GTP_WRS'ers and their ride...

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 658 comments
And no need to worry whether or not Jake really has all of those. I've seen all 3 live and in person. The Z is a work of art. :drool:

Superb pictures.:drool: That's the best I've ever seen a 350Z look. Weren't you talking of selling it a little while back?
Thanks, they're HDR: multiple shots (in case of my pictures: three of them) at different exposures combined into one picture to get a higher dynamic range than is usually possible with one picture. Since I was shooting a black car against a relatively bright background, one shot will result in either of two things: the car being exposed right and the surroundings being overexposed, or the surroundings at the right exposure and the car underexposed. By combining those you get the best of both worlds. :)

And I'm not thinking of selling it, the car brings a smile to my face every day I drive it (and that is every day :)).

Jαke;3295065
I am just a fan of Holden, it would be a bit hard to acquire one in the US I would think, but I haven't looked into it. I build 3D graphics for General Motors on occasion and was contracted to make all the GM emblems in 3D for advertising purposes. I just really like the the logo and decided to make it an av.

here is a higher res render:

holden03.jpg

Woops my mistake, didn't realise you were in the US, I just seen the Holden symbol and assumed.:dunce: I did wonder how you would have gotten a Tacoma in Australia though.;) The logo is a very good image.👍

Thanks, they're HDR: multiple shots (in case of my pictures: three of them) at different exposures combined into one picture to get a higher dynamic range than is usually possible with one picture. Since I was shooting a black car against a relatively bright background, one shot will result in either of two things: the car being exposed right and the surroundings being overexposed, or the surroundings at the right exposure and the car underexposed. By combining those you get the best of both worlds. :)

And I'm not thinking of selling it, the car brings a smile to my face every day I drive it (and that is every day :)).

OK.
I think I'll stick to my noob photography, too complex for me.;)

Here's my past and presant cars. I was instructed that the Scooby had to go before the arrival of our baby. Hence the second more "sensible" car.........

MY51 JDM WRX STI Impeza

IMG_1169-1.jpg

MY55 Mondeo ST TDCI

DSCF0292a.jpg

Since I will be a WRS GTPer since tihs week...

This was my ride when I was in Colombia...I got transfered to Uruguay temporarily, so no ride here :(

Attachments

• 2009-ford-fusion-sedan-01.jpg
    2009-ford-fusion-sedan-01.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 41
Wicked witch of the west threw up on yer car eh Hyper - never mind mate ;)

Look on the bright side you could be driving around in a 5 door Turbo Diesel like some us :ill: Although, I am yet to tell the missus that the reason it's "fairly quick" in her words, is because it's chipped to 190bhp with 400nm Torque :sly:

These are a few of the faster cars i have owned. owned lots of run-arounds.

318is Msport
picture.php
[/IMG]

Mazda gtx DOHC Turbo 4wd
picture.php
[/IMG]

Mazda 323 with 1600 DOHC Turbo conversion (still Fwd though, not safe in the wet!!!)
picture.php
[/IMG]

Those are some nice looking rides.

Did you do the work on those Mazdas yourself?

And thanks for sharing.

Those are some nice looking rides.

Did you do the work on those Mazdas yourself?

And thanks for sharing.

I bought the gtx like that, and the wagon was my step brothers and he did all the work, bare metal respray, it had an external wastegate with a screamer pipe and ran 17psi. 👍

Cool thread!

My daily driver is the '02 320d M kit:

img00082ed.jpg

img2115wl3.jpg

I fel in love with this car when my dad bought her. After a couple of years he sold her to me and since then she's in good hands :)
Already 250000 kms on the counter but she holds herself pretty well...

And now a little project i stuck myself with since this summer, E30 318IS... I love her even more these days, but she only gets out in the weekends:

Before polish and wax.
img5783jf6.jpg

The amazing red is back now after polish and wax.
img6203jr6.jpg

This is how she stands now.
e30318is004kz1.jpg

e30318is001nm7.jpg

I'm planning to repaint the car because the mirrors are to far away, And now with the IS lip being black it just screams for a total repaint, plus the engine could use some newer parts to, especially the chain driven valves... Lots of work ;)

Greets

Last edited:
I know it's not an EVO :sly: but it does the job

Mitsubishi Lancer 2007 (1.6 sports package) below is the pic.

03lancers.jpg

These two babies are my dad's but i get to play with them on the weekends :sly:
Smart (Black, Orange and Bronze) and 2002 Dodge durango (Navy Blue)

Edit: Does any one remember where's the prevoius thread we had like this one??? I've my old car pics there..

Edit: Thanks a mill Kenny i was really looking for this pic, I lost it when my pc crashed :(
Here's my old baby (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3195402&postcount=657)

Last edited:
Car #1

Renault_Megane_Touring_II_07.jpg

Renault Megane Touring 2005. It has the 1,6 litre engine

Car #2

800px-Mitsubishi_Carisma.JPG

Mitsubishi Carisma 1998. With leather seats no less.

And finally Car #3

TBO458_big.jpg

Citroen C5 2003 Exclusive, with 2.2 litre diesel and automatic gearbox

None of the pictures show my actual cars, they're just taken from google. But those are the car models I currently own.

Can you tell I go for the sporty models?

The Mercedes dealer just across the street from where I work just got a brand spankin new SLR Roadster to the showroom. I'm thinking that maybe I will go there and offer my tree cars as an even trade for it. I mean how can they refuse, they will get three cars and I will only get one, and one that is quite impractical as well.

Last edited:
My current ride has only 2 wheels.. 4 wheelers I only got virtually so far. :sly:

P1010013.jpg

P1010015.jpg

Should get a bigger though.... :P

2 things I never knew about Animera:

He comes from/lived in South Africa
He drives an Astra.👍

Always liked the current generation Astra, older generations not so much......

In SA they are called Opels. I cant wait to buy my first 'Holden', probably next year.

I realise this.👍 What kind of Holden are you getting since you already own an Astra? CarAdvice has nothing but praise so far for the new Holden Cruze, but that wouldn't exactly be a sports car.:lol: I imagine that 2 door Astra handles pretty well?

The Astra GTC is such a joy to drive. I bought it brand new and it now has 23,000 km's. It has all the fancy gadgets (Speed button that lowers the chassis, seat warmers, cruise control, headlight washers, etc.) plus its a manual 1800.

The car I really want here is a V8 commodore. I've fallen for them ever since I arrived in NZ.

The car I really want here is a V8 commodore. I've fallen for them ever since I arrived in NZ.

VE SS commodore maybe? My dad has one of those.:D They're really fast when you put your foot down. It just takes off, a lot of power for a stock car.

The Astra GTC is such a joy to drive. I bought it brand new and it now has 23,000 km's. It has all the fancy gadgets (Speed button that lowers the chassis, seat warmers, cruise control, headlight washers, etc.) plus its a manual 1800.

Awesome, good to hear it's a manual.👍 A V8 Commodore is a very nice choice, are you aware we have a Holden fan club on GTP?:sly:

Latest Posts

Back