GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2021]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 328 comments

Please indicate your Carey'd status below - you can change your response once CAREYD

• Total voters

Daniel

User user
Premium
New Zealand
Auckland
Lazer0pz
In unprecendented times like these, it's important to stay safe. The world continues to be swept by a dangerous pandemic, through airborne pathogens that are more likely to be found in shops, workplaces and other public areas.

Almost anyone is susceptible, and it can easily be passed on.

One of the best things you can do to protect yourself. Stay at home.

The next best thing? Wear headphones.

Oh yeah baby.

We're back.

mariah-05.jpeg

General Rules and Guidelines:
  • Survive the remainder of 2021 (i.e. 23:59.59 in your time zone) without listening to All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
  • Only the original song performed by Mariah Carey counts. Remixes, covers and the duet version with Justin Bieber don't count.
  • Hearing any part of the song counts as getting Carey'd. If you're unsure whether it's a remix or the duet version, keep listening to find out, or use apps such as Shazam or Google Assistant. If you're still not sure, it may be in good faith to consider yourself out.
  • GIFs, still images or muted video do not count.
  • When you hear the music, consider yourself Carey'd, out of the competition..
  • Do not post any links to the song in this thread without sufficient warning. This place is a safe haven.
  • While the rest of the site is free reign, keep in mind the site's rules regarding misleading (next bullet point)
  • You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
  • If you play the link in the OP with any intention outside of refreshing your memory (i.e.playing it over Skype or PSN), you will be Carey'd if you hear it.
Some tips to avoid the song:
  • Do not trust anyone.
  • Avoid shopping at department stores, clothing stores, supermarkets - anything that may have a radio playing.
  • If you must step outside, consider bringing noise-isolating earphones and play loud music on them to avoid any other songs.
  • Do not trust anyone.
  • Have your computer defaulted to 'mute' and make sure that your volume is off while opening any links.
  • Do not talk to any other GTPers using Discord, Facebook, gaming voice chat, social media, or open any musical Christmas cards physically sent to them. We are all evil and cannot be trusted.
If you haven't yet heard the song, just click on the video below to watch it before avoiding it until next year.

Good luck everyone.

You need it.

GTPlanet vs. Wham!

GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey

Last edited:
mariahcareychristmastreejuly2017-500x604.jpg

Underneath The Christmas Tree (Sign-ups Before December 1st)
  • Daniel
  • TB
  • Nexus - November 19 - Never trust recommendations from anyone. Especially the Tube
  • Jimlaad43 - December 15 - Just when you thought it was safe to go to the track (thanks, @kjb)
  • Stephan
  • Michelin - November 10 - TikTok, Michelin is out
  • UKMikey
  • Keef - November 29 - Mr Batiste might be funny, until he turns into Judas
  • SomePlayaDude
  • Bealdor - December 7 - Happy wife, Carey'd life
  • Famine
  • AudiMan2011
  • RACECAR
  • girabyt3
  • RESHIRAM5 - November 26 - Careless Wispered Mariah'd
  • Dennisch - December 8 - You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy Mariah, not join her!
  • NotThePrez
  • Tom
  • epic_apri_39 - November 4 - insult, meet injury
  • Epic B - November 12 - Schrödinger's Maria: even if you're not sure, she still gets ya
  • Casey - November 30 - Carey'd at the DMV? I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out through my eyes
  • Leadfoot530 - November 27 - You're ESPECIALLY not safe during a league qualifying session
  • bjl23
  • Spacegoat
  • W3H5 - December 2 - Makin' copies, gettin' Carey'd
  • Dave A
  • XJ40
  • Fat Tyre
  • 35mm - November 11 - Should have called in sick
  • Dreadmed
  • Hayden
  • Shaun
  • EngieDiesel
  • UnkaD - November 4 - Sign me u... never mind
  • edawg456 - November 12 - You got Spotify Carey'd by your mom, dawg
  • Bambi - December 18 - the AIWFCIY music video certainly counts as "morbid"
  • Rallywagon
  • MaxAttack
  • toastet - November 28 - A TikTok steamer, er, streamer
  • linksracer
  • Fastcarguy - December 2 - If you're his Secret Santa, coal is too good for him
  • DK - November 27 - Shopped around, found out
  • NAXEHT - November 17 - Self Carey'd. Like, by choice.
  • polysmut
  • ROAD_DOGG33J
  • Obelisk
  • Obelisk's dad - December 11 - He's not lovin' it (thanks, @UKMikey)
  • Puffel Pizza - November 28 - Self Careymolated
  • ThrasherDBS
  • Sertsa
  • LOonIE - November 28 - Your own car? Where you control the radio? Unacceptable.
  • Dylan
  • RandomCarGuy17 - November 30 - Laptops in school cause ear cancer and should be illegal
  • gthelmi2398 - December 1 - Three days definitely qualifies as "soon"
  • SomeGamer2021 - November 29 - You should seek some psychiatric help, dude
  • Phaceless_Ph
  • Erebus_9
  • GTP_Dutchy - December 3 - The passenger always picks the radio station!
  • Nowax
  • sirjim73 - December 13 - BBC: Bedeviled By Carey
  • Rob192005
  • Cerebral303
  • Failmaster21 - December 2 - For Reels? On Instagram?
  • SnakeOfBacon - November 27 - Should have gone to Walmart. Wait, no
  • AfraidRacer
  • Flex0r - December 6 - Those are the bookends you don't want to your day
Standing Right Outside My Door (Sign-ups After December 1st)
  • stpatty - December 3 - Forget hockey, hearing it stops time everywhere
  • Kingofweasles
  • Nismonath5 - December 1 - Further proof there's nothing good in the news
  • pokemonfan58 - December 1 - If you think you have friends in November and December, you're fooling yourself
  • GTboyz - December 7 - Eat, but get Carey'd or starve and remain Carey free. Hmm...
  • kjb - December 7 - Everyone knows Walmart and Mariah are in cahoots
  • Shiarlis
  • Cellcrash1991 - December 14 - Should have waited 35 minutes

Updated to post #275.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another year. Another attempt to survive.

GAME ON BROTHERS.

I'm in.
Will probably get Carey'd by my wife again. lol
A couple of years ago my wife told me to stay in the shower for a few minutes because it was on the radio. :lol:

I can guarantee that both of my kids would take me out, though. :irked:

Aight, let's see how long I last until catastrophic failure this time.

I'm in.

2-0 so far, time to continue the streak.

I'm in.

Last edited:
I'm a virtual recluse who doesn't listen to TV and radio and only shops in the local Tesco. I'm so nailing this, barring deliberate shenanigans. Do I have to formally declare I'm in to take part?

Last edited:
Now I work on a music radio, but at least it's just full Salsa... Let's go for another Trifecta!! :cheers:

Last edited:
Didn't realise it was remade and made much more difficult and unlike Last Christmas, I actually don't like the song.

Bring it on :)

3-1 on Wham!, let's see if I can do better against Mariah

Last edited:
It's actually worth reminding everyone that, while "Whamageddon" has gone mainstream now, the fact we have documented evidence of it being played here in 2010 gets us a note on the game's Wikipedia page :lol:

The page also cites the Death of George Michael and that we on GTPlanet have since transitioned to Mariah. Seeing Wikipedia say "ApoCareypse" unironically is quite funny.

Well, you mariahed her...
Get out.
It's actually worth reminding everyone that, while "Whamageddon" has gone mainstream now, the fact we have documented evidence of it being played here in 2010 gets us a note on the game's Wikipedia page :lol:

I'd never expect to have contributed to such an important piece of Internet pop culture. :lol:

Last edited:
Feels lime forever ago hat we did is last. A welcome bit of holiday banter.

I'm in, although now that I work at a movie theater, it may not be for very long!

Back