Grinding For Credits

Why do some people grind for XP? Just to get to level 50 to receive a platinum trophy?
For money and mileage points I get it and do it myself, but what's the point of a trophy if you get it by cheating?

I remember people driving through the barrier in GT5, diving under the track surface at Nurburgring in the X20...whatever it was and doing circles.
Each circle would count as a lap.

I don't understand the point of robbing yourself the satisfaction of something earned. But, you bought the game cheat, grind, light it on fire it's yours to play how you see fit.

Similiar stuff happening in PC2 with the one lap to super license races going on.

If you actually want to try racing, then that Gr.1 endurance is pretty handy. I used the LM55 with map 3/4 and RM tires the whole time, finished around 45+ seconds ahead of first and got a nice 400k.

I remember people driving through the barrier in GT5, diving under the track surface at Nurburgring in the X20...whatever it was and doing circles.
Each circle would count as a lap.

I don't understand the point of robbing yourself the satisfaction of something earned. But, you bought the game cheat, grind, light it on fire it's yours to play how you see fit.

Similiar stuff happening in PC2 with the one lap to super license races going on.

God I remember that! I did that until it was patched. Bought loads of cars.

If you actually want to try racing, then that Gr.1 endurance is pretty handy. I used the LM55 with map 3/4 and RM tires the whole time, finished around 45+ seconds ahead of first and got a nice 400k.

You can also use the KTM XBow in the professional premium sports lounge. Max it out at N300 while racing against N1000 cars. All 3 races can easily be won with that. If you keep it clean you get 150% car handicap bonus on top of 50% clean bonus for a total of 375k credits and 8250 xp. The oval is the fastest to complete at just over 12 minutes. Lago Magiorre the easiest as I was 50 seconds ahead at the end. N1000 AI cars can't take corners at all. They'll come flying by on the straights though, watch the mirrors!

I'm going to try the endurance races next, too bad they are locked to the same car.

Edit: Did the 2 endurance races. The second one you can lower the car performance to N400 for a 20% bonus. (504k / 9k xp) I only used the pit once there as well, driving around with fuel map 5 and 6. Pit end of lap 13 then you get enough fuel to make it all the way. I was about a minute ahead in lap 27 but should have stuck with RH tires, my mediums were very slippery at the end. I finished with 1% fuel remaining, still +42 sec ahead despite crawling to the finish. (Switching tires would have been faster, I'm stubborn)

Last edited:
Can't seem to get the clean racing bonus on 24hr anymore no matter how careful I am.

Oh well, still worth it!
If you're talking about the miata glitch, you can't get it because you're in reverse on the track, which negates it.

my variation of the "money glitch"

To get the same credits in your video instead of reversing the car, park the car as shown in picture below with the brakes on, and a few moments the car will go into auto drive and then you move off down the straight for the win.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171229154049.jpg

I race exclusively in Sport mode for the joy of it and have always found that I have enough credits for what I need. That, and the prize car lottery helps, which is just as well, because I refuse to subject myself to driving missions and GT league to obtain them. They are just not enjoyable to me.

To get the same credits in your video instead of reversing the car, park the car as shown in picture below with the brakes on, and a few moments the car will go into auto drive and then you move off down the straight for the win.
View attachment 702387

Wow good tip! With this, I can make $140k in less than 1 minute. I've also noticed it'll go into Autodrive if you're rolling slowly, so you don't have to be 100% stopped. I've also done it with the Sambabus and S-FR just to see if it works.

How? I only make 141,000 per minute.

Start in 4th place, start braking on the left of the cones just before they start, swing in with two cones to go and for the last few metres apply handbrake to hopefully line up on the kerbs, where you simply reverse to a max of 10 mph and auto drive will take over. "My friend" is easily achieving sub 22 second runs.

Any video out there of the best method? I'm doing 55sec laps without the bonus atm.

If you are referring to Bluemoon bay, here's my fastest run atm.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...allery/all/replay/1495257/4900502440856552472

I use the KTM XBow at 343hp (115%), 1583 pounds (91%), RM front, RSS back, Top speed (auto set) 290.
No clue if the gear max speed helps, still need to try changing settings, but I can get 47s laps with that setup.
I also have csa on weak to make it a bit more stable, and automatic gears since I'm lazy.

Oh wrong thread, that's 375k in 12 minutes, not the glitch.

Last edited:
If you are referring to Bluemoon bay, here's my fastest run atm.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...allery/all/replay/1495257/4900502440856552472

I use the KTM XBow at 343hp (115%), 1583 pounds (91%), RM front, RSS back, Top speed (auto set) 290.
No clue if the gear max speed helps, still need to try changing settings, but I can get 47s laps with that setup.
I also have csa on weak to make it a bit more stable, and automatic gears since I'm lazy.

Oh wrong thread, that's 375k in 12 minutes, not the glitch.
I was actually talking bout nürburg and whats the best method to gain xp in the fastest way possible.

I was actually talking bout nürburg and whats the best method to gain xp in the fastest way possible.

Yeah I figured. The Bluemoon actual race is 8250 xp per 12.5 minutes, or only 660xp per minute, 61 hours to get to lvl 50 in 291 races, if you can do it perfectly. Quite the grind, and easy to lose the clean bonus to drop to 5500xp.

Now with my average 250 xp per sport race it would take 3200 hours!

The reversing glitch is the best method to gain xp but you get a slower race time now doing it. When I notice the glitch before they tried to fix it, I was getting a 10 second race win to make it a lot easy get to level 50.

Is that what you are trying to do is to get to level 50 ?.

The reversing glitch is the best method to gain xp but you get a slower race time now doing it. When I notice the glitch before they tried to fix it, I was getting a 10 second race win to make it a lot easy get to level 50.

Is that what you are trying to do is to get to level 50 ?.
Yeah, just trying to go after lvl 50.

But why? I really can't get my head around it. A trophy is a prize for your hard work. But if the work wasn't hard, you don't deserve it.
Again: whats the point? Is it to impress others? That's the only reason I can think of actually. But then again: you didn't actually earn it, so your showing off with basically nothing. That's quite sad even.

I'm with you.

If these players could simply press a button and get the Platinum trophy, would they still do it? I'm guessing yes, but where's the sense of achievement? Everyone knows your got there by glitching so it's a worthless achievement.

I'm currently only grinding for mileage points. I start a time trial on blue moon bay and use a SRT Tomahawk X VGT. I hold R2 and left joystick with some tape. This used to work for me every time, but lately it only seems to be doing donuts after a bunch of laps.

Sometimes after 250 laps, other times after 40 already. Anyone got any idea what might be causing this?

I'm currently only grinding for mileage points. I start a time trial on blue moon bay and use a SRT Tomahawk X VGT. I hold R2 and left joystick with some tape. This used to work for me every time, but lately it only seems to be doing donuts after a bunch of laps.

Sometimes after 250 laps, other times after 40 already. Anyone got any idea what might be causing this?

Carrying too much speed into turn one. The car actually tries to run through the wall and then comes off the wall and can spin. If you use a little more turn angle into the wall, you'll go a little slower but the car won't spin.

Carrying too much speed into turn one. The car actually tries to run through the wall and then comes off the wall and can spin. If you use a little more turn angle into the wall, you'll go a little slower but the car won't spin.

Cheers!

I just noticed I had TC set to 0....Don't think that helped either :P
But instead of making my controller sticky because of the tape, I'm now going to try the private lobby Autodrive method :)

Back