Gran Turismo World Tour is happening

Representing the UK and I chose Ferrari, no pressure :lol:

I only got my confirmation this morning 12 hours after the other Brits got it, so there's still a small chance you might get it but I wouldn't be surprised if I was the last email they sent out.

You are wrong about the no pressure.. I will be watching you representing the red religion, don't mess up we are counting on you

What's quite interesting about the N24 event is that for the majority of us going it'll be our first live tournament, and not many former GT Academy guys have made it. For the first time us racers have an entry criteria that suits us. The fact you don't even see the FIA leaderboard times after you've entered a race is a sign PD have completely focused on racing and not hotlapping.

To be fair I think most GT Academy folks are just chilling at the moment when the real season arrives I'd expect a large portion to return. I mean even I'm just turning up to play at the moment no real time put in. I know GTA Racing for example there's quite a few that will turn up, although not everyone and they are all GT Academy guys and all quick whether hot lapping or racing.

We'll see what happens in the official season, I'm expecting it to be ferociously competitive and I'll certainly be upping my current effort up by treble or quadruple :P

Yes agree and not just the fast guys either. I expect there is going to be massive surge of entries once the actual seasons start! Myself included! Can probably count the number of entries I’ve made in the last four or so months on one hand, mainly been trying to get up to speed using a wheel after years of a controller!!

You’re in the finals, after a difficult 29 minutes you are in the lead on the last lap, cleanly defending your position. At this point of the race, you guys have pulled away from the rest of the pack. On the last corner before the long straight at the end of the lap, P2 makes a move that in real life would clearly incur a drive through penalty - or, force him to give back the position. It sends you off the track in the process... just enough that you’re in the sand traps and struggling to get out.

The driver who made that unfair move gets a small penalty, he gets to the end of the lap and serves it before the finish line. He just manages to stay P1 as the timing draws the results closer. In that moment, 5 other drivers pass you by. You end up in P7, but the penalty the game gave you for that contact slots you down another 4 places. The guy who ends up in P1 wins every prize (thousands of dollars, a mesmerising trophy, and the opportunity to be a part of the Nismo team). Meanwhile, you get nothing. It was an FIA event, with no live stewards, no proper usage of yellow flags, and no safety car. It all seemed a little unfair. How could someone win an event like that? How could someone destroy your chances like that? Why did no one else seem to care after the race?

You should be happy, you are at the one of the greatest races on the calendar at the best racetrack in the world. But, it’s all too much for you. You pack up your bags and decide to head home. You make it through the cold rain to get onto the bus. You take a seat, and the bus gets moving. In disdain, you decide to watch the replay of the final race your phone. Skipping to the last lap and the driver who ruined it for you’s POV, you notice something flickering in the bottom right of his screen...
bottom right?

39BDB34B-06ED-4FEA-B41C-1FBF0395D0CA.jpeg

I was confirmed and I'm going with the Chevrolet. I had 75k around mid April, it matches what was described here before. IMHO, I think the brand might be important but the last factor to decide, because mine was already picked up too.

@zzz_pt sad to hear about your injury.. get well soon mate so that you can join the next events because I think you have what it takes to do a good job there. Do you know if anyone else is going from Portugal?

I was confirmed and I'm going with the Chevrolet. I had 75k around mid April, it matches what was described here before. IMHO, I think the brand might be important but the last factor to decide, because mine was already picked up too.

@zzz_pt sad to hear about your injury.. get well soon mate so that you can join the next events because I think you have what it takes to do a good job there. Do you know if anyone else is going from Portugal?

Congrats pumpunku. You made it into the right DR range just in time it seems. :) I don't know if pcm_stj is going. Didn't get the chance to ask him yet but his DR is lower than mine atm and I don't know how it was back in mid April.

And thank you for your kind words. It was very unfortunate the timing I got the injury but it's life. Maybe in the future I'll make it, who knows.

At least someone from Portugal is going, which is cool. 👍

@Tou2istTrophy,

cool post dude ^^

But this wont happen, simply because all final Events (Regional Finals, World Finals) and very sure also decider races (streamed Top 24 Superstarraces) will not only be watched by a lot of People, but also Stewards will be into the game...

Sure, in "normal" Racing rounds which leads to deciders and Offline Finals, such **** is possible... But is anyone of the good Drivers willing to risk his "Name" for a "not decider" Race? I dont think soo :P / At the Top the races are "mostly" very clean and People respect each other. Even if no People other then the participans are watching :) We will see i guess, cant wait to get the Series started!! :)

There will be hard moves and controversial things, i guess. Its the same in reality and part of Racing ^^

Angry! Why do they do this I thought the selection process was complete?! :mad:

Based on your DR mid-April majorly I think

He just got an answer of the first mail. RaceFace was never confirmed, just asked if he has time. Since all spots are now taken, they send declone Mails for the other People.

In Germany the following 4 Driver will go:

VP_Bellof956 - 75 k DR
VP_Patohm - 75 k DR
Michi_Jay - 75 k DR
Phantom Taky - 73,2 k DR

He just got an answer of the first mail. RaceFace was never confirmed, just asked if he has time. Since all spots are now taken, they send declone Mails for the other People.

In Germany the following 4 Driver will go:

VP_Bellof956 - 75 k DR
VP_Patohm - 75 k DR
Michi_Jay - 75 k DR
Phantom Taky - 73,2 k DR
Ahhh, I get it now. Thanks for the clarification :)

I'll root for RaceFace next season then :D (but then again I already am for all of you :P)

Will be a stampede into daily races now!!:lol:

Not for the people on 75k they won't, they were avoiding them for the most part anyway and now they will for sure because one mistake, disconnect or more likely an idiot driver and they'll drop tons of points and maybe they won't get the time to get it back. That also means without these major drivers to beat you won't get too many points in the dailies, even by winning, so the only shot at gaining big points will be in the FIA stuff. I mean that was mostly the case before anyway but it's now it's worse.

PD need to watch for people just leaving their 75k accounts alone and taking points from others with their duplicate accounts very closely now, in fact they are just asking for it really by doing this.

Not for the people on 75k they won't, they were avoiding them for the most part anyway and now they will for sure because one mistake, disconnect or more likely an idiot driver and they'll drop tons of points and maybe they won't get the time to get it back. That also means without these major drivers to beat you won't get too many points in the dailies, even by winning, so the only shot at gaining big points will be in the FIA stuff. I mean that was mostly the case before anyway but it's now it's worse.

PD need to watch for people just leaving their 75k accounts alone and taking points from others with their duplicate accounts very closely now, in fact they are just asking for it really by doing this.

Agreed, far too many duplicate accounts about now. I know there is nothing wrong with this but it’s ELO based system, and yes someone has the right to do it and if they win fair and square then I guess it ok but still taking points potentially from others!

We just need the cap removing, as long as you can infinitely sit on a cap, you are always safe... Get rid of that nonsense.

- Sincerely, someone at the cap :lol:

It shouldn't have been possible for so many to reach it in the first place, don't think that was meant to happen. Removing it is probably the only answer now.

Also maybe for future events they'll just selected the good performers from the Nations and Manufactures races but then duplicate account holders still get multiple chances to do well in the earlier rounds, compared to just one for all the non-cheaters, it's a problem for sure. Not that any of it will impact me in the slightest.

There’s only about 30 ish at the cap? Not really a widespread problem.

I’m not really in place to say I’m not at the cap or close, but raising it is a short term problem, realistically how long would it take for you guys to max out again? Plus you would need additional DR levels as should an A at say 40k be matched with a A+ at say 100k? Plus this is a ELO based you can’t just raise the cap else you suddenly introduce massive amounts of points into the system!

Congratulation to all who got selected and have the time to go to the Ring! :cheers:

Seems like my GT break from GT was at the wrong time. :ouch:
I´m on 68.000 points at the moment but didn't race in sports mode for a couple of weeks. The selection process is right in my opinion but there should have been an announcement some weeks ago to give everybody a chance to push the own DR score.

Some years ago i started at the virtual 24h race, it was also held on the Nürburgring while the real race was going on outside.
It´s a fantastic opportunity for everybody who has never been there. The selection process at that time was a bit imbalanced with some GT Academy drivers, the best drivers from the "German Playstation League (PSL)" winners of a fotomode competition on Facebook and some Nissan customers who qualified on a simulator at a big Nissan dealer. So there where some doing 8:20 lap times while others did about 10 min. :yuck:
But on this location the event was amazing and i also had the opportunity to get a signature from Kazunori Yamauchi after he finished the real race. :)👍

I´ll try to get the 75.000 points so maybe we will see on another event next year ;)

Back