GTS vs GT6 - Cars comparison

• Thread starter emula
  • 1,346 comments
I've noticed it too, but scapes locations are simply real photos so the comparison with the old 3D locations doesn't make much sense

PS

Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo

007gj7m.jpg

01lkk03.jpg

02a1ksh.jpg

03vqky4.jpg

08qyk4g.jpg

09ezknn.jpg

18mdjk6.jpg

19bxkhe.jpg
Less tessellated now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Loooking at those Screens here, i can't wait to see how much of a improvement will be the Car Models in the Next Generaton GT
I think the models themselves are quite on top of what you can archieve. They will probably improve the LOD so that the cars will lose less details during actual racing (it would save a lot of time for the dev and still makes quite a noticeable difference).

I agree @Yassi_99 , I don't see the sense in the models being dramatically improved when we the developers are able to produce what they can now. I think we will see improvements in texture quality, lighting and effects and what will really improve are the consoles abilities to have a lot more real time data happening at once compared to now. That will mean things like real time lighting, weather etc. will all become a more reasonable proposition. Improving the LOD should also happen. I think we may see bigger improvments to the environments than the vehicles in a next gen GT game though.

Interesting that the wheel opening moldings were removed on the Camaro. They are correct for the car I think. Also I hope they fix the stripes.

Anyways the model is gorgeous. Takes me back to being 8 and drooling over this GT2 screenshot in a magazine:

hirrrs-blogspot-com-download-gran-turismo-2-psx-ps1__ezakI-QZYKEwF3WH6x43kQHaF8.jpg

I thought there was no way digital cars could possibly look more realistic than that :lol:

All of those GT5 cars in this batch are remade from scratch into super premiums. If getting only 5 cars per month means all cars will be super premium, I'm totally fine with that, given the level of quality here is much better than even the tessellated GT6 models.

Actually wished they had remade all cars into super premiums; cars like the BMW Z8 really need it.

These cars are sickeningly detailed, especially that Clio and the reworked Premiums/Super Premiums. And I love every bit of it.

EDIT: Oh lord, I just saw the Camero too. :drool:

PD are masters at their craft when it comes to car detail. :bowdown:
I just wish they'd put more detail into their tracks and environments too.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69

02xbkix.jpg

20jejdc.jpg
That black panel was available only for SS 396, but I prefer it because it's really cool!

By the way, I think that there's a mystery about the iconic stripes of 1969 Camaro.
Seeing lots of real life pictures, there're some types of the stripes' positions and lengths.
I wonder which one is the correct factory work... Is it the first one below?
1969lemansx77rear.jpg

ebay671620.jpg

attachment.php

I found some brochure photos, but there was no back shot of striped Z/28...
Mean+streak.jpg

1969-Z28-Camaro-Ad-Closest-Thing-to-a-Corvette-Yet.jpg

Back