GTP Alternative Cool Wall Nomination and Results Thread

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 201 comments
How about a nomination for the letter f? I feel it is a very under appreciated character within the many languages of the world and has played a vital role in the evolution of technology and whatnot.

Yes I'm placing forwards the sixth letter of the English alphabet.

Edit: Please use this image
image.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, no. It's bad enough that half the first page of the Rumble Strip are 'Cool Wall' threads, but when half of the Recent Posts box is too, it's absolutely ridiculous.

If you must post more than one a day, spread them out for heaven's sake.
Okay. I only posted four today because none were up the last four days.'

That will not be happening ever again.

I'm nominating the Axolotl (animal)

EDIT: No I ain't; see below for why, and below that for my next nominee.

Last edited:
Yeah, no. It's bad enough that half the first page of the Rumble Strip are 'Cool Wall' threads, but when half of the Recent Posts box is too, it's absolutely ridiculous.

👍👍

A subforum dedicated to 'poll' threads might eradicate this virus. Just a suggestion . . .. ;)

I miss seeing the front page of the Rumble Strip active with all sorts of discussions.

As the result of numerous suggestions and complaints about the current system, polls will now be going up every other day, to keep the Rumble Strip from being overly crowded with polls. However, if the amount of nominations in the queue become abnormally high, I will go back to the current system until they go back down.

As the result of numerous suggestions and complaints about the current system, polls will now be going up every other day, to keep the Rumble Strip from being overly crowded with polls. However, if the amount of nominations in the queue become abnormally high, I will go back to the current system until they go back down.
You could go back to the way you had it before and require a little bit of legwork on the part of whoever is making a nomination. Which made a lot more sense to me.

You could go back to the way you had it before and require a little bit of legwork on the part of whoever is making a nomination. Which made a lot more sense to me.
Or just stop them altogether.

But what do I know?

TB
Or just stop them altogether.

But what do I know?

I think the fundamental idea is good. But not when we're flooded with them like we have been recently. Or when they're about some of the downright silly subjects they've been recently, as well.

Keep the polls spaced out (no more than one every two days, maybe even three, and no catching up for missed polls. If 4 days go without a poll just restart at the same rate), and display discression in what gets polled.

Also, a hiatus on polls until the front page of the rumble strip is cleared out a bit might be wise.

Keep the polls spaced out (no more than one every two days, maybe even three, and no catching up for missed polls. If 4 days go without a poll just restart at the same rate), and display discression in what gets polled.

The way it works right now is all you have to do is post whatever random nonsense comes to mind for a suggestion, only so long as you don't already have some random nonsense in the queue. Hence there would be either a huge backlog of nominations or we get flooded with polls. Making the suggesters put some minimal effort into the suggestion would help avoid a big backlog.

Also, a hiatus on polls until the front page of the rumble strip is cleared out a bit might be wise.

That's a good idea too! 👍

Back