GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

• Thread starter Roflwaffle
  • 1,280 comments
I'll ask Ricardo about that as soon as possible.

I'm jealous that you, while casually walking the street, might bump into an ex-F1 driver :grumpy: :lol:

However, if it's possible for you to ask him, I hope you'll share the outcome of the conversation with us. It might hold a valuable piece of information 👍

*thinking of creating a GT6 Mysteries And Investigation thread*

View attachment 120552
Does anybody know which brand's timeline is this? :boggled:

99% sure that's Honda Civic. 1972 - 2012. The 1972 model clearly matches the picture, and although the others are very pixelated, they match the 1985 model, 1991 model, etc.

Also, in the top left corner it looks like it says "celebrate" and "civic". Not sure about the rest, but possibly it says "celebrate in rides by civic".

Edit: Not sure about the middle word. Looks like a 5 letter word, the 3rd being "S", 4th possibly "E" and 5th could be "T".

The 4th word could be either "by" or "of".

I adjusted the perspective in photoshop to see if it was easier to read. Didn't help much...
civic.jpg

Text, close up and with enhanced contrast:

Untitled-5.jpg

Last edited:
99% sure that's Honda Civic. 1972 - 2012. The 1972 model clearly matches the picture, and although the others are very pixelated, they match the 1985 model, 1991 model, etc.

Also, in the top left corner it looks like it says "celebrate" and "civic". Not sure about the rest, but possibly it says "celebrate in rides by civic".

Edit: Not sure about the middle word. Looks like a 5 letter word, the 3rd being "S", 4th possibly "E" and 5th could be "T".

I adjusted the perspective in photoshop to see if it was easier to read. Didn't help much...View attachment 121459

View attachment 121460

I reckon it says "Celebrate 40 years of Civic"

I adjusted the perspective in photoshop to see if it was easier to read. Didn't help much...View attachment 121459

View attachment 121460
Looks like VW golfs.

I've been for a walk around the inside of there in photo mode, none of it is really clear enough to get any good definitions from apart from the overhead manufacturer's signs, but that was hardly surprising.
GoodwoodHillclimb_6_zpscd36c329.jpg

This was also pretty cool to find whilst on my "hike"

GoodwoodHillclimb_8_zps81d5aec2.jpg

Interesting find, which likely means that PD came to this track back in 2012.

The "Yellowbird" is a one off car. It was the prototype CTR. All the production CTR's were just CTR's. The production cars didn't have the NACA vents over the rear fenders.

The "Yellowbird" in the above article is a CTR not THE "Yellowbird" that name was only given to the prototype.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RUF_CTR

-J
I was catching up on older Car & Drivers the other day and came across this article from the November 2013 edition:
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/1987-ruf-ctr-yellowbird-911-turbo-driven-video

They indicate the name was given by one of the photographers to a standard CTR:
Photographer John Lamm, now a member of our staff, was on-site and christened the car “Yellowbird.” On its way to that outrageous top speed, the CTR recorded zero-to-100 mph in 7.3 seconds.

From Goodwood Motor Show :
View attachment 120545
It includes brands that were not available in GT6, such as DACIA and ROLLS-ROYCE View attachment 120548
As well as SKODA View attachment 120549
No idea what these cars are :dunce: but the leftmost one reminds me of this:
View attachment 120562

View attachment 120550
The middle and the leftmost ones look like Alfa Romeo 8C:
View attachment 120566
View attachment 120565

View attachment 120551
Advertisements of the Ford Focus ST
View attachment 120552
Does anybody know which brand's timeline is this? :boggled: View attachment 120553
Well this one is obvious :
View attachment 120567
View attachment 120554
Numerous photos of the BMWs with the motto of the M Series:
View attachment 120579

That Mitsubishi pic actually reminds me of the picture of the Photomode space in GT4 that had snow in it, with the Pajero Rally Raid car.

On Trial Mountain ,sometimes, a GT air ship shows up near the last corner.

Sometimes it's around the corner. If you play a replay multiple times, the airship may or may not show up, and in different places. The same thing happens with hot air balloons on Chamonix and birds on another track.

The FT-1's in car speedo and the HUD speedo don't quite match up. The in car is 1mph faster.

The measures not matching up could be (and most likely is) a bug in programming.

Let me turn your question around: since when was rabbits, the GT logo made in lights on a building at SSR5, real drivers' names on fictive cars, not to speak of all the paranormal activity at Trial Mountain, a bug?

Just sayin'

The "paranormal activity" is more than likely a bug, as its also unlikely that PD would add ghosts n stuff into their game...

So, all the stuff at TM (including the monkey, the tree and the Loch Ness Monster; paranormal can mean more than just ghosts, and I think Nessie falls into that category) are bugs? Or, to make a non-GT6 example to help prove the point, the UFOs in GTA V are bugs too?

Sorry for contributing to dragging the thread off-topic ( :guilty: ), but I'm trying to say bugs =/= easter eggs
When was a monkey paranormal...? And a tree?

I never said those two were, but please, explain to me how Nessie isn't. Have you ever met her? No. Do people claim to have seen her? Yes. Is there 1000% proof it exists? No. Isn't that a bit the same procedure as ghost stories and other paranormal stuff?

Back