GT5 delayed. Release date now TBA

• Thread starter matthsv05
  • 555 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, if the creators keep this ridicule of fans waiting up, we're all just not going to care anymore. They're just going to delay and delay. Just think of the first original release date for GT5. Look how far away it is now. I really don't care anymore. The creators can just keep delaying and delaying and I won't give a ****.
The original release date for GT5 was "March 2010" for Japan. Not that far away, and for all we know, the delay might only be a month for that region. For EU and US, we have never had a release date.

Still, you don't care now, which is good. You can live in peace until it does launch, and then you will buy it and enjoy it anyway.

Amazon mentioned it will be on September but i think it will be on December 2010 to cash in on holiday rush. It may suck but in business standpoint it will be profitable especailly if they release a ps3 and GT5 pack or ps3 with gt5 design.

Anyone thought of sending a complaint letter to Sony?

Sounds like you're taking this pretty hard! Maybe you should take some time out from following the GT5 news and with a bit of luck there'll something good to read after you've had a break.

If you want cheering up your avatar picture worked on me:ouch:

NissanSkylineN1
They're just going to delay and delay. Just think of the first original release date for GT5.

What "first original" (sic) release date was that then? Oh wait, we haven't ever had one. And since we've never had one, what delay can there possibly have been?

Anyone thought of sending a complaint letter to Sony?

For what reason would you complain? A game with no worldwide release date now has no worldwide release date?

Oh NOES, call the polis!

Some of you people really do need to get a grip, or at least assess your priorities.

Frankly, with the amount of delays, i'm not bothered if they launch the game this year of next year....because, i give up.

PD has never until last year said that "GT5 is coming out in month X and year Y". All they have said is that we are "shooting" for a year X release. I am not saying people should be annoyed that the game has taken a while to come out but if you look at past GT releases, GT3 particularly, this is not so bad. Street Fighter fans have waited a long time for a true sequel to their series (although they have had many spin off versions). The point is that if you have waited this long another month, hell another year is not intolerable.

What "first original" (sic) release date was that then? Oh wait, we haven't ever had one. And since we've never had one, what delay can there possibly have been?

We don't, you are right. They learned from previous games delays and are using that lack of release date to do it with "plausible deniability". Yes, we have no way of proving it, but it's becoming more and more hard to believe otherwise.

For what reason would you complain? A game with no worldwide release date now has no worldwide release date?

And that is the naked truth. Technically, waiting (with whatever feelings or opinions we may have on the issue) is the only thing to do.

Now jumping to the 5th stage of the Kübler-Ross grieft process model, acceptance.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acceptance

i really wonder when gt5 come out. Amazon marks 30th september. i dont believe them but could be true .E3 2010 trailer will show US release date. 5 years has passed. i cant say rushed game if it release in April. how could be rushed game after 5 years? i wanna wake up tomorrow morning and see perfection.

Retailers know NO more than you or I do.

*re-iterates for the one-millionth time.

i really wonder when gt5 come out. Amazon marks 30th september. i dont believe them but could be true .E3 2010 trailer will show US release date. 5 years has passed. i cant say rushed game if it release in April. how could be rushed game after 5 years? i wanna wake up tomorrow morning and see perfection.

Do you enjoy making yourself crazy about this? All the posts I read by you are stressing out about this game like theres no tomorrow... The game will come when it comes... There has to be something more important in life to you than just this game... or am I wrong in saying that? Might be time to look at your priorities again.. ;)

Last edited:
I bet wikipedia and google are getting a lot of hits with "Kübler-Ross grief process" right now :P

I imagine almost everyone has seen at some point the Simpsons episode where Homer eats the poisonous puffer fish. ;)

Yeah amazon france lists the game for septmeber 30th... Why not 2011?? maybe xmas 2011 or summer 2012... who cares anymore? I think MS will bring an new xbox720 with an FM4 till we get GT5...

PD/Sony is loosing and loosing and loosing fans... I know, when it´s released then everybody will buy it but that´s no good marketing... 5 years and still in development...

The game will come when it comes... There has to be something more important in life to you than just this game... or am I wrong in saying that? Might be time to look at you priorities again.. ;)
The weakest form of argument to use in a forum.

The weakest form of argument to use in a forum.

Am I arguing? I merely asked a question and offered an alternative... I think last time you made the same mistake reading my posts... Im just amused watching some people get SO worked up about this whole fiasco. You also cant tell me that there are not more important things in life then this game... If this is the most important thing in ones life then that person needs to get out more..

Oh yeah... also notice the smiley... I think you overlook those a lot too...

I have a feeling that when the game is finally released people will finally realize the difference between what's considered a normal development time and GT5's insanely long development time.

Am I arguing? I merely asked a question and offered an alternative... I think last time you made the same mistake reading my posts... Im just amused watching some people get SO worked up about this whole fiasco. You also cant tell me that there are not more important things in life then this game... If this is the most important thing in ones life then that person needs to get out more..

Argument/debate/disussion, call it what you want. Just using the old, "There are more important things in life", "Your priorities are screwed" lines just shows you have no real interest in the thread itself.

It's a bit rich saying that people need to get out more when you yourself are here, posting on a forum... Sure, that might be from a works computer, but that's besides the point.

Sure I noticed the smiley - doesn't change the context of what you wrote.

Look, people, no need to get angry. After a short period of having a release date for ONE COUNTRY in the entire world, Gran Turismo 5 has gone back to the status where it has been for YEARS now:

Release Date: TBA

Now, move on, nothing else to see, check other games, other genres, other platforms.

While the mammoth has been sleeping or doing whatever keeps it occupied, other mammals, some large, some small, have been filling up the valley. When the mammoth wakes up, they'll all go hiding, only to return for his next 5 years sleep.

Oh NOES, call the polis!

Some of you people really do need to get a grip, or at least assess your priorities.

Your sarcasm towards NissanSkylineN1 is out of line. Some people have legitimate reasons for complaints and frustration. At best Sony and PD have been misleading their fan/customer base.

I completely understand where he's coming from. We're all here discussing the game. What use is it if with every setback we're just going to say "oh well but there are more important things in life". Ofcourse there are, we all know that and we all value friends, family, etc more than we value a video game, no matter how good it is. But what use is it to say that in a thread about a delay other than stepping on peoples toes by ridiculing their participation in this thread. These sort of comments just don't belong on an internet forum.

Argument/debate/disussion, call it what you want. Just using the old, "There are more important things in life", "Your priorities are screwed" lines just shows you have no real interest in the thread itself.

It's a bit rich saying that people need to get out more when you yourself are here, posting on a forum... Sure, that might be from a works computer, but that's besides the point.

Sure I noticed the smiley - doesn't change the context of what you wrote.

If you think Im not interested in the debate itself, then you are right because Im not going to get worked up about this stuff anymore, but you still felt the need to comment on it... Why not just scroll past and not comment at all since you say Im not interested anyway.. Like I said... the game will be out when its out... I will then happily go to the local game store and buy it with a big smile...

Also true that Im posting here on GTP but again the focus of my comment was on the GAME and toward PatriotZero... not posting in forums... You can pick apart my comments all you like and try to turn them against me, but I got other things to worry about... ;) Have a nice night... I will go look at stuff that DOES interest me.

I completely understand where he's coming from. We're all here discussing the game. What use is it if with every setback we're just going to say "oh well but there are more important things in life". Ofcourse there are, we all know that and we all value friends, family, etc more than we value a video game, no matter how good it is. But what use is it to say that in a thread about a delay other than stepping on peoples toes by ridiculing their participation in this thread. These sort of comments just don't belong on an internet forum.

OK, I see that there was sarcasm in my comment that was picked up the wrong way and blew up in my face. You all have fun stressing about a game... I'll go away and leave you to it... Play nice now boys! Buh-BYe!

Apologies to those I offended with my comments... guess I hit a touchy subject...

Last edited:
I honestly don't think so. Considering how many people have downloaded the GT Academy time trial demo.

I don't think you can really base anything off of it since it's a free demo. Although I don't see them losing any fans since if they were fans they could have guessed a delay would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back