GT5 Sound Thread

• Thread starter Marry_Me_GT
  • 5,638 comments

Two things:

1. Did it gain an additional two cylinders after having the fan disabled? Otherwise the differences between the two, engine wise, are ridiculous.

2. Why couldn't the HSV sound similar to this?

Last edited:
Terronium-12
http://youtu.be/opoA3FjvPtk

Two things:

1. Did it gain an additional two cylinders after having the fan disabled? Other the differences between the two, engine wise, are ridiculous.

2. Why couldn't the HSV sound similar to this?

WTF?

What was that video supposed to show, a Redbull going fast, then a Redbull going slow in high gear, both sounds were crap so i just don't get it?

Whats a Redbull 5G?

Da fudge. Is that what the X2010 currently sounds like? What a step down.

Nope, doesn't sound like that. Thats a very different sound, seems like a mix between the Zonda R and the engine note from the X2010.

phil_75
WTF?

What was that video supposed to show, a Redbull going fast, then a Redbull going slow in high gear, both sounds were crap so i just don't get it?

Whats a Redbull 5G?

It is a down tuned version of the x2010 for a event exclusive to Japan. I said that already

Go to the news Page on this site and scroll down a little bit and you will see it

My phone mic is suck :lol:, to know the difference, one should drive the F40 in game. I often drove the car before the 2.08 update, I felt the sound tweaks straight away when I drove it again after 2.08 update.

Thanks for the simple and clever explanation. I got it now! :)

Yes. That will happen if you use poor quality microphone.
hyundai-polyphony-digital-gt6-e1345057886798-638x447.jpg

Raitziger
Yes. That will happen if you use poor quality microphone.

No just no. How can you say he is using a poor quality microphone or it's even a microphone at all. It could be a camera it could be a recorder it could be a phone he's using to record them. But it's still isn't the point. I mean a basic phone you can record in really excellent condition.
But saying like many have with that picture "look at what he is recording the sounds with" who knows what he was actually doing or what he was using.

I know the sounds are bad but I highly doubt that the recorder is the problem

I've just realised my post was ambiguous. Of course I was referring to the self-reinforcement of a pre-supposed "belief". I.e. that the idea that PD "don't know what they're doing" with sound would mean that they'd use a "poor quality" microphone.

Except that there is a proper microphone in the picture, and it's "quality" (and that of whatever the hand-held device that is tricking so many people actually is) will only ever be indeterminable at the level of detail available in the photo.

Wait a minute. I could've sworn this was one of the cars that had the horrid Subaru sound sample after 2.07

Random fun fact: Both Honda RM Cars are based on Spoon cars.

I remember people lamenting the change of "one of the best sounding four bangers" into something somewhat less appealing. I think it was this car; so they've changed it again?

It's interesting how some cars are changed willy-nilly, whilst others are perpetually "ignored".
It's also interesting that it's apparently so easy to change the cars.

Yes it seems they have, kinda disappointing really. It was one of the main reasons I liked this car so much :/

I like how they didn't inform of this change in the update.

If they are gonna change sounds at least have a go on the other exhausts. For example the aventador with the sport exhaust sounds like the gallardo with the sport exhaust.

It's just sad that a game can sound so bad that it makes people avoid cars or even want to stop playing...

Noticed a random soundbug after 2.08 in b-spec mode (maybe it is in a-spec too):

If you use a surround system and switch from cockpit/hood view to chase cam, the exhaust sound still may come from the rear speakers instead of front center. In b-spec this bug fixes itself after a few seconds, if not switch the cam to another car and back to the "buggy" one. The exhaust should come from the front center again.

Why do the cars sound so bad? can someone please enlighten me, please.

the ferrari f40 is the only decent sounding car in the game. the GTR R33 which I own in real life...sounds nothing like the real thing when you put an exhaust on it. should sound like that awesome rb26 throaty roar when you boot it.

and the Bmw m3 still sounds like a lawnmower mixed with a blender.

for christ sakes pd. did it ever occur to you...that just MAYBE...your sound designing team is just useless? like when on this god damn ****** earth will you realize this?? and fire the useless incompetent team so you can hire someone that knows how to record a real car.

10 years PD....10 years of rubbish sound effects. how can a car enthusiast put up with this crap for so long??

Why do the cars sound so bad? can someone please enlighten me, please.

the ferrari f40 is the only decent sounding car in the game. the GTR R33 which I own in real life...sounds nothing like the real thing when you put an exhaust on it. should sound like that awesome rb26 throaty roar when you boot it.

and the Bmw m3 still sounds like a lawnmower mixed with a blender.

for christ sakes pd. did it ever occur to you...that just MAYBE...your sound designing team is just useless? like when on this god damn ****** earth will you realize this?? and fire the useless incompetent team so you can hire someone that knows how to record a real car.

10 years PD....10 years of rubbish sound effects. how can a car enthusiast put up with this crap for so long??

Well PD sucks in sounds and like Japanese culture in general they do not admit the problem until it is too late. Also nobody in mass gaming media seems to point clearly this is a problem.

However IGN said" The visuals aren't met by the audio, and the engine notes lack grunt. The less said about the soundtrack the better."
But they still gave sounds 8/10. It should be like 6/10 before devs take note.

Back