GTA V - General Thread

• Thread starter Hollidog
  • 9,032 comments
Can someone do me a favor? I'm trying to get my GTAV to load without having to redownload and install a fresh copy. Can someone with a non-modified copy take a screen capture of the main GTAV file folder so I can see what is supposed to be in there?

Can someone do me a favor? I'm trying to get my GTAV to load without having to redownload and install a fresh copy. Can someone with a non-modified copy take a screen capture of the main GTAV file folder so I can see what is supposed to be in there?
I think this is the latest Steam version.
(haven't touched it in a while)

Z4crsqM.png

This is the latest Rockstar retail/download version

MBFYjN6.png

Last edited:
Has anyone ever come across a glitch where their map "progress" (as in, the amount of San Andreas you've explored) has been wiped? It's happened to me on the Xbone today.

So I've found out that there was going to be a radio channel dedicated to synthwave / 80s retro-wave music called Nightride FM. Apparently it was even going to be hosted by DJ Kavinksy, the same Kavinsky of the Outrun album. But suddenly vanished and was never included. Most thought the whole collab with Rockstar was promotion for the Outrun album.

So I've found out that there was going to be a radio channel dedicated to synthwave / 80s retro-wave music called Nightride FM. Apparently it was even going to be hosted by DJ Kavinksy, the same Kavinsky of the Outrun album. But suddenly vanished and was never included. Most thought the whole collab with Rockstar was promotion for the Outrun album.

Anyone have any idea what's causing this? If I'm moving along too fast (sometimes it doesn't matter) stuff will be there, then disappear, then load back in. Fresh PC install, only mod is a trainer. I've been using the same old game save for a while, not sure if that would have anything to do with it.

20170520013316_1.jpg

Anyone have any idea what's causing this? If I'm moving along too fast (sometimes it doesn't matter) stuff will be there, then disappear, then load back in. Fresh PC install, only mod is a trainer. I've been using the same old game save for a while, not sure if that would have anything to do with it.

View attachment 648180

What are your specs and settings? I had this issue when I tried running GTA V on my laptop without enough allocated VRAM. Even if it says you've got enough VRAM, try lowering your settings more.

Aside from that, all I can suggest is fiddling with your drivers, reinstalling or updating them or trying older ones if you know which ones you were using when the game was working properly.

I've had a similar issue with the same "slow loading", along with quite a lot of stuttering. Upping the pagefile size to 24000 mb (with 8 GB ram, according to this Microsoft page - it's a bit down the page - an "appropriate" page file size is "3 x RAM or 4 GB, whichever is larger") seems to have fixed my stuttering issues and it seems to have fixed the slow loading for me, but I don't if it'll fix anything if you don't have the stuttering @R1600Turbo. 👍

I've had a similar issue with the same "slow loading", along with quite a lot of stuttering. Upping the pagefile size to 24000 mb (with 8 GB ram, according to this Microsoft page - it's a bit down the page - an "appropriate" page file size is "3 x RAM or 4 GB, whichever is larger") seems to have fixed my stuttering issues and it seems to have fixed the slow loading for me, but I don't if it'll fix anything if you don't have the stuttering @R1600Turbo. 👍
It was stuttering a little. My computer was set at 1280mb for the page file allocation, and it said it recommended 4594mb, so I changed it to that. Didn't fix it. :(
What are your specs and settings?
Specs are here. Settings in game are pretty average, I don't have anything set super high.

Would doing a defragment on the drive help?

Dan
I can barely wrap my head around that. This game is still this popular that five million people would buy it?
I really don't think there'll ever be a game (at least not one made by R*) that'll still be extremely popular and still selling regularly nearly 4 whole years after initial release.

Dan
I can barely wrap my head around that. This game is still this popular that five million people would buy it?

It's one of those universal games though that's good to have around. A game you can stick on and mess around doing nothing in particular.
Also bear in mind that next gen console sales are up so there will be a lot of people upgrading. Probably a lot of parents just bought it for their kids after getting them their ps4/x1 too.
Reading gamesstop's breakdown on T2's earnings makes for some interesting reading too. Link with article posted above.

I really don't think there'll ever be a game (at least not one made by R*) that'll still be extremely popular and still selling regularly nearly 4 whole years after initial release.

There's a good number of games that have longer lifespans. Civ V was 6 years old before it got a sequel, Skyrim is going to be the same age this year, it took 4 years for TF2 to go free-to-play and though it's dropping off in activity it's still getting more support than other games that are almost 10 years old, and whilst it's by the nature of being a borderline cultural phenomenon, World Of Warcraft is still going on 13 years old.

I don't have any issues with long development times if the previous game is good enough to keep people enjoying it during that time. GTAV is proof of that and the sales show it.

Curious to know what the hard profit is on those numbers.

There's a good number of games that have longer lifespans. Civ V was 6 years old before it got a sequel, Skyrim is going to be the same age this year, it took 4 years for TF2 to go free-to-play and though it's dropping off in activity it's still getting more support than other games that are almost 10 years old, and whilst it's by the nature of being a borderline cultural phenomenon, World Of Warcraft is still going on 13 years old.
Outside of WoW, those other games didn't see nearly as much content added in over the span of their life. There are games decades old that are still played. But how many are getting constant updates and content added that are more than even a couple years old? Not very many. Definitely not in this CoD era of sequels every year.

Outside of WoW, those other games didn't see nearly as much content added in over the span of their life. There are games decades old that are still played. But how many are getting constant updates and content added that are more than even a couple years old? Not very many. Definitely not in this CoD era of sequels every year.

TF2 has had 39 major updates compared to GTAVs 25 content updates. And like I said, TF2 isn't getting updates at the same rate it did at its peak, but it's still getting support and has another major content update due, which is impressive considering how old it is as well as how the TF team actually have to slightly consider game balance when making major updates (unlike R*, who seem to decide their weapon/vehicle stats with a blindfold and a complicated system of dartboards).

Sorry if this has been posted already but I thought I would share. This was really well done. 👍

Edit: Here's another one.

Last edited:
When I start GTA V, it says new weapons were added to Ammunation. Head over...and no no weapons. I did find this though...
nBEl0ai.jpg

Not sure if this was added with the Gunrunning update, but there's a drum magazine, and appears to be no option to add it. The Carbine, Auto Shotgun and SMG have it.

Last edited:
When I start GTA V, it says new weapons were added to Ammunation. Head over...and no no weapons. I did find this though...
nBEl0ai.jpg

Not sure if this was added with the Gunrunning update, but there's a drum magazine, and appears to be no option to add it. The Carbine, Auto Shotgun and SMG have it.
Haven't been inside an ammunation since i figured out I could buy ammo through the interaction menu. I do believe though that the new stuff has to be researched in the weapons lab before it can be used.
Any of you guys putting time into this on the PC, Im still part to the GTP crew and could use someone to do some missions with.

Last edited:
Well, the Steam page is collapsing under the weight of thousands of negative reviews. Take-Two sent a cease and desist letter to the makers of OpenIV.

Back