Gran Turismo's New York Event is Open to the Public, August 24-25

I would love to go, but NY is so.....far.....away.....from Florida. :(

Have fun to all attending and participating, I'm sure it will be a great venue!

I'm close but first come first serve means I probably won't make it in if I do go. They should have had a larger venue and sold tickets a a reasonable price.

Uhhh Jordan you reckin i's could catch a ride with you I'm almost on the way there? Yes the reckin and the i's says we live close by.

...Yep, that venue looks quite huge. o_o

Any idea if you-know-who is going to be there performing? 'Cause I have someone on Twitter who's wondering as well.

If not, ah well. Regardless, have fun there, you lucky New Yorkers. ^_^

Uhhh Jordan you reckin i's could catch a ride with you I'm almost on the way there? Yes the reckin and the i's says we live close by.
Sorry, I'm flying in. :P

Hopefully we will see some Nice new cars featured in the event.
I'm not sure about the cars, but you will be seeing a new (real-world) track...

What [do you think/would you suggest] is the [best/most reasonable] time to arrive to assure entry?
That's a good question. It depends on what configuration the venue will be in. It could be configured to hold a few hundred people or it could be configured to hold its maximum capacity of 2,100. When I find out from the organizers I'll share here.

At the EMEA Regional Finals in Madrid, which had seating for 500, there was hundreds more people lined up outside who did not make it. However, that event did take place at Madrid Games Week (like a Spanish E3) which was already packed with gamers. I doubt the crowd will be so intense at this stand-alone event, so it might not be hard to get in at all, but I could very well be wrong.

I didn't mention it in the article, but an official Facebook "event" has been created here. It was posted a day ago and already has 170 people confirmed as "attending" and 543 "interested".
Any idea if you-know-who is going to be there performing?
I don't know who you are referring to, but I haven't seen anything on the public or private schedules about any type of performance other than the press conference and racing events.

If this event gets a big success, hopefully rest of the tours get to have public access.

Was sad Paris wasn't open for everyone.

I don't know who you are referring to, but I haven't seen anything on the public or private schedules about any type of performance other than the press conference and racing events.
Sorry, I meant Daiki Kasho. I just thought that since this is taking place at a venue mostly used for music concerts... ^_^;;

But thanks for replying, though. I'll let my friend and other fans know.

Please be Tokyo Route 246, please be Tokyo Route 246... :D:lol::P;):gtpflag:
Not R246...

Sorry, I meant Daiki Kasho. I just thought that since this is taking place at a venue mostly used for music concerts... ^_^;;

But thanks for replying, though. I'll let my friend and other fans know.
He’s never been to any of the events as far as I know (maybe Tokyo last year — I wasn’t there for that one but nobody mentioned seeing him).

Lenny Ibizarre has DJ’d most of the World Tour after-parties, but those are closed to the public, and so far I have only seen Lenny at European events. (He wasn’t in Vegas last year.)

If this event gets a big success, hopefully rest of the tours get to have public access.

Was sad Paris wasn't open for everyone.
Even if it had been, it would have been a terrible idea because it was in the middle of Gilet Jaunes demonstrations. Place de la Concorde was absolutely deserted, except for the occasional police car, and there were barricades for streets around it. We had to take passports and invitation letters to get to the venue...

He’s never been to any of the events as far as I know (maybe Tokyo last year — I wasn’t there for that one but nobody mentioned seeing him).

Lenny Ibizarre has DJ’d most of the World Tour after-parties, but those are closed to the public, and so far I have only seen Lenny at European events. (He wasn’t in Vegas last year.)
Ah, yeah, I recall a few members here going to his after-parties. Plus I think he briefly appeared in one of the highlight videos on the GT YouTube channel...

It's kinda odd, though. After PD's very first attempt at a live event on Ustream in 2012 with a Daiki concert at the end, you'd think they/Kaz would want to keep the tradition going with these newer live events. But as somebody here said, Kaz indeed works in mysterious ways... lol

Sorry, I'm flying in. :P

I'm not sure about the cars, but you will be seeing a new (real-world) track...

Two quick questions: when you say you’re not sure about the cars, do you mean you’re not sure there will be new cars or that you’re not sure what the new cars are?

Second, is this track new to the Gran Turismo universe?

Thanks in advance.

If anyone’s reading from the PlayStation Gear store. Please make those t-shirts available in the UK & US stores. Along with any other memorabilia.

Seconded, however great minds think alike

I'd love someone to grab me a black gt t shirt and dispatch it to the UK.
Of course I'll pay. If anyone is willing. Buy a medium size. Contact me. I'll PayPal you

That's exactly what I would like, only in XL. If anyone could do this for me they would also have my eternal gratitude!

Back