(GTOR) | [GTTCC-4] | RSUK Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S4 - Private EventFull 

Should Tuning be allowed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was great racing tonight guys.
@True-blue-8 i think real slipstream was a good move 👍 Perfect amount of slip imo.
going to be the closest season yet :cheers:

Can we have a trophy at the end of the season for best off the line? :D

I totally agree. I really enjoyed chasing down wam in race one knowing that I would have to work very hard to get close to use the slip.

And when racing with xflow and others at Tokyo the slip if you have a good exit would get you alongside another car. But would leave the passing up to you in the brakes! Loved the racing last nite.

I have had a offer from smith for a team this season. Any others?

so, my checklist for today on the scimitar;

-Drop gearbox out
-Drop drive shaft
-Rear axel out
- All suspension dissembled
-Get the remaining chassis out of the trailer and somehow out the back garden so it can be cleaned up and started to weld new outriggers on.

and no help at all, fun fun fun :D
taking it apart is easy. puting it back together is the hardest job.

"I swear this bolt went some where but I don't know where." :lol:

taking it apart is easy. puting it back together is the hardest job.

"I swear this bolt went some where but I don't know where." :lol:
Yeah that won't happen, we had to take it away from people like that. They dragged a fibre glass body across the floor snapping the splitter and arches, not including when they poured water into the engine :/

Putting it back is fine. Remembering where you placed the bolts is another thing though :lol:

Yeah that won't happen, we had to take it away from people like that. They dragged a fibre glass body across the floor snapping the splitter and arches, not including when they poured water into the engine :/

Putting it back is fine. Remembering where you placed the bolts is another thing though :lol:
I don't even do that! Lol I have had a face full of coolant once while taking of a radiator. I was lucky as that stuff is toxic. :scared:

Why the hell would you poure water into the engine??

Water keeps the engine cool. So if you put water dricetly in the cylinders that means the engine will always be cool... And will probly make the engine explode when you turn it over as water doesn't comppres!

Who doesn't like that! :lol:

Basically the people there are complete and utter 🤬 he started getting aggressive over money. First it was agreed cash in hand when it was finished, but if he needed money just ask. He was working away and we didn't push them to do it. When he returned he moaned we had done nothing, paid him nothing and was charging us parking costs. He mistreated the car really badly. When we got the engine back home to rebuild as was the plan, we found about a litre of fresh water poured into the manifold.

Water keeps the engine cool. So if you put water dricetly in the cylinders that means the engine will always be cool... And will probly make the engine explode when you turn it over as water doesn't comppres!

Who doesn't like that! :lol:
Basically that's their mentality. They're a 'classic car club'. You'd have love for classic cars no? But they run a sound engineering company hence why they work away a lot. Despite being an electrician he had no idea how to fit a new loom onto his wife's range rover.

Oh well. Karma strikes, his van engine fell out as they were on the motorway the other day :lol:

Basically the people there are complete and utter 🤬 he started getting aggressive over money. First it was agreed cash in hand when it was finished, but if he needed money just ask. He was working away and we didn't push them to do it. When he returned he moaned we had done nothing, paid him nothing and was charging us parking costs. He mistreated the car really badly. When we got the engine back home to rebuild as was the plan, we found about a litre of fresh water poured into the manifold.

Basically that's their mentality. They're a 'classic car club'. You'd have love for classic cars no? But they run a sound engineering company hence why they work away a lot. Despite being an electrician he had no idea how to fit a new loom onto his wife's range rover.

Oh well. Karma strikes, his van engine fell out as they were on the motorway the other day :lol:
Can you show me a picture of your classic car? I don't think I have seen it before!

And if your online can you open a room?

Can you show me a picture of your classic car? I don't think I have seen it before!

And if your online can you open a room?
Just to warn people it's not got much to do with money. We struggled through £7000 in debt but when you have a passion and maintain cars through your life as my dad has done you get something in return.

First is the Reliant Scimitar, this was meant to be my mum and dad's wedding present but she died a few months later. This is the car currently torn in pieces and was mistreated. Around 300 left last time we checked.
10325766_1421154081482091_5286746201194731578_n.jpg

Lotus Formula 27 Kit Car. 1980's, no idea how many because the car in general is really unique, one of the most obscure of the 7 designs
$_57.jpg

And for those of you who know, and including the BTCC fans this is a recognizable car. Unfortunately this exact car is not ours, I don't have any on my memory but our's is gold
images

And if anyone knows what it means, ours is the 3.5 V8S (Sport) Limited Edition Mark, which when we last checked (10 years ago) there were only 26 left in the world.

Yeah i'll open soon, just finishing some WEC bits off :)

I'm not in the classic car seine but I know that 3.5lt is big. Is that a Rover?

That lotus looks like fun. Do you still own it?
yep 3.5 is very thirsty :P yeah the old Rover SD1

Yep but she's still going through the rebuild and VIN process, we had to put her in storage today so we could use the trailer to pick up the body :(

and it turns out that our trailer is illegal as it doesn't have a suspension unit. Weird huh lol

Mess around room currently at willow open. My hand is a lot worse than last night :( But if people want to mess around like last night (one of my most enjoyable times on GT thanks all :D) i'm up for that

Back