GT SPORT AUGUST UPDATE1.25

• Thread starter Sven4057
  • 698 comments
...all of you that find these kind of updates meh etc are really meh

Not saying that game was perfect in first place, it was far from it, but considering how many things were added (for free) every update that comes even after those initial 50 cars promised was plus... and PD is trying hard to come back to players in every regard...

There is lot to be done, but as it stands, I honestly expected some minor fixes and BoP, MPG changes, this is huge after...

Well, this comes as a surprise. Didn't expect this. I'm very happy to see the Red Bull Ring in this game. I really like this track and I never played it in a Gran Turismo.

The cars on the other hand are....ok. Was hoping for some "beasts". Still no Bentley Continental GT3, Mercedes AMG GTR and no new Porsche are a pity. Don't have a connection to most of these cars. Will try the Amuse Honda S2000 and the Lancia. Shelby and Ford will be probably very expensive and the other cars aren't interesting for me.

for those who are quick to say no teaser no update :dunce::DPD unpredictability at its finest :gtpflag:

Yeah, I'm guilty...

Pretty meh update to be honest, especially in terms of cars that would be useful for Sport Mode and FIA races. Still missing several GT3, GT4 and TC-spec cars. RB Ring is welcome though.

What are TC-spec cars?

An Amuse S2000? I was always hoping since with bodykits not being part of GT Sport that we would be getting some tuned JDM's instead. An RE Amemiya RX-7 FD3 would be a joy for me to paint on. But the Amuse is super cool.

PD may not use rhyme or reason on the announcement of updates but that just makes their random appearance all the more sweeter.

Kaz, the ultimate troll! :D

Last edited:
What are TC-spec cars?

Touring cars, especially those running to TCR regulations.
41743614882_fc1b383b5f_o.jpg

Good update, but at this point I just want a very high paying event that doesn't take a lot of time and effort to complete, please please please please PD!!!
I hate to grind for hours at that awful blue moon bay. The seasonal events from GT5 and the Red Bull Cup from GT6 really saved the day back then and not to mention the login bonus credits.

Last edited:
I really like RBR as a racing circuit, I’ve always had great online races there.

The car additions in this update do nothing for me at all. The Shelby and Ford GT are very nice cars, but will probably be priced in the several millions, meaning I’ll probably never get around to buying them (I’m not a credit grinder).

Those little econo-boxes, the Abarths, the beetle, and the Mini, I’ll never drive except for maybe as a joke, or if they get forced on us in Sport mode. I appreciate people’s sentimental attachment to the cars, as they have a lot of history behind them, but for me, to drive in a video game, they do absolutely nothing for me. If there was some proper narrow tarmac rally stages like we kind of had in GT4, then maybe I’d be a little more excited.

Instead of a beetle and a mini, I would take a Datsun 510, Nissan S30Z, Toyota AE86, BMW 2002, any classic 911....dozens of cars over a beetle and a mini.

I hope the Amuse S2000 is the street version, and not the rediculous time attack version with the park bench rear wing - that is the ugliest car in GT6 :lol: I guess we should have seen the Amuse car coming, seeing as their decals are in the game already.

PSBlog says RBR will be playable in reverse too..

New track – Red Bull Ring
Located in the stunning landscape of Styria, Austria, the Red Bull Ring is an intense high-speed circuit combining tight corners and long flat-out straights. While the course layout appears simple, its hilly topography makes it far more challenging than it initially seems. The full track as well as a short version has been included, and both are playable in reverse.

...all of you that find these kind of updates meh etc are really meh

Not saying that game was perfect in first place, it was far from it, but considering how many things were added (for free) every update that comes even after those initial 50 cars promised was plus... and PD is trying hard to come back to players in every regard...

There is lot to be done, but as it stands, I honestly expected some minor fixes and BoP, MPG changes, this is huge after...
We’re meh because they’re slowly releasing content that we’ve already had in previous games.

It’s like playing a fifa game, and EA announcing in the next update they will be adding Messi and Old Trafford to the game....like sweet, thanks for adding them, but don’t think we don’t see past your marketing strategy here.

If they were adding cars and tracks that were new to the franchise (and not fanstasy garbage like St Croix or VGTs), then Id agree, we’d have nothing to complain about. Otherwise, people have every right to be “meh” about seeing rehashed content (and in the case of the cars, mostly gimmick cars that no one will drive “seriously”) added to the game.

Mind blown... wasn't expecting a content patch but fixes haha!

Although it was always expected a real world track would be next! So I'm going to guess a classic fantasy will be coming back in a future patch, probably deep Forest, followed by Silverstone.

I have to say though all these free updates are bloody brilliant! Fair play PD!

Good update, but at this point I just want a very high paying event that doesn't take a lot of time and effort to complete, please please please please PD!!!
I hate to grind for hours at that awful blue moon bay. The seasonal events from GT5 and the Red Bull Cup from GT6 really saved the day back that and not to mention the login bonus credits.
Bloody brilliant :P

I’d take it a step farther and say that PD should just ditch the credit system. The mileage system for upgrades is ok, but I think all the cars should be available for free, from the start. It’s like this in PCARS, and it works amazing. People buy these games to drive the cars, not to grind blue moon and feel some rediculous sense of “accomplishment” for grinding 20mil credits - definition of a waste of time. As it is, as much as I adore some of the 15+ million cars, I don’t even bother looking at them because I’ll never get around to buying them. It’s a shame, because in PCARS, those vintage GT cars are very fun to drive.

Latest Posts

Back