GTP_Race Event 03 - Discussion Thread

• Thread starter EDK
  • 603 comments
congratulations Mr. Bart :cheers: and to Maz also to become a div1... you definatly got the feeling of the wheel in this days 👍

just i question why Bart isnt Div1 too? he beat Maz :mischievous: :D

Congrats Dan:cheers: Winner in final champs:tup:
Bart in second:cheers:
and me Ole B had no chance to this guys:banghead:
Thanks Kevin for all this work with this event:gtpflag:

Congrats Dan:cheers: Winner in final champs:tup:
Bart in second:cheers:
and me Ole B had no chance to this guys:banghead:
Thanks Kevin for all this work with this event:gtpflag:

Thanks Ole B. 👍

And thanks to PASM for the great race in the 2nd one, was a FUN battle in the end. :cheers:

Thanks to Kevin for running the show. :)

:gtpflag:

First of all: Thanks Ole B and Daniel for the races 👍

Race report:

Exhibirion race with Event 03 division winners
D3 - GTP_grevling9294 - white Amuse S2000 GT1
D2 - GTP_PASM - green Amuse S2000 GT1
D1 - GTP_Hyperspeed - green Amuse S2000 GT1

Race 1:
We agreed that Ole B would start from pole position, me second and Dan in third place. I got a bad start and followed Dan and Ole B through the esses. Dan made the pass on the main straight and started to pull a little gap. Ole B and I were fighting for second. As we came out of dunlop we were side by side, Ole B had the inside for Degner. I misjudged his speed and braked a little too less and gave Ole B a tap which made him lose control. So I waited and we picked up where we left off. I passed Ole B on the back straight (or was it the main straight?) and from that point I extended the gap. The gap to Dan was 13.2 seconds, which stayed more or less the same throughout the rest of the race. Dan took the win :)

Race 2:
Starting from the same positions as race 1 we launched into turn one. I had a little less speed than Dan who made the pass round the outside. We went through the esses like a little train. When we came up to the hairpin I braked and turned in sharp in such a way that I was in a good position to get a great exit and at the end of the curbs I was alongside Dan, with the extra speed I managed to grab the slipstream from Ole B first. I passed Ole B on the back straight, and Dan did too coming into the Casio chicane. After T1, Dan was right up my tail. For a few laps we were close and overtaking each other. When I had a little wobble coming out of Dunlop, Dan had to lift a little too and had a big wobble and went off to decorate his Amuse with some sand :dopey: . I now had a 5 second lead. In lap 7 though I caught up with the slow front runners. One of them went off in the 200R and came back onto the track without any cation. I couldnt avoid a crash and I went on the grass. By the end of the lap, Dan was right on my tail again. :nervous: The following laps were very close again (and fun). In the final lap, Dan had the strategic second place and made the pass on the back straight. I couldn't catch up anymore before Casio and Dan won the race again 👍
Congratulations!

2-0-0
A truly undefeated champion
:)

And again, thanks to the OLR admins 👍

See you guys on the track soon,
Bart

Back