GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
Putting the ps4 into Rest Mode can speed it up. It'll continue downloading while in Rest Mode but at a faster rate. This doesn't work 100% but I've seen it speed time estimates up multiple times in the past.
Thanks, I'll let U know if that speeds it up!!

Try restarting the download, looks like PD had an error and reinstalled all previous patches instead of just 1.16, 1.16 was only suppose to be a 107mb patch. They have now fixed the error so restarting should only download 1.16 instead of them all over again.

Basically a glitch in Sony's servers was forcing redownload and install of all previous patches. This appeara to be fixed now, and you should only have a 100MB patch to deal with.

Here is link to thread. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-16-arrives-and-its-absolutely-massive.376933

Try restarting the download, looks like PD had an error and reinstalled all previous patches instead of just 1.16, 1.16 was only suppose to be a 107mb patch. They have now fixed the error so restarting should only download 1.16 instead of them all over again.

Here is link to thread. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-16-arrives-and-its-absolutely-massive.376933
Works like a Champ! I just had to delete the 23gb download and restart the PS4 and walla!! 4 minute download. thanks much!!!

I had forgotten what it was like to be in a flash-back GT5p casual room for the night.

All this series competition events, week after week racing for points is just so boring and so yesterday. It was refreshing to just have 8 lap races with fast polite considerate members just how I remember it was.

Hats off to Chrispy / Madmax / Monoha / Potvinsuks / and welcome to Chucky-twin-live.

Now the other guy who begs a mention was Lasciastare-70 I'm afraid he has gone straight onto my psn block list, I can and do forgive accidental knocks and bump, but he was one of these I'm in front of you at all costs guys. Well you can be in front of me leaving any of my rooms.

Racing the BMW wrs online event is going to be good fun, a few red faces I bet.

Aren't you guys wondering what the coming updates have in store for us? If PD is following FIA just a little bit it might just be that we'll be having Paul Ricard, Silverstone, Spa and La Sarthe between monday next and half June.

Aren't you guys wondering what the coming updates have in store for us? If PD is following FIA just a little bit it might just be that we'll be having Paul Ricard, Silverstone, Spa and La Sarthe between monday next and half June.

That would literally be the best thing ever! One can but hope...!

Hello Everyone it's me Root_158 saying im not dead But my ps plus ran out so i haven't been on gt lately and i don't when i'm getting my ps plus back so i can race in the wrs so meanwhile i will be on my pc gaming away :)

Verifying and posting flags for someone else's replay. I need a refresher please!!

I'm assuming you know how to search and find the replays Gayle but if you need a few prompts for that let me know.

When watching the replays the things to check for are;

a) Correct track
b) Correct car
c) Correct tyres
d) Allowable driver aids
e) Driving within track limits - refer to the TT opening post
f) The final lap time matches the time that was submitted
g) Check the car does not contradict the tuning rules for the TT

So breaking these steps down I get a,b,c,d out of the way almost as soon as the replay starts and you'll need to do some set-up to get the info so. Pause the replay and click the option cog (bottom) of screen. This will pop up a window and one of the options is "Display Race Info", click this and another box will pop up, click the "Display All" option. To toggle between the replay controls and the race info press the circle button. I run the replay with race information showing and only revert to replay controls if I want to pause, wind back and and slow frame forward if the car looks like it went off track. The screen prints below show where key information is and highlights countersteering assist which is always prohibited

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180411083523.jpg

e & f is just a case of watching the replay from start to finish. The final lap time should come up at the end of the lap, pause the replay or write it down and compare back to the submitted time.

To help with the replay controls the following might help

Replay Controls.jpg

(1) Change the camera using up down button on D-pad
(2) Wind back to the start of the replay
(3) Go back 10 seconds
(4) Play/Pause
(5) Go forward 10 seconds
(6) Go forward one frame at a time ( replay must be in pause mode for this to work)
(7) Save replay (this option only appears during an in race replay and will not show when you review someone else's replay)
(8) Take a picture
(9) Review splits
(10) Replay options - this is what you use to set the display race information

g - Is much harder to accomplish but there are some clues that you can use. Find a replay that you trust I use my own to get terminal speeds at key points around the track. For example start/finish line and then at various points around the track where you can reliably compare. Noise can also be a clue in a non tuning week. If a custom gearbox is being used the cross cut racing gears whine more. Bottom line identifying the car spec is hard but if you have any doubt whatsoever then send a PM to myself or any of the Admin staff.

In fact the golden rule is if you have any doubt about any aspect of a replay send a PM to the admin staff and let them sort it out

When you post the results in the thread there are a couple of things to note:-
i. The name you type must match the name in the leaderboard which is the PSN ID and not the GTP user name
ii. The name must not be preceded with an :@: symbol
iii. the name must be followed by a space then the flag

To get the flag the easiest way is on PC, go to the flag images in the opening post of the results thread right click on the flag image and take the copy image option then simply paste after the name

Hope that helps but if you need anything more than please shout.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you know how to search and find the replays Gayle but if you need a few prompts for that let me know.

When watching the replays the things to check for are;

a) Correct track
b) Correct car
c) Correct tyres
d) Allowable driver aids
e) Driving within track limits - refer to the TT opening post
f) The final lap time matches the time that was submitted
g) Check the car does not contradict the tuning rules for the TT

So breaking these steps down I get a,b,c,d out of the way almost as soon as the replay starts and you'll need to do some set-up to get the info so. Pause the replay and click the option cog (bottom) of screen. This will pop up a window and one of the options is "Display Race Info", click this and another box will pop up, click the "Display All" option. To toggle between the replay controls and the race info press the circle button. I run the replay with race information showing and only revert to replay controls if I want to pause, wind back and and slow frame forward if the car looks like it went off track. The screen prints below show where key information is and highlights countersteering assist which is always prohibited

View attachment 729184

e & f is just a case of watching the replay from start to finish. The final lap time should come up at the end of the lap, pause the replay or write it down and compare back to the submitted time.

To help with the replay controls the following might help

View attachment 729185

(1) Change the camera using up down button on D-pad
(2) Wind back to the start of the replay
(3) Go back 10 seconds
(4) Play/Pause
(5) Go forward 10 seconds
(6) Go forward one frame at a time ( replay must be in pause mode for this to work)
(7) Save replay (this option only appears during an in race replay and will not show when you review someone else's replay)
(8) Take a picture
(9) Review splits
(10) Replay options - this is what you use to set the display race information

g - Is much harder to accomplish but there are some clues that you can use. Find a replay that you trust I use my own to get terminal speeds at key points around the track. For example start/finish line and then at various points around the track where you can reliably compare. Noise can also be a clue in a non tuning week. If a custom gearbox is being used the cross cut racing gears whine more. Bottom line identifying the car spec is hard but if you have any doubt whatsoever then send a PM to myself or any of the Admin staff.

In fact the golden rule is if you have any doubt about any aspect of a replay send a PM to the admin staff and let them sort it out

When you post the results in the thread there are a couple of things to note:-
i. The name you type must match the name in the leaderboard which is the PSN ID and not the GTP user name
ii. The name must not be preceded with an :@: symbol
iii. the name must be followed by a space then the flag

To get the flag the easiest way is on PC, go to the flag images in the opening post of the results thread right click on the flag image and take the copy image option then simply paste after the name

Hope that helps but if you need anything more than please shout.
Bingo!! Thanks much, great post!!!

Can I change "want to chat" to "want to rant"? :grumpy:

My TM VG T300RS Racing Wheel Servo Base with the Ferrari GTE F458 add on wheel is driving me nuts. I have had little to no problems with this combo for two years and now it is activating either the "Pause" screen or the "change view". Yesterday, I had the pause screen twice during the EU online race and once during the NA race. Now, while getting ready to shatter my PB at this week's TT, it triggers a change view into cockpit just as I am ready to turn towards the chicane and of course I flatten that stupid bollard! :banghead::banghead:

I guess I will take it apart and see if that helps or maybe I should use this as a reason to upgrade! 💡

Can I change "want to chat" to "want to rant"? :grumpy:

My TM VG T300RS Racing Wheel Servo Base with the Ferrari GTE F458 add on wheel is driving me nuts. I have had little to no problems with this combo for two years and now it is activating either the "Pause" screen or the "change view". Yesterday, I had the pause screen twice during the EU online race and once during the NA race. Now, while getting ready to shatter my PB at this week's TT, it triggers a change view into cockpit just as I am ready to turn towards the chicane and of course I flatten that stupid bollard! :banghead::banghead:

I guess I will take it apart and see if that helps or maybe I should use this as a reason to upgrade! 💡

This may sound a bit off base but I was having similar problems with my T500RS. Running in the Ring rats race my wheel kept throwing me into the pause menu then it decided to kick me out of the race altogether. The same evening in the same race @GTP_Dutchy was having similar problem with his TM wheel...conclusion. It's not the wheel however......

The above coupled with the 🤬 up from PD that nobbled every T500RS on the planet was enough to get me to extract my wallet from cryogenic storage and count out the pennies for a new one....oh the pain but oh the joy with my new wheel.

Give it a day or so mate as it may just be something other than your wheel

Sound advice Mike...:)

:cheers:
When my T500 did that, I unhooked the GT wheel from the base and did the super scientific "blow on the connectors" trick (it worked on Nintendo NES cartridges when I was a kid :dunce:) and reattached it and made sure the collar was nice and tight. It has happened again since then, but with much less frequency.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I totally remember doing that, worked way better on the NES cartridges than the Sega Genisis cartridges. I do this to this day when ever anything electrical doesn't work, that is step one for me in the diagnostic chart. :lol:
We weren't actually blowing the dust off the cartridges, but rather they were gather the dust that had collected inside the console and we were blowing that off.

Silly efficient Japanese. :lol:

@Bass Addict have you tired to unplug the power from the wheel base by removing the power plug and plugging back in. That might help you with the problem or restore the database on the ps4 by turn it off and holding the power down and you will hear a beep then turn back on and hold the power button until you hear two beeps then plug your ds4 in the charging cable and press PS button on the controller and go down to restore database and click yes and wait until finish then it will reboot and that should fix the issue you having

Question about wheels, my wife just gave me the green light (I think, but she could have been speaking in wife speak, which then I am not suppose to buy one. :lol:) to buy a wheel for my PS4, with that said I am not looking to drop a huge amount, I just play casually so just looking for something that will enhance the experience. (I only play an avg of an hour a night, and that is not always GTS) I have been looking at getting the G29 from Amazon since it is only $275, just looking for opinions on a good but not expensive wheel to get.

Question about wheels, my wife just gave me the green light (I think, but she could have been speaking in wife speak, which then I am not suppose to buy one. :lol:) to buy a wheel for my PS4, with that said I am not looking to drop a huge amount, I just play casually so just looking for something that will enhance the experience. (I only play an avg of an hour a night, and that is not always GTS) I have been looking at getting the G29 from Amazon since it is only $275, just looking for opinions on a good but not expensive wheel to get.

This thread might give an extra bit of insight mate, the only other real option around that price point is the T300 which is also discussed in the thread. Interestingly the guy that started the discussion was all Logitech to start but at the end he says he bought the T300!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/best-ps4-wheel-g29-vs-t300.344318/

Last edited:
Back