GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
Just picked up my copy at the local Best Buy :D , but wanted to ask a playstation store related question. My PSN ID is linked to the Australian store which is where we were living, but I'm now in the US. If I buy DLC from the Aus store, will it work with my NTSC version of the game? Furthermore, the cost of the Aus store is always higher than the US store for an equivalent dollar value. Question is then, to get around both (potential) issues, does anyone know if I can change the 'home' store location on my PSN account?

If the answer is no, I may well need to set up a new PSN ID for GT6 :(

Just picked up my copy at the local Best Buy :D , but wanted to ask a playstation store related question. My PSN ID is linked to the Australian store which is where we were living, but I'm now in the US. If I buy DLC from the Aus store, will it work with my NTSC version of the game? Furthermore, the cost of the Aus store is always higher than the US store for an equivalent dollar value. Question is then, to get around both (potential) issues, does anyone know if I can change the 'home' store location on my PSN account?

If the answer is no, I may well need to set up a new PSN ID for GT6 :(

I don't think you can they don't let you do that, possibly to stop people from changing to a cheaper region. I thought with GT6 there was no NTSC PAL :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Meahwhile, how many opted for the digital version of GT6

I'm downloading it now.... blizzard here so I couldn't go to get hard copy. can't wait to get my hands on it. worked all night due to storm, but too excited to sleep!!!!

I don't think you can they don't let you do that, possibly to stop people from changing to a cheaper region. I thought with GT6 there was no NTSC PAL :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks Manu, so looks like I may need to create a new PSN ID, which in turn will be complicated because you can only have one PSN ID per e-mail address so I'll need to create a new e-mail account as well. What a pain in the 🤬

Thanks Manu, so looks like I may need to create a new PSN ID, which in turn will be complicated because you can only have one PSN ID per e-mail address so I'll need to create a new e-mail account as well. What a pain in the 🤬

I think you can close an account and use the same email, I'm 1% sure this will work :sly:

Genius... :sly: Will need to wait until I get home, work blocks the playstation website

EDIT: Done...GTP_CarlosF - your suggestion was already taken Andrew

Last edited:
does that mean for a GTP name we use 3 full stops for first name and our normal GTP ID for the surname, e.g. ...GTP_Oldnail1 for myself? Cheers

does that mean for a GTP name we use 3 full stops for first name and our normal GTP ID for the surname, e.g. ...GTP_Oldnail1 for myself? Cheers
The in-game name you can choose whatever you want, as long as it's not vulger, it's the PSN account that should be GTP_Oldnail1, although there's still a small chance we'll accept other PSN id's, we're still discussing that.

The in-game name you can choose whatever you want, as long as it's not vulger, it's the PSN account that should be GTP_Oldnail1, although there's still a small chance we'll accept other PSN id's, we're still discussing that.

I hope other PSN id's will be allowed. I think it attracts more participants to the competition.

Sorry guys, but I have to ask:

Where do I submit my times? Or registration? I apologize for sounding like a broken record, but I really do want in on this, because this looks like great fun.

Sorry guys, but I have to ask:

Where do I submit my times? Or registration? I apologize for sounding like a broken record, but I really do want in on this, because this looks like great fun.
The registry will be restarted for GT6 and we're still working on the new qualifier at this point. All being well (and its looking good so far) we should be going live by the 21st December. 👍

The registry will be restarted for GT6 and we're still working on the new qualifier at this point. All being well (and its looking good so far) we should be going live by the 21st December. 👍
Thanks Vaga! Personally, I'm quite excited, and it'll be interesting to see how different the GT and Forza world's are, online wise.

So we have 12 more days to grind out the wins and accumulate the prize cars for use in GT6 time trials. Getting cash takes a while in GT6, I am a little over 50% complete and have just about 2M in the bank. I like the new tracks, and the physics feel better than GT5. Hopefully as the patches come in some of the nice GT5 features are added to GT6.

So we have 12 more days to grind out the wins and accumulate the prize cars for use in GT6 time trials. Getting cash takes a while in GT6, I am a little over 50% complete and have just about 2M in the bank. I like the new tracks, and the physics feel better than GT5. Hopefully as the patches come in some of the nice GT5 features are added to GT6.
The qualifier will likely run for 4 weeks, so that gives a bit more time for accumulating credits. We can hope that in that time we get an update that redresses the credit problem in-game but even if it doesn't, we will consider these issues when planning combos, don't worry. Our aim is to maximise participation so we'll always aim to make it realistically accessible.

The qualifier will likely run for 4 weeks, so that gives a bit more time for accumulating credits. We can hope that in that time we get an update that redresses the credit problem in-game but even if it doesn't, we will consider these issues when planning combos, don't worry. Our aim is to maximise participation so we'll always aim to make it realistically accessible.

Thanks. Actually I think the time taken to get familiar with all the new tracks is good. If you go through the races, licenses, and Goodwood you will come out with a nice stable of cars. I also got the 25 cars from Gamestop so there are plenty of cars to choose from My workhorses have been the GT86 for the low PP races and the C7 Vette for the high PP races. I did have to add a turbo for Le Sarthe, as the AIs were much faster. Drove half the race looking in the mirror to block. The night race graphics are also really good, the Daytona road course at night was really fun to do. I am glad they loaded up on new courses like Brands Hatch, someday I will figure out that first turn.

We can hope that in that time we get an update that redresses the credit problem in-game but even if it doesn't, we will consider these issues when planning combos, don't worry. Our aim is to maximise participation so we'll always aim to make it realistically accessible.

Great news, looking forward to getting back into racing again. Thanks for all the hard work and planning, guys!

Great new, having to resort to a glitch seem against everything WRS stands for, that said, the credit payout is just cruel...

Great new, having to resort to a glitch seem against everything WRS stands for, that said, the credit payout is just cruel...
Blame the Fee-to-pay market for forcing all of us into this corner. And in case this is your first time hearing it, here's where it first came from:

I don't understand why folks are feeling that they are compelled to resort to activity contrary to the IP and User agreement that they consented to before using GT6 in order to gain credits? No one that I'm aware of has insisted that credits are needed, in fact Chris (Vagabond) has indicated that they are trying to come up with ways to avoid the need.

In any event, the fun of the game is in the added strategy needed to make sure that you maximise your purchases and anyone that has the anniversary edition is in an even better position. This version delivers a stable full of cars that will take you through the majority of the game without spending a single credit!

A great place to debate using the glitch is here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/20-million-credits-for-free.292976/page-60#post-9090726

Chris didn't say credits are not going to be needed to participate. He said we are going to make the events "realistically accessible". That means the admins aren't going to choose cars "without regard to cost". We do reserve the right to choose cars from time to time that require some grinding of credits as long as it's within reason and in the case of very expensive cars with advanced notice (just like we did in GT5). If and when the game eases the accumulation of credits (as they did for GT5 over time) the set of cars available and/or the frequency with which we will use more expensive cars will increase as well.

In the same way we reserve the right to utilize future DLC, whether it be tracks or cars. That may exclude some drivers from time to time who will not have purchased that DLC. It's not mandatory for a driver to participate every week and it's not mandatory that every event be accessible to everyone regardless of preference [e.g. a driver who decides against buying a car with in game credits or purchasing DLC with real money].

The frequency with which we utilize DLC or expensive cars, just as with GT5, will depend on the accessibility of the content and feedback we get from the WRS community.

@WRP001 Many thanks for the clarification which is really welcome and my apologies to @Vagabond for a rather inaccurate iteration of his statement. 👍

Blame the Fee-to-pay market for forcing all of us into this corner. And in case this is your first time hearing it, here's where it first came from:

Well, its what made Zinga and it's half baked facebook games profitable. Companies will do almost anything for a profit, and it will always be up to the consumer to put a limit to those practices.

Well, its what made Zinga and it's half baked facebook games profitable. Companies will do almost anything for a profit, and it will always be up to the consumer to put a limit to those practices.
True. But even so, you have to admit... It's a pretty poor practice when considering the cost of the game (plus console if you're an Xbox ONE user). Because once the fee-to-pay market dries up... Well, lets hope it was all worth it.

True. But even so, you have to admit... It's a pretty poor practice when considering the cost of the game (plus console if you're an Xbox ONE user). Because once the fee-to-pay market dries up... Well, lets hope it was all worth it.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. Despicable practice I might add. And, also true, probably only achieves getting people pissed about a game they otherwise love. Silly way to treat a loyal, cult-like following.

Back