19egjfs.jpg

20tejkg.jpg

21ntj7e.jpg

26kzjb9.jpg

272zk9w.jpg

48k7jxh.jpg

49tejjg.jpg

Full gallery https://granturismo.forumfree.it/?t=76997529
Have you noticed that it is two different cars they have modeled? The one in GT6 has two mirrors while the one in GT Sport has only one.

This is the list of all the cars that make full use of the tessellation in GT6 (in bold the cars that already are in GTS)

Acura NSX CONCEPT '13
Aston Martin One-77 '11
Ayrton Senna LOTUS 97T '85
BMW M4 Coupé
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '13

Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '11
Chevrolet SS 2013 NASCAR
Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
Chevrolet Corvette StingRay Racer Concept '59
DeltaWing 2013 DeltaWing
DeltaWing sponsored by Nissan at LeMans 2012
Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71
Fisker Karma EcoSport '12
Ford FUSION 2013 NASCAR
Ford GT40 Mark I '66
Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13
Ford Shelby GT500 '13
Honda FIT RS '10
Honda NSX CONCEPT '13
Jay Leno 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado
KTM X-BOW R '12
Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88
Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74
Lamborghini Diablo GT '00

Lamborghini Diablo GT2 '98
Lamborghini Reventon '08
Lancia STRATOS '73
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13
Lotus Elise '11
Lotus Europa Special '72
Mazda RX500 '70
McLaren F1 GTR - BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing) '95
McLaren F1 GTR Race Car Base Model '95
Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo
Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo

Monster Sport SX4 Pikes Peak Special 2011
Peugeot RCZ '10
Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster '60

Pozzi MotorSports Camaro RS
Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11
Shelby GT350 '65

SRT Viper GTS '13
SUBARU BRZ R&D SPORT '12
Tajima 2012 Monster Sport E-RUNNER Pikes Peak Special
Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance '12
Toyota 2000 GT '67

Toyota CAMRY 2013 NASCAR
Toyota Aqua S '11
Toyota FT-1
Toyota Vitz F '12

Just spotted this message from way back in the thread (Last edited: Dec 11, 2017). Turns out this list is pretty much a Future DLC car list. I see now that a whole bunch of those other tessellated GT6 cars are now in the game.

Have you noticed that it is two different cars they have modeled? The one in GT6 has two mirrors while the one in GT Sport has only one.

Maybe it's the same car, the driver had an accident between GT6 and GTS - someone drove past when he was parked and knocked the mirror off... happens all the time :sly::lol:

More seriously, that's a good spot 👍

Just spotted this message from way back in the thread (Last edited: Dec 11, 2017). Turns out this list is pretty much a Future DLC car list. I see now that a whole bunch of those other tessellated GT6 cars are now in the game.

Another good spot. There's very few cars left from that list. If you ignore the Senna car, NASCAR and probably the Deltawings (which had complicated licensing even back in GT6 days as I recall) which are less likely to appear, bearing in mind the next update is likely to be European car heavy, following japanese and American heavy updates, the Reventon must surely be imminent?

As usual, thanks to @emula for the comparisons :cheers:

Another good spot. There's very few cars left from that list. If you ignore the Senna car, NASCAR and probably the Deltawings (which had complicated licensing even back in GT6 days as I recall) which are less likely to appear, bearing in mind the next update is likely to be European car heavy, following japanese and American heavy updates, the Reventon must surely be imminent?

The two Lotuses could likely be ignored as well if you put into consideration the unresolved licensing issues between Sony/PD and Lotus. Maybe also a few "redundant" models as well (2013 Acura/Honda NSX Concepts are kinda pointless since we already have the production-ready 2017 NSX, for instance).

Chevrolet Corvette StingRay Racer Concept '59

00jlj4x.jpg

01d9jc3.jpg

02ockw3.jpg

03pfkj3.jpg

175vj6u.jpg

18ifkzi.jpg

215aj0u.jpg

222yja6.jpg

29pjjwe.jpg

305kj4s.jpg

41kpj13.jpg

42n8j07.jpg

Full gallery https://granturismo.forumfree.it/?t=77000275
I was surprised that they remodeled it!

And the plastic part on its side and rear are black in GT6, but colored in GTS.

I think the model is basically the same, but what caused these differences? The destinations?

I was surprised that they remodeled it!

And the plastic part on its side and rear are black in GT6, but colored in GTS.

I think the model is basically the same, but what caused these differences? The destinations?

Pretty sure the Ferrari 365 is completely remodeled too. Easy to see the major differences in modeling and spacings when looking at the rear end. We're getting less cars per update now but the advantage is each car has been completely remodeled from scratch, even the premium tessellated models from GT6.

26kzjb9.jpg

272zk9w.jpg

Last edited:
I swear, the location that is used for all the GT6 pics has some seriously dull lighting, making everything look flat. I don't recall GT6 doesn't having a wide variety of locations to begin with which sucks. These GT Sport pics are all in an enclosed space which is unfair because cars usually look shiny and gorgeous in places like that lol . Dealership, big garages, tunnels, etc. all have that favorable lighting. Replay photo mode maybe? Look how nice GT6 looks in the tunnel at cote d'azur.

[HSG's] Gran Turismo Photomode Showcase Week #49 1-43 screenshot.png

Last edited:
I swear, the location that is used for all the GT6 pics has some seriously dull lighting, making everything look flat. I don't recall GT6 doesn't having a wide variety of locations to begin with which sucks. These GT Sport pics are all in an enclosed space which is unfair because cars usually look shiny and gorgeous in places like that lol . Dealership, big garages, tunnels, etc. all have that favorable lighting. Replay photo mode maybe? Look how nice GT6 looks in the tunnel at cote d'azur.

View attachment 870005
To this day, the best photomode is from Gran Turismo 5. For many of us, GT5 looked better than GT6 in many cases. The photomode locations (and the lighting) in GT6 looked very bad compared to GT5. By the way, the biggest difference between GTSport and GT6 in terms of photomode : 3D location vs 2D picture. Rendering a car and a 3D location (GT6) vs just a car (GTSport). I miss so much GT5 photomode locations, they were all so beautiful; Scapes are simply too limited for me.

View attachment 870005

The problem with tunnels is that it’s so dark that it’s hard to see the details of the model. It would be good for comparing shaders, but not good for comparing models. My favourite photomode location in GT6 is under one of the solar panels at the solar power farm, you can get some nice reflections there while still having good light on the car.

The new render of the RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 doesn't seem as detailed as some of the previous new rendered cars shown throughout this thread imho.

Thanks as always to emula for doing the comparisons. 👍 :)

It seems strange to me why they pick pre-facelift model for GTS. I mean, M3 E46 is not very rare car, so it won't be a big problem to find the right one for scanning. Also, hoping for CSL and GTR variants.
Facelift come in 2001, but LED was option if I understand BMW right.

Facelift come in 2001, but LED was option if I understand BMW right.

Here is the full list of changes through years (for UK market, but it doesnt matter very much). In April 2003 E46 M3 got some noticeable exterior (including those LED lights) and interior changes.

Changes:
Mar-01
• E46 Introduced to the UK
• Brushed Titanium replaced by Titan Shadow
• Business Radio with MD added (Europe)

Jun-01
• SMG-II Option Added (Europe)
• 19” Wheels Made Available (Europe)

Jul-01
• 19” Wheels made available (UK)

September 2001 (Model Year 2002)
• SMG-II Option Added (UK Only)
• Seat Width Adjustment Made Standard (UK Spec)
• SatNav Screen replaced with Wide Screen Model
• Auto-On Lights Added as Standard (UK)
• Individual Options permitted (UK)
• Standard Xenon lights upgraded to Bi-Xenon
• Black Gloss Interior trim discontinued (Replaced by Titanium shadow)
• Minidisc Option Added (UK)

Oct-01
• SMG Paddles Changed (Size & Colour of + and -)

Jan-02
• Minidisc / CD option combined with Nav/TV made possible.

February 2002 Changes
• M Racing Strut added to Coupe & Cab

March 2002 Changes
• Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim Added.
• M Rear Wing Spoiler option added (As on 330Ci Clubsport)

September 02 (Model year 2003)
• Cab Central Brake light made clear
• SatNav Control unit upgraded to DVD player.
• Bluetooth Phone Kit added.
• Interior buttons changed from printed to embossing.
• AUX Connections added to TV Unit

April 2003 Changes
• New LED Rear Lights Added
• Silver Grey Paint Added
• Mystic Blue Paint Added
• Steel Grey Discontinued
• Topaz Blue Discontinued
• SMG Logo removed
• Cabs now get "convenience opening"
• Climate Control Buttons changed
• Brushed Aluminium Interior trim added (UK)
• Boot lid handle changed

September 2003 (Model year 2004)
• SatNav CD replaced with DVD including TMC
• Le Mans blue added to Individual range of colours (UK)

September 2004 (Model year 2005)
• TV Module upgraded to digital
• Business CD Head Unit upgraded to play MP3

September 2004 (Model year 2005)
• M3 CS Model Added (Europe)
• Interlagos Blue Paint Added

April 2005 Changes
• Phoenix Yellow dropped
• Laguna Seca Blue dropped
• M3 CS model introduced (UK)
• Interlagos Blue Paint Added (UK)
• 3rd Point seat belt and headrest added