GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

• Thread starter Roflwaffle
  • 1,280 comments
I know about the headlights (I mapped those in, figured they were more important than horns) but I had never figured the lights would be related to the horn button. But then again, back in the days of NFS3, lights+sirens on the police cars and horns on the non-police cars were the same button too..

Lights? Like turning standards lights on in daylight? Or the toggle between high and low beams at night?

Trying,out the safety car thing now! :)

@jimipitbull @jus1029

Would it be possible for either of you to share a video in which you repeatedly turn the lights of the Pace Car on and off? It would be nice to know if @nascarfan1400 and I have done something wrong, if it was a misunderstanding or similar, or if it was an intentional hoax :)

@jimipitbull @jus1029

Would it be possible for either of you to share a video in which you repeatedly turn the lights of the Pace Car on and off? It would be nice to know if @nascarfan1400 and I have done something wrong, if it was a misunderstanding or similar, or if it was an intentional hoax :)

I've just tried it now, and they won't switch off. I'm sure it did not long after release, as I was using it at Bathurst at night, and you could see the blue reflections in the background on one setting, and white reflections on a different setting.

I possibly have a video saved in GT5 of a hacked pace car, the lights definitely switched on/off on that. Will check next time I put GT5 disc in the PS3.

If it was indeed possible to make the lights switch on/off by some "adjustments" (useful non-pointless hacks are adjustments) in GT5, and assuming nothing major has changed in that department, it should be possible for PD to make it work in GT6.

Suggestions > Features? Dibs on this one ;)

I had the lights working a few weeks back for sure, because I was showing the car to my girlfriend online. If the horn doesn't work it try toggle high/low beam maybe?

I tried quite literally every possible option I figured could trigger the lights (high/low beam, flash, beam and flash, horn, nitrous, RA menu functions..), yet nothing happened..

But why the heck would they remove such a useful feature? It would save everyone in a race with SC for a lot of confusion.

Perhaps I should try it in vanilla GT6 at some point. Not likely to be before next weekend where I have a better connection to re-download all those heavy updates.

The lights are flashing on my pace car, but I can't turn them off. I tried horn, and the different headlight buttons. Are they not flashing on yours?

They're flashing all the time, that's the problem right now :lol:

A little trivia: apparently, in GT5, before a patch came around and changed it, the lights on the Pace Car were turned off. So the question really is, what exactly changed, could the change be made a "setting", and could that setting be applied to a button (e.g. replacing the horn). And could that be transferred over to GT6?

We need someone who can look deeper into the files. Maybe, just maybe, a solution can be found, it can be brought to Kaz' attention, it can be incorporated in the next GT6 patch, and the world would be 0,2% better.

The Coors Light Pole Award sticker on the NASCARs is also blurred.
In NTG Inside Line, the Coors Light Pole sticker is removed entirely and replaced by a black sticker with "Pole position" written on it.
And in most F1 games, Marlboro (Ferrari), Benson&Hedges (Jordan), Lucky Strike (BAR), etc. are replaced by blocks.
So GT isn't the only game doing this.

In NTG Inside Line, the Coors Light Pole sticker is removed entirely and replaced by a black sticker with "Pole position" written on it.
And in most F1 games, Marlboro (Ferrari), Benson&Hedges (Jordan), Lucky Strike (BAR), etc. are replaced by blocks.
So GT isn't the only game doing this.

image.jpg

I think that any game with a cigarette logo would get an M rating in the US. thats why they remove them from the cars.

Back