

Nothing wrong with track by track bop but changing bop in mid season when everyone is locked in is a bit disrespectful to the players.
What if someone specifically chose their brand for low fuel consumption because they want to be kind to the planet and now it uses more?
That's like real life as well. Whether being an owner that bought a Cayman Clubsport GT4 regardless of Porsche's Customer Program or buying an AMG GT GT3 because of the same reason.
The hope is that by the marque's racing history, the car should be an overall good performer. BOP may change a once dominant car, that the owner picked and brings it back even with cars that performed slightly lower.

No doubt, it's not cool to see a car continue to be nerfed, that is already suffering.

Again, we as players, see the topsy turvy nature of these FIA adjustments. That's just the way it is. Picking a low tyre wear and good fuel economic Gr.4 4C, may have been the pick of the lot. However, it got nerfed. That's the luck of the draw.
People thought they'd get one up and pick the META British Bulldogs. Those got the choker.
RX-V had a good BOP. That got adjusted.
I feel it's good. Mixes things up as they should be. If PD keep doing this throughout the season, it's fair, to keep any one make running away from the pack.

That's like real life as well. Whether being an owner that bought a Cayman Clubsport GT4 regardless of Porsche's Customer Program or buying an AMG GT GT3 because of the same reason.
The hope is that by the marque's racing history, the car should be an overall good performer. BOP may change a once dominant car, that the owner picked and brings it back even with cars that performed slightly lower.

No doubt, it's not cool to see a car continue to be nerfed, that is already suffering.

Again, we as players, see the topsy turvy nature of these FIA adjustments. That's just the way it is. Picking a low tyre wear and good fuel economic Gr.4 4C, may have been the pick of the lot. However, it got nerfed. That's the luck of the draw.
People thought they'd get one up and pick the META British Bulldogs. Those got the choker.
I feel it's good. Mixes things up as they should be. If PD keep doing this throughout the season, it's fair, to keep any one make running away from the pack.
If only they could apply the same sort of adjustments in F1 and have some closer competition. Everyone's tired of seeing Mercedes win every constructor's championship by more than double that of second place. The BOP adjustment means there's more competition, more reason to try other manufacturers, more fun overall. They don't always get the balance right, so they adjust it on the fly to balance things out - like the do with weight handicaps in some race classes.

It would be good if they reverted back to the old physics from 3 years ago, but that's not going to happen.

The ice skating physics you mean, where any wheel spin at all meant a full loop? No thanks!

Changing anyone’s car mid season is BS, that’s not the car they signed up to drive, and this isn’t real life. It’s a video game, all the cars should be even from the get go, they have had 3 years to even them out now.

Last edited:
If only they could apply the same sort of adjustments in F1 and have some closer competition. Everyone's tired of seeing Mercedes win every constructor's championship by more than double that of second place. The BOP adjustment means there's more competition, more reason to try other manufacturers, more fun overall. They don't always get the balance right, so they adjust it on the fly to balance things out - like the do with weight handicaps in some race classes.
Yes.
The ice skating physics you mean, where any wheel spin at all meant a full loop? No thanks!

Changing anyone’s car mid season is BS, that’s not the car they signed up to drive, and this isn’t real life. It’s a video game, all the cars should be even from the get go, they have had 3 years to even then out now.
Even as a video game, it's mimicking real life. May as well have all generic cars like NASCAR, than try to mimic GT racing.
The point is, we know PD won't get it right. As you mentioned, it's a fact, after 3 years. It's not going to happen. However, it's not BS if I signed with Ford or Mazda and my car is crap. That's my choice. Others ain't going to sign with those brands because, more often than not, they won't be competitive. Is that any player's fault for choosing inferior brands? No. PD say choose your favourite manufacturer and race.

Maybe people should stop choosing the METAs. That's not a solution. Players choose what they think will be competitive. Via leaderboards or whatever feels the best to them.

Are PD going to stop using AI, to determine lap times, penalties and adjusting BOP, in Gran Turismo Sport? I don't know.

Well, the last BOP, I thought the GR.4 GT-R was worse. I put the thing on pole position. Except for my one red bar, I would have won the race.
If some player's cars are worse and some player's cars improved in the next two Manu races, then we'll know if the BOP balanced the grids.

Last edited:
Hello Girls & Guys, I think there is quite some changes.
Is it just me or when you go through a car settings there is now a display on the right for each of the setting that show what the settings is intended for relative to the car ?
And about the hud in race was it always like that with the front view ? I mean not the bonnet one but the front one with no bonnet on it.
Is it just my imagination ?

here are pictures of what I saw

Attachments

• WP_20210511_13_08_19_Rich_LI.jpg
    WP_20210511_13_08_19_Rich_LI.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 100
  • WP_20210511_13_08_58_Rich_LI.jpg
    WP_20210511_13_08_58_Rich_LI.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps at 3.3Gb there is some additional assets, which are yet to be 'deployed'. Otherwise, it's a big chunk of hard drive space for a fat lot of nothing.

Has the install size actually increased by that size? Sometimes devs have to replace an entire 'chunk' of code or an asset even if they just want to fix/change one small part of it.

The day F1 introduces BoP is the day all the manufacturers leave. Since inception it has always been an engineering challenge to build the best cars to the regulations given, with a driver thrown on top. The best combination wins.

No, nobody likes it when there is dominance but that's F1. Sometimes it's close, sometimes one team dominates.

BoP is a political, impossible to get right exploitable minefield.

Last edited:
Yes.

Even as a video game, it's mimicking real life. May as well have all generic cars like NASCAR, than try to mimic GT racing.
The point is, we know PD won't get it right. As you mentioned, it's a fact, after 3 years. It's not going to happen. However, it's not BS if I signed with Ford or Mazda and my car is crap. That's my choice. Others ain't going to sign with those brands because, more often than not, they won't be competitive. Is that any player's fault for choosing inferior brands? No. PD say choose your favourite manufacturer and race.

Maybe people should stop choosing the METAs. That's not a solution. Players choose what they think will be competitive. Via leaderboards or whatever feels the best to them.

Are PD going to stop using AI, to determine lap times, penalties and adjusting BOP, in Gran Turismo Sport? I don't know.

Well, the last BOP, I thought the GR.4 GT-R was worse. I put the thing on pole position. Except for my one red bar, I would have won the race.
If some player's cars are worse and some player's cars improved in the next two Manu races, then we'll know if the BOP balanced the grids.

They can change BoP all they want, just don’t do it mid season when people can’t change cars. I don’t care about real racing, this is a video game, don’t 🤬 with my car if I can’t change cars penalty free without losing my points.​

Last edited:
Hello Girls & Guys, I think there is quite some changes.
Is it just me or when you go through a car settings there is now a display on the right for each of the setting that show what the settings is intended for relative to the car ?
And about the hud in race was it always like that with the front view ? I mean not the bonnet one but the front one with no bonnet on it.
Is it just my imagination ?

here are pictures of what I saw
Doesn't look like anything new to me. The modification information has always been there, and the HUD on bumper cam looks normal.

What is wrong?
It looks like the video shows that if you adjust the chase cam settings and then adjust them back, the camera becomes more loose. You can see the camera stays tight to the car beforehand, then it's loose - you can see more of the side as the car swerves side to side - afterwards, at the same settings.

Back