Grinding For Credits

Reading through this thread made me long for the old days when you could sell prize cars for cash. I think it was GT2... the TVR Speed 12 prize car was worth $500,000. Now the prize cars can only be deleted from your garage... total BS. In this regard it's not much of a simulation, especially when you get a free car as a reward for merely driving 26.2 miles :/

Totally agree. Let me at least sell my duplicate prize cars for mere cents on the dollar like the old days.

Do this every time below and reverse you will get the clean race bonus 👍.
View attachment 688221

Great thanks, will do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone hit level 50 yet? If yes, anything happen when you hit level 50?

I am trying to figure out if it's worth grinding days after days to hit level 50. And anyone know if level 50 is the highest you can get?

I am trying to figure out if it's worth grinding days after days to hit level 50. And anyone know if level 50 is the highest you can get?

You need 50 for the Platinum trophy.

I believe there are currently 2 people who have Platinum... so at least 2 people have lvl 50.

That's it, you get a trophy. I was hoping you get million in credits, mileage points and 100 gift cars. HA HA HA

Only bothered about Platinum.... I already have all the cars in the game, and pretty much maxed out mileage points... there's nothing left to spend credits on :lol:

Only bothered about Platinum.... I already have all the cars in the game, and pretty much maxed out mileage points... there's nothing left to spend credits on :lol:

What is the max out mileage points anyway? And how did you get so many mileage points? What you do, sleep with your PS4 every night? HA HA HA

48 to 49 is 330K xp
49 > 50 is 396k.

Yes. But I didn't bother to check if there's more points to accumulate or not. I bounced so fast out of arcade mode :lol:

Jerome

What is the max out mileage points anyway? And how did you get so many mileage points? What you do, sleep with your PS4 every night? HA HA HA

Mileage points are capped at 99,999 (like credits are capped at 20 million).

Sleep with it? No. But it's working for me whilst I sleep...

I'm rubber banding an endurance race at Blue Moon oval whenever I'm not playing (so c.20-22 hours a day)... N300 Miata vs grp1 opponent, pro difficulty, boost off... gives loads of credits & mileage points.

I'm rubber banding an endurance race at Blue Moon oval whenever I'm not playing (so c.20-22 hours a day)... N300 Miata vs grp1 opponent, pro difficulty, boost off... gives loads of credits & mileage points.

The rubber band technique is not working in my favor. The Miata will do too much spinning. Will have to try again later.

The rubber band technique is not working in my favor. The Miata will do too much spinning. Will have to try again later.

Upgrade it to N300 (max power upgrade, min weight), and fit RSS tyres.

One of the reasons it fails at N100 is it's so slow, the AI crashes in to it... it ends up parked against the wall, ghosted, and you don't pick up the 2nd place.

I've got 45 cars left to fully upgrade (5 of them are mileage only cars, booo). I'm using the red/white Tomahawk at the Tri-Oval (is that a thing?) and I'm expected to get around 14,570 mileage points for this 17 hour stint.

99,999 you say? I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Jerome

Last edited:
Server was undergoing maintenance last night for about 7 minutes (beginning 9:00pm PST) and I thought these various glitches were being patched. But I am still able to do the Nurb 24H 1-lap pit lane glitch.

Sounds like GT Sport has potential to bring an early death to many PS4 consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like GT Sport has potential to bring an early death to many PS4 consoles.

Over the years, I killed multiple PS2's and 3's. If the PS4 goes pop, I'll just buy a pro.

Please can someone clarify post 1.05:
  1. What is the current best 'active' grinding technique i.e whilst sat at your PlayStation?
    • Is it the Nurburgring 24hr reverse in to pit lane glitch of 2,100XP per minute.
  2. What is the best 12hr 'inactive' / away from keyboard grinding technique I.e that can be done whilst you're at work or asleep?
  • Everyone seems to have their own method for this but is there a best one, and what XP does it provide?

1. What is the current best 'active' grinding technique i.e whilst sat at your PlayStation?
    • Is it the Nurburgring 24hr reverse in to pit lane glitch of 2,100XP per minute.
  2. What is the best 12hr 'inactive' / away from keyboard grinding technique I.e that can be done whilst you're at work or asleep?
  • Everyone seems to have their own method for this but is there a best one, and what XP does it provide?

Nurb 24h pit lane glitch is the fastest as far as I know... 2,100 exp in <1 minute.

Rubber banding Blue Moon oval, N300 Miata vs 1 x grp, boost off, pro difficulty is the fastest way to acquire exp pts whilst sleeping/working I know... it's about 1.5k/hr.

Standing still and wall grinding doesn't always work the MX5 seems to be to slow PD may of put a limit on how many laps behind you can go

Seen others on here say use a tuned MX5 on Blue Moon Bay works but i'm not 100% sure on that to be on save side just try it first for 1 hour then don't go over 12 hours but if you find the time and the glitch isn't patched reverse pit seems quickest but a pain in ass lol

Rubber banding Blue Moon oval, N300 Miata vs 1 x grp, boost off, pro difficulty is the fastest way to acquire exp pts whilst sleeping/working I know... it's about 1.5k/hr.

I've been doing Northern Isle, 8 hour endurance, with Miata just still N100 (114% power?). Nets 15k XP. Blue Moon with same settings is 14k XP - I was surprised it was less, since it actually has a 'corner'!!

...even easier, you don't need to win, you'll get around 55k per 10mins.

- Go to Arcade mode
- choose Custom race
- choose Northern Isle Speedway
- then you take Mazda Roadster (N100)
- you make race to have 2 cars, set yourself to be second, pull all the options so you get more credits
- important is that you set to endurance and make it 10 minutes
- make an opponent to be Gr.1 and Professional level
- after that, just start the race
- for you, just drive up until start/finish, and not cross it, pull e-brake and go make coffee
- when Gr.1 AI finishes (10 min later), you just cross start/finish and viola, bling bling...

And if you wanna learn to drive good, set all to max credits, but put N300 Professional level, 20 cars with you at place 20, and take Alfa Romeo 4C (N200) on Dragons Trail racetrack... it is fun, you'll need about 5-6 laps to finish and it'll give you around 40k... if you win :)

Cheers...
You can put an elastic band on the right trigger and wallride in second year and it will put along nicely for hours and earn a little bit of mileage.

Last night I did the Nurb 24H reverse pit glitch repeatedly, stopped after achieving the 26-mile daily workout. Total "earned" was 7 million credits, took about 45 minutes (including a few brief interruptions). That's about 11-12 million credits per hour... crazy... until it gets patched :D

My rubber band grind is Northern Isle Time Trial

Porsche 911 GT3 RS '16 Fully Modded to level 5. 100% success rate, no spin outs.

22 second laps earn you per hour-
28,500 credits, 990 Mileage Points, 960 Distance miles, 83 exp.
Daily Bonus earned in just under 20 minutes.

Standing still and wall grinding doesn't always work the MX5 seems to be to slow PD may of put a limit on how many laps behind you can go

Seen others on here say use a tuned MX5 on Blue Moon Bay works but i'm not 100% sure on that to be on save side just try it first for 1 hour then don't go over 12 hours but if you find the time and the glitch isn't patched reverse pit seems quickest but a pain in ass lol

I found if I used the N100 Miata it frequently got punted by the Grp1, and ended up facing the pit wall ghosted. This isn't a problem if you're around to drive over the line yourself (don't know what the cut off is at the end of a race before you lose that option and don't get any credit for the race, but 3 minutes is fine as I had that yesterday).

So I'm using a miata upgraded to N300... and this seems OK... I've done a number of 20hr+ runs with it.

589E04FE-06DD-49B3-A829-13C38A854159.jpeg

Today

I did something similar today that was actually a lot of fun and money/XP.
PLUS its totally cheat-free and within race limits!

Custom Race
Alsace (I did II doesn't matter which) - approx 2 min laps lots of corners, no real straights.
N400 SR Toyota Racer (power up until on the N400 limit (to stay legit!) + drop weight.
TUNE it to the track...its a stable pocket rocket when done right.
10 laps/Pro/Group 4/All aids off except ABS/No boost
20 cars start last.
If you get bored winning easily every time race against Gr B for slightly less money. They are quick-ish
If you want a much easier race use N1000. They are fast , heavy 'dump trucks' that cant handle this track. Veyron eat my dust!
Against Gr 3 you need to be an alien using only N400 car. Those cars CAN go round corners fast!

I think it was 113,000 for the win and 1000xp approx.
I actually started against N400 and worked my way up as I got faster and better tuned. After N700 I skipped to N1000 as it was too easy.

So like easy 500,000 in an hour with loading times, lots of fun, I got to tune a car that kicks butt now PLUS I got to learn the track!

There's a replay on my PSN if anyone wants see how fast that little car can go when tuned. Tags easymoney/credits/farm
It's the Gr B race, got in front by end of 4th lap.

Thanks for this, I enjoyed this suggestion.

Played around with the fuel consumption, and N1000 pit every lap. The detuned (to N400) Porsche 911 only needs to pit every other lap. Means winning is very easy. Will try a N300 level car and see how this works out.

Any other straight forward, and fun ways of getting mileage points?
I don't want to rubber band, and hot lapping around ovals is fun for a bit.
Sports mode races can get frustrating (I'm DR D - and so race wins, poles and fastest laps are simply unavailable to me - I have far too many other things to do to do the practice that will get me faster).

Thanks for this, I enjoyed this suggestion.

Played around with the fuel consumption, and N1000 pit every lap. The detuned (to N400) Porsche 911 only needs to pit every other lap. Means winning is very easy. Will try a N300 level car and see how this works out.

Any other straight forward, and fun ways of getting mileage points?
I don't want to rubber band, and hot lapping around ovals is fun for a bit.
Sports mode races can get frustrating (I'm DR D - and so race wins, poles and fastest laps are simply unavailable to me - I have far too many other things to do to do the practice that will get me faster).

Well basically it works on every track with a lot of corners. The ring is good too, but long laps of course. Any track with longer straights and they are harder to catch.
Its great to go from circuit to circuit and save some tunes, for the lobbies later!
Kyoto (the longer tracks) work well too. Also the Central loops in Tokyo.

Back