(GTOR) WSGT | World Series GTFinished 

• Thread starter iName
  • 91 comments

Should I create a simulated economy within the club? Car costs, race winnings, sponsor payments, etc

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Added a new "Ones to Watch" list in the RP achieve at the top of post #2 so potential new-comers know what to expect in a race. More small changes to thread will come soon.

Last edited:
KOTR_zpsufbi4gtn.jpg

Sorry @swiftsmith, forgot to put Nissan :dunce: (I was trying to put cars that were official signed up)

Anybody can join this race, but still must use designated cars & specs.
Invite anybody you can without exceeding 14 people. The lobby will open 1 hour prior to the race.

To get awareness started:
@mr_b3ntley, @TNR_KING_FILO, @RisingSun97, @jcameron755, @Sinyster, @Knucklesfan96, @swiftsmith, @True-blue-8 (alert GTOR about this? :sly:), @jmehl5149, and @StancedOut7

Monza Results
1st: junk8765 + 48pts
2nd: BroncoFLHX + 45pts
3rd: braunracing88 + 42pts
4th: mr_b3ntley2010 + 39pts
5th: knucklesfan12 + 36pts
6th: Meow_Haxor (DNF - Froze) +33pts

Rome Results
1st: mr_b3ntley2010 + 48pts
2nd: knucklesfan12 + 45pts
4th: junk8765 + 39pts
5th: BroncoFLHX + 36pts
6th: Meow_Haxor (DNF - Suspension) +33pts

Current Standings
1st - Braun - 258pts
2nd - Knuckles - 255pts
3rd - Junk - 253
4th - Bronco - 174pts
5th - Haxor - 168pts
6th - Bentley - 114pts
7th - Smith - 57pts
8th - Sinsyter - 48pts
9th - Mondy - 30pts
10th - CW82YX - 21pts
11th - Burner - 18pts

RP:
Voice of GTORN anchor Dan Blue-

-The Big Three-

Before Monza

The past weeks we have seen a common rivalry: Chrysler and Honda. the two cars have been battling throughout, and have reached the top of championship at a dead tie. Driver for the NSX-R, Derrick Braun, told us the following statement prior to the start of qualifying:

"That Viper isn't going to make it far. We have our car set up for rain since it is expected to come mid-race. The Viper is setup for brute force, and just looking at it makes you think it will struggle in the rain. The championship is mine, no doubt."

However, it was still sunny at qualifying, and the NSX-R didn't get a good time due to its speed on the straight. Team Citroen made an appearance for Monza, and the driver Dean Bentley set a strong pole, beating second place by almost three seconds.

During the Race
At the start of the race, the #13 McLaren had a great launch and shot in between the NSX-R and Citroen, taking first almost instantly. Once they hit the first chicane, the McLaren held down and kept the lead barely. Once they hit the second chicane, the monster Citroen was held back yet again. The next turn, the McLaren went wide and the Citroen swooped by, and immediately started to make a huge gap.

The second Citroen began to have turbo failures, and had to pull into the pits. Once he was there, they opened the back panel, and a huge amount of smoke filled the area. The mechanics got to work, but after getting lapped twice, the car was retired.

With the #99 Citroen in the lead by almost half the track, rain began to fall. Everyone began to have problems. The NSX-R that was setup for rain began to have problems with aquaplaning, and the McLaren, at the time far behind, seized the opportunity. It made up lots of ground and caught up with the back. Once it was there the tire aquaplaned and spun out, losing all the time it just gained.

Almost from out of nowhere, the Mazda RX-7 LM began to separate itself from the other cars, something that has never been seen in WSGT history. The driver, Freddy Junk, seemed to enjoy the rain. He passed the struggling Citroen with only two minutes left in the race. In the last lap, the McLaren caught up and was right behind the Mazda. One they got to the last turn, the Mazda held back the McLaren, and took the win. First for Fredrick, and first for Mazdaspeed.

Before Rome
After Monza, Mazdaspeed wanted to use the newfound momentum and try to dominate Rome. At the same time, driver, who asked us to only refer to him as "Knuckles," told us that he will take back his place in the championship that he lost at Monza, because of the rain.

"The circuit is walled in, no run-off, no where to run. That ****ing Honda will not survive against me."

Before we could ask for him to say more, he stormed off and got inside his car. Qualifying was about to start.

During the Race
The Mada didn't have a great start at qualifying, but eventually landed a 6th place. When the green flag waved, the McLaren yet again shot for the gap and took first going into turn one. However, McLaren decided to go with the hard compound first since "They tested this car using hards". This let to significant time loss in turn one, and a crash with the Viper at left them dead last. The Mazda was soldiering on and was fighting with the Honda for second place. The #99 Citroen, again, was far ahead in first place. The other Citroen, had suspension problems after colliding into the wall by minor contact with the Honda that put the car into a spin. The car had major aero damage, and the car was veering to right constantly. He pulled into the pits and retired.

Inevitably, the #99 Citroen driven by the fast Dean Bentley took the checkered flag. Knuckles, who had a huge comeback, took second place, securing a spot again in the top three in the championship. the McLaren took fifth just behind the Mazda.

Bentley seemed pretty self-confident after the race, simply saying as he got out the car "That was a race?"

And then there was three. Honda, Chrysler, and Mazda. They occupy the top three spots in the championship, separated by three points, and two points. Who will come on top? We'll see at King of the Ring.

Last edited:
King of the Ring Results
1st: mr_b3ntley2010 + 48pts
2nd: knucklesfan12 + 45pts
4th: BroncoFLHX + 39pts
5th: junk8765 + 36pts
6th: BurnerTheLegend + 33pts
7th: Meow_Haxor (Excused) + 30pts

Current Standings
1st - Braun - 300pts
2nd - Knuckles - 300pts
3rd - Junk - 289pts
4th - Bronco - 213pts
5th - Haxor - 198pts
6th - Bentley - 162pts
7th - Smith - 57pts
8th - Sinsyter - 48pts
9th - Mondy - 30pts
10th - CW82YX - 21pts
11th - Burner - 18pts

Well, Sierra 100 should be quite interesting.

New Teaser for Season 4:
Supra%20Hype_zpsuogho3lp.png

I'm interested in racing here. 👍
*internal celebration*
Our season finale is up next.
It would be beyond awesome to have you race here! Do you want to join now and participate in the season finale just to race or wait until season four?

*internal celebration*
Our season finale is up next.
It would be beyond awesome to have you race here! Do you want to join now and participate in the season finale just to race or wait until season four?
Internal celebration? Why?

I'll race the finale and wait on season 4 to see car choices etc. I've actually been keeping an eye on this for a while, just wish I had joined sooner! :lol:

Internal celebration? Why?

I'll race the finale and wait on season 4 to see car choices etc. I've actually been keeping an eye on this for a while, just wish I had joined sooner! :lol:
I was celebrating because new people joining is so rare, that feeling you get when you realize what you made is growing is just amazing.

What car have you been thinking of racing for the finale? Since it's just one race you can pick any car

I was celebrating because new people joining is so rare, that feeling you get when you realize what you made is growing is just amazing.

What car have you been thinking of racing for the finale? Since it's just one race you can pick any car
Ah right, oh yeah, I know how that feels! :D

I really don't know, I do fancy the McLaren, Honda, Nissan and the Pagani. 👍

*Now shared

New addition to organize the series!
The Performance Tracker!
See it here!

You can now track your stats in a easy to read format. It can show how somebody got their points, who you should look out for, and to see who you stack up against! For the people following the series, this can be an easy way to do so. Let me know what you think of it!​

Last edited:
A bit late on this, but school, drafting WSGT2, new car regs, blah blah blah...
The -'s are for indents, since you can't really do them here.
RP:

A King is Crowned, For Now.
From voice of GTOR Network anchor, Dan T. Blue
-With three separate manufacturers occupying the top three spots in the championship, a major battle was expected to go down at the King of the Ring event. Instead, the dominant Citroen showed nothing but absolute obliteration of the competition. The lead was so huge, that by the time driver Dean Bentley finished, the driver in second place just hit the long straight. This has sparked major controversy.
-"There is absolutely no way that Bentley could pull a lead like that with the power penalties he accumulated at Rome. There is just now way," said Braun. He was the one who is mainly accused the Citroen Team.
-"We said our car would be the best and I believe it was a fair warning." Said Citroen Road Racing team owner Pierre Decaux. He seemed rather annoyed about this, and driver Bentley, said that he would give no comment on the situation. An investigation showed the Citroen was indeed running at full power, and not with the success penalty from Rome.
-We found WSGT founder and owner Nigel Westbury and asked what he would do about this."We don't know what to really do. Taking the title away from the driver wouldn't seem like the right thing to do, but for him to keep the title after winning it with a car that he didn't know was breaking the rules also doesn't seem like the right thing. I would blame the engineers, really."

-Chrysler is also celebrating. Since the driver who asks to be referred to as "Knuckles" took second place and the Honda coming third, they were once again tied for the championship.
-"If he couldn't beat me at the Nurburgring, then there is no way he will beat me at Sierra" is what Knuckles told us as we walked up. He seemed like he was in a rush and wasn't ready to be asked questions. Maybe he's going back to sit in his car, as he slept overnight before the race in it.
-That's at least what the team owner Albert Banks told us.
-"Honestly... he scares us, but he can drive. He doesn't talk to us, either. He just sits in the car all day staring off into the distance. Even when we're are setting up the car, he still sits in it. I think he likes the car more than us."
-This dead tie for the championship couldn't have come at a better time. The season finale will now have decide the winner. Knuckles vs. Braun. Chrysler vs. Honda. Stay tuned for more.

Last edited:
Well I hate to say this but..... I think I'm retiring from WSGT as of right now:( I just have had things in life going that I really need to focus on. I don't know if I'll race again, but if the King Of the Ring was the last race for me, I'd just like to thank you guys for being awesome and thank you Bronco for letting me be a part of this. I really enjoyed racing with you guys and wish you all the best of luck in the future, take care gentlemen.

P.S. I will still follow the thread and see how things are going, I just won't be able to a part of it. :gtpflag:

Well I hate to say this but..... I think I'm retiring from WSGT as of right now:( I just have had things in life going that I really need to focus on. I don't know if I'll race again, but if the King Of the Ring was the last race for me, I'd just like to thank you guys for being awesome and thank you Bronco for letting me be a part of this. I really enjoyed racing with you guys and wish you all the best of luck in the future, take care gentlemen.

P.S. I will still follow the thread and see how things are going, I just won't be able to a part of it. :gtpflag:
Well, I've always said life over club, so I can respect your decision. You were probably one of the best we've had in the club, attended almost every race, too. Maybe it was every race, actually.

You've been a good friend, I wish you luck on those things you have to focus on.

WSGT Season Three Champion!
braunracing88!!
Honda NSX-R Prototype LM

(Championship Tracker also updated)
WSGT original knucklesfan12 (@Knucklesfan96) has retired from WSGT. Sierra would have been a big battle for the championship, but Knuckles' life caught up, and at some point we all have to put the controller down to take car of important things. Since day one of launching my club, I've always said:
Life > Club

Now that the dark and depressing stuff it out of the way, congratulate Braun for his win! You can send him a PSN message, his user is right there.
I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

Season 4 will launch 5/9/15, there will be six new cars! WSGT2 thread revisions will launch sometime either today or tomorrow. Be sure to read the whole thing, as there will be many new rules added.

Now to play along with the RP stuff. Not really going to do a race overview one. The race was just me, Junk, and Braun just to separate the 300 point tie.

Viper GTS-R Driver "Knuckles" has Fiery Crash at Sierra
(From voice of GTORN anchor, Dan T. Blue)
During practice for Sierra 100, Chrysler Viper driver "Knuckles" crashed his car at turn 36. Watching the replay, it seemed that he hit the jump still turning, which flung his car into to the left wall and destroyed the car. It then began to barrel roll toward the bridge until coming to a stop, engine seemed to be on fire with trail of petrol forming under the car. As the marshals arrived, the petrol must've hit the engine because the car burst into large flames that surrounded the car, Knuckles still inside. Just enough of the fire was extinguished to allowed the marshals to pull out the unconscious Knuckles. Once the fire crew finally extinguished the flames, the car was almost completely charred. Knuckles is alive, but in serious condition with a mixture second to first degree burns covering his body. The race was then cancelled, leaving Braun the championship victory, which he says it "Could have been won in a better way."​

:cheers: WSGT 2.0 IS LAUNCHED! :cheers:
Go and check out what's new and tell me what you think about it!

Also tell me about any grammar mistakes.

I made a poll to decide on something that I just came up with that can make the series more involving. I'm sure people will like it, and some won't. Please let me know in the poll.

I wasn't sure about it, didn't know if it was the car or driver. Everyone felt the same as well.

Back