Grinding For Credits

I've repeated the process multiple times and the cones always reduce my payout if struck,

EDIT- I stand corrected. I just hit cones two runs in a row and received full bonus. I honestly don't know what the deal is. I just know I didn't always get it, now I do.

Last edited:
My record is mow 29.352s.

Got to find some challenge!

Tonight I went from lvl 39 to 41.

I start P20 to avoid cars. My average is 45 sec with a non-ebrake turnaround and I always get the 150% bonus. Cone strikes don't seem to matter as I previously thought. I'm less careful now. Saving 10 seconds per run.

I start P20 to avoid cars. My average is 45 sec with a non-ebrake turnaround and I always get the 150% bonus. Cone strikes don't seem to matter as I previously thought. I'm less careful now. Saving 10 seconds per run.

Start 20th too. Average kid 29's.

I must be missing something, I tried this last night, and while it did reset me to the track, the race lap was still normal, and needed to be run.

MMX
I must be missing something, I tried this last night, and while it did reset me to the track, the race lap was still normal, and needed to be run.

you have to back in along the cone line into the pits. Adjust custom race conditions as needed to max out credits.

You just need to be more than 90* when you go over the pit lane line.

The thing with stuck accelerator and auto drive/corrections indeed does not pay out with the 1 hour race. (some exp and mileage points but no credits)

It worked with the 10 min one so there's probably some way do make it work (do couple of laps then leave it, do the last few laps etc) but there's that pit lane glitch so not gonna bother "researching"

Pro tips for you cheating grinders (like me!)

Use an N199 car
Use RSS tires
Shorten the starting run on the rolling start to 82ft. or whatever it is
If you are in it for the long haul, music helps, A LOTTTTT

I could never use the ebrake, it never gave me the bonus, so I'm averaging 34 seconds per run. Apparently Stotty has it down with a fast method, but for me I have to slow down, hit the last cone and throw it in reverse (sans ebrake).

Jerome

I can't touch Stotty's :30's. He's probably on other leaderboards too. I'm doing good to be in the bottom third on those time trial ranking boards. DS4 user by the way if that matters.

I'm getting 27 second race times although my clean race bonus is variable. Has anyone figure out a consistent way to get the clean race bonus?

I've been going in hot, rip up the handbrake to get more than 90 degree for the car to reset.

My record is mow 29.352s.

Got to find some challenge!

Tonight I went from lvl 39 to 41.

I'm still not getting the bonus 100%.
You just need to be more than 90* when you go over the pit lane line.

If the pit lane line is the 2nd set of diagonal lines and you need to be more than 90* in relation to those lines, then I think the trigger is something else.

I'm getting 27 second race times although my clean race bonus is variable. Has anyone figure out a consistent way to get the clean race bonus?

I've been going in hot, rip up the handbrake to get more than 90 degree for the car to reset.

For me, don't touch ANYTHING except that last cone. No guardrails, be sure you always have 2 wheels on the tarmac at all times and don't hit the AI when they mess up the start. It's like 1:250 times they mess up.

Jerome

For me, don't touch ANYTHING except that last cone. No guardrails, be sure you always have 2 wheels on the tarmac at all times and don't hit the AI when they mess up the start. It's like 1:250 times they mess up.

Jerome

That's the most important part. When doing the ebrake way, both the rear wheels still have to be on the pit lane tarmac AS YOUR CAR RESETS.

edit

Just got about 8 in a row and I swear half of them shouldn't have counted.

Last edited:

Jerome

Will give this a go. I've been coming in without hitting any of the cones, keeping all wheels on the tarmac and not hitting anything and get 1 in 10 as a clean race bonus.

Has anyone figure out a consistent way to get the clean race bonus?
Do this every time below and reverse you will get the clean race bonus 👍.
PB080001.JPG

Reading through this thread made me long for the old days when you could sell prize cars for cash. I think it was GT2... the TVR Speed 12 prize car was worth $500,000. Now the prize cars can only be deleted from your garage... total BS. In this regard it's not much of a simulation, especially when you get a free car as a reward for merely driving 26.2 miles :/

When you have 30 minutes left until you get to level 50 and PD starts the update one hour early. WTF, they don't realize daylight savings time or something? So now I don't get to drive on Tuesdays at all, FFS. #westcoastlife

Jerome

They haven’t announced an update and they might have just found out about that glitch so we might still be able to do some grinding tomorrow.

Aaaand done, whew! GL guys, it's not fun, but well worth it imo. Especially if you are limited on playing time.

I may mess around with an Estimated Mileage Points Calculator during my lunch break tomorrow too, just so I can estimate what to expect when I rubber band for X hours, assuming the car isn't spinning out when I come back to check on it :lol:

Jerome

Last edited:
I'm doing 25.8 "laps" and getting the bonus 90% of the time. 19 Cars grid and 25m in between. Almost level 49 now, I'll keep going till I'm about 200k XP from level 50. Then I'll continue doing sport mode for the trophies who are left.

For those who are strugling with not getting the 150% bonus. It's all about the angle you are going while entering the pits.

This is a perfect angle:

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab178/Manuelos85/DSC_5765_zpsn40qyhqr.jpg~original

But when you're entering the pits with a bigger angle like this, you will not get the bonus:

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab178/Manuelos85/DSC_5764_zps78jz4wyj.jpg~original

It has NOTHING to do with speed, 4 wheels on tarmac, number of cones hit or whatsoever.

Last edited:
Seems like some players use the glitch to win sport mode races. Now I hope it gets fixed... Grinding in arcade in fine but it’s messing with the online part now...

Seems like some players use the glitch to win sport mode races. Now I hope it gets fixed... Grinding in arcade in fine but it’s messing with the online part now...

Agreed... if it is the same glitch that is affecting sports mode..

I think it may not be simple to fix. As theoretically, they may have to fix it for all tracks.

Agreed.

I'll make the most of it while I can, but would expect this to be patched very quickly if it's being used to cheat on line races.

Latest Posts

Back