Grinding For Credits

I did some experiments with different settings for the pitlane grind.

I startet with the Toyota tuned to 199 Points, 20 cars and turning without e-brake which results in average 36 sec runs and close to 100% chance for the bonus.
Together with 20 seconds you need to restart this gives 2100 EP in 56 sec or 135.000 EP per hour.
Using the e-brake makes it about 5 sec faster but getting the bonus is like a lottery, the payout per hour would be lower in the end.
My fastest setup which i will use to reach level 50 (current 46) is this:

Mazda Roadster (tuned to 199, super soft racing tires) only one opponent, distance to 25m. The payout is 1650 EP (including bonus).
You can brake directly with the start and turn right, when speed is low enough use e-brake. Because of the low speed theres no risk using e-brake. I get the bonus nearly 100%.
My best result was 14,5 sec for the run with average 15-16 sec.
Even the payout per run is 450 EP lower you will win over time. 36 sec (16 sec run + 20 sec restart) will give you 165.000 EP per hour.
I think this is the absolute maximum you can reach at the moment.
More enemys give more credits but they will hit you during most runs after respawning, so with only one it´s easier.

Credits are no point in GT-Sport because you get cars for everything. On level 45 which isn´t even half the amount of EP to 50 i had all cars in the game.
Getting EP is more important so you should try to grind for max. EP and not credits.

Phew! I just managed to buy pretty much all the cars. (141?) I have 95% of the cars in my garage and 15Mil Cr left.

Before the weekend is over, I'll grind at night and get the remaining few cars.

:)

Last edited:
I did some experiments with different settings for the pitlane grind.
Thanks for doing this...I am not good with the ebrake but this method is better suited for me to grind longer hours without losing my focus. I am doing this in 1/2 my previous time with very consistent "lap" times and 100% clean race bonus.

:cheers:

Where are you crossing into the pit lane to get the bonus? Is there a sweet spot? or is it the reverse angle?

Where are you crossing into the pit lane to get the bonus? Is there a sweet spot? or is it the reverse angle?

Depends which method you use. If you're doing the 20 car version, stick to the cone son the left and pull the ebrake and turn right as you pass the 1st set of perpendicular lines. Release the ebrake as you're about to hit 90*. Works for me ~90% of the time now.

If you're doing the version mentioned above with the 2 cars, as soon as you're able to control your car, wait half a second and again pull ebrake, hold right. and release ebrake at about 90*. SHouldn't take long to figure it out.

I was "farming" some mileage points, and when I came home I saw the car have done donuts for almost 1 hour. :lol:

26653035769_3e25175c08_b.jpg

Depends which method you use. If you're doing the 20 car version, stick to the cone son the left and pull the ebrake and turn right as you pass the 1st set of perpendicular lines. Release the ebrake as you're about to hit 90*.

You don't have to even have to use the hand brake.

Just slow down with the cones to your left and slowly turn right. The Mazda turning circle will get you there without hitting the raised kerb. Reverse into the pit lane, get restarted on the home stretch and voila, clean run bonus. Takes around 40 to 42 seconds.

Mazda Roadster (tuned to 199, super soft racing tires) only one opponent, distance to 25m. The payout is 1650 EP (including bonus).
You can brake directly with the start and turn right, when speed is low enough use e-brake. Because of the low speed theres no risk using e-brake. I get the bonus nearly 100%.
My best result was 14,5 sec for the run with average 15-16 sec.

I like that :).. Did you also customize the gearbox to have the max possible 4.6 acceleration in combination with the top speed of around 130km/h ? If not this will make it likely faster than your avg 15-16 sec.

Together with 20 seconds you need to restart this gives 2100 EP in 56 sec or 135.000 EP per hour.
Using the e-brake makes it about 5 sec faster but getting the bonus is like a lottery, the payout per hour would be lower in the end.
My fastest setup which i will use to reach level 50 (current 46) is this:

All this time I thought GT was a game. Turns out its a Job... an even more boring job than my real job.

I like that :).. Did you also customize the gearbox to have the max possible 4.6 acceleration in combination with the top speed of around 130km/h ? If not this will make it likely faster than your avg 15-16 sec.

Yes i adjusted the gearbox after my last post. My best time so far is 13,982 (if anyone wants to make a challenge of this) :lol:
Because of the maintenance today i thought maybe they´ll fix this and so i did some extra grinding yesterday. Now i have only 360.000 EP left to level 50.
It´s good to have a second TV in my room so i watched some TV shows while grinding :D

just tested this and got 64,800 credits (but only 60 mileage) for doing 10 min endurance Nurb in an N200 car vs a Gr1 car, did 1 lap and sat at start/finish and did final lap after time ran up.

Yes i adjusted the gearbox after my last post. My best time so far is 13,982 (if anyone wants to make a challenge of this) :lol:
Because of the maintenance today i thought maybe they´ll fix this and so i did some extra grinding yesterday. Now i have only 360.000 EP left to level 50.
It´s good to have a second TV in my room so i watched some TV shows while grinding :D

I did the same last night until I felt asleep around 3am but got a bit longer grid to go - just 3/4 through level 46 yet. Back home I tried out your 2 cars method instead of 20 cars and it works fab. My best so war was 0.12.559.

Last edited:
After a combo of driving missions, course bits, fuel economy and pit reversing I now have 20m credits. I suppose I should spend some of it...

I'm done with it now :) Hadn't tried tweaking my gearbox and had a 13.8 or so. I managed a few runs with my eyes closed in the end!

Anyway, do I get some style points for my aerial pirouette? It was still a clean run :cool:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171115034257_800w.jpg

Cheater!

:P :lol: j/k I pitted my way to lvl 50 last week (yay!)

Jerome
I am not a cheater, if its in the game you can use it 👍.

I am not to far from level 45 :), I thought you get flowers and chocolates when you get to level 50, but I have given up because you only get a dam platinum trophy.

You don't have to even have to use the hand brake.

Just slow down with the cones to your left and slowly turn right. The Mazda turning circle will get you there without hitting the raised kerb. Reverse into the pit lane, get restarted on the home stretch and voila, clean run bonus. Takes around 40 to 42 seconds.

With the ebrake, from GO to GO is around 33s. ~25% time reduction on something I'll be doing hundreds of times is pretty significant.

20 car and starting at the back. I want those extra credits :)

The 2 car one zocker found really is better though. I wasn't joking when I said I did a few runs with my eyes closed! On the rare times I messed it up, losing 6 or so seconds to restart wasn't a big deal. Plus, more Credits and XP per hour ;)

Hey all. I have followed this ('Ring) exploit but never had an account to post a clarification. The bonus will be rewarded 100% everytime as long as you dont end up ghosting BEFORE your car is reset (and obviously drive clean before you slide in).

1) Max profit and speed: tune your own Miata to just before N200, change Race settings for rolling start to the min, position 20, no catch up, Gr.1, and Prof.

2) Drive clean to pit zone, e brake slide in around the 2nd to last cone, you just need the rear end of car to be slightly more angled in then the rest. Slide too much and you'll ghost.

3) Avg time is 28.xx secs for me, with maybe 90% success of bonus when you get the hang of it. I own all possible 163 cars. Just 5 more Mileage shop Road cars left.

I have a variation to the 2 car method...

Using the same custom settings, Maximise a N200 car and select 4 cars instead. This gives the same cash/XP as N100 with 2 cars.

I’m not the perfect racer, but for me, this version was 1/2 to 1 second quicker than using the N100.

Through practice, I achieved almost a perfect success rate.

Something to consider.

Back